Trail Blazers @ Suns Friday game thread 11-4-2022

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
The calls were lopsided stupid all night you would have thought we were in Portland! That said You have to know they are throwing into Grant and Ayton shouldn’t have even been on the floor for the 1 second as he doesn’t track the ball and jump himself straight out of bounds and out of position to even contest the shot! And they should be able to see in the review that dude took like 4 steps and correctly called it! We got jobbed get used to it…
Ayton was in there for rim protection, Ayton is the reason Grant traveled

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There can’t be another franchise that has been as successful as the Suns have been throughout history that’s suffered as many buzzer beating losses, at home no less, while NEVER winning 1 title.

I mean… I knew once Mikal crapped his pants we were losing at the buzzer. Someway, somehow, we were going to lose.

It’s getting comical at this point.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Freaking CP3 is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open. Mikal was came up small in the clutch, but Book has to make a smarter choice on the double team

They’ve run that play before when expecting the double on book. Bridges will flash to the top of key for the pass. Bridges just crapped the bed, although they did close out on him aggressively. But he had to know where his guys are.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Shouldn’t have mattered. Bridges had two opportunities at the end of the game to salt the game away and turtled on an open 8 footer and kicked it out for a bad shot. And then he just melted like the Wicked Witch Of East on that last play and gave Portland the chance to win on the last play.
He also got lit up by grant

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, but we haven't made him play offense, like we are this season. He is still learning. He is a smart guy. He will get better.
He was an older rookie and he’s a fifth year pro. Time to stop make excuses for him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Freaking CP3 is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open. Mikal was came up small in the clutch, but Book has to make a smarter choice on the double team
Yup. Bridges in the high post with his back to the basket wasn’t the right read by Booker. I’ve been harping on this for over a year. Booker doesn’t read the double well at all. His passes are typically late and they are panic passes to just get it outta his hands, not take advantage of the weakness the defense is forced into by doubling.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The way I see it, Bridges tried to make it a layup when it wasn't there. He should have pulled up and shot it.

Paul came open when Booker was already passing.
The double was coming from Paul’s direction. That should be a ready indicator for Booker.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
if you start watching the replay you see the clock does not start until Grant has already taken 2 of his backwards cha cha cha steps with the ball. And how do the refs miss the 4 steps with all eyes on him out in the open?

all together, has to be the ref's worst buzzer-shot blunder in NBA history!!!

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
in the 3rd Booker was dribbling into 2 and 3 defenders -- sometimes with a 4th hanging close as well

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol he didn’t even see the ball or make a play on it, back to the ball as usual. Should’ve been anybody but Grant to beat us terrible inbound D imo…

Ayton was guarding the lob to the basket, which was the right play. However, it was a good pass to the other side of the basket going away. There is not much he could do.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The double was coming from Paul’s direction. That should be a ready indicator for Booker.

It was a good read for Booker to go to Bridges. If he had taken a step or so and shot it instead of trying to go all the way to the rim, the results would have been easier to accept.

Paul did come free later but Booker was already in the act of passing. He had been reluctant to shoot all night.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my biggest concerns, and Monty has been trying to fix it, is spreading out the play making.

The whole team should be better passers and decision makers, not just a couple of players. The Trail Blazers did just that without a point guard.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Cam's injury looked like an MCL or PCL sprain to me. Crutches would be appropriate.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Since the Suns lost because the opponent got away with cheating (or there probably would have been OT), I find the loss annoying but acceptable. I mean, it was hardly like the Mavericks playoff humiliation where the team gave up.
Comparing a regular season loss at the buzzer to what happened last year in game 7 against the Mavs is apples and oranges. Too many regular season games to not experience defeat or even blowouts at that. What sucks is we’ve lost 2 games by 4 points combined to the same team. It happens

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The scary thing is they didn't have Dame. IMO, regardless of what happens to tissue soft Cam Johnson we need to get deeper.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Out-fluffing-standing

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The scary thing is they didn't have Dame. IMO, regardless of what happens to tissue soft Cam Johnson we need to get deeper.
Meh. Not going to get too pissed about last night, especially if we take care of business tonight. Team took a dump. Book was cold. CP3 won’t shoot. DA was once again in foul trouble.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh. Not going to get too pissed about last night, especially if we take care of business tonight. Team took a dump. Book was cold. CP3 won’t shoot. DA was once again in foul trouble.
This game shouldn't have been close without Dame.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose