Trail Blazers @ Suns Friday game thread 11-4-2022

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow. You can count 1001 when Grant touches it, and he is still stepping backwards. Gathered, and then shot. No way he can do ALL that in ONE second.
That's on the Suns time keeper, not the refs.

But I agree, I don't think he got it off if the timer had done his job correctly.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I don’t care about that travel.

I’m more pissed that Bridges completely crapped the bed because he plays terrified in crunch time.

This team ain’t winning jack squat with Ayton as their second best player and Bridges as their third.
I am pissed because the NBA has a time clock scenario. It's something like at .3 or less it has to be a tip. .5 seconds is a shot no dribble only. etc. All that action he did in ONE second and the refs can't look at it logically, and go, you know how can a guy do ALL that in one second?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

But I agree, I don't think he got it off if the timer had done his job correctly.
Maybe Tom Chambers is wrong, but he just said, in that scenario the refs start the clock.

But still, even without the clock starting on time, it still begs the question, how can he do all he did within one second? He can't. All they have to do is see it took more than two seconds and surmise the clock wasn't started in time!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges is such a mental midget. In the last minute, Twice there he got in the lane for an eight footer and then shoveled it out to the three point line. And then he looked like he just crapped in his underwear at the end of the game when he had the advantage again.

That guy might be great on offense but he will KILL us in the playoffs when we need more than Book to make a play. And this team WILL need more than one person who can make a play down the stretch of playoff games and that guy ain’t CP3 any more.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the final shot.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am pissed because the NBA has a time clock scenario. It's something like at .3 or less it has to be a tip. .5 seconds is a shot no dribble only. etc. All that action he did in ONE second and the refs can't look at it logically, and go, you know how can a guy do ALL that in one second?
Shouldn’t have mattered. Bridges had two opportunities at the end of the game to salt the game away and turtled on an open 8 footer and kicked it out for a bad shot. And then he just melted like the Wicked Witch Of East on that last play and gave Portland the chance to win on the last play.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Shouldn’t have mattered. Bridges had two opportunities at the end of the game to salt the game away and turtled on an open 8 footer and kicked it out for a bad shot. And then he just melted like the Wicked Witch Of East on that last play and gave Portland the chance to win on the last play.
Yeah, but we haven't made him play offense, like we are this season. He is still learning. He is a smart guy. He will get better.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but we haven't made him play offense, like we are this season. He is still learning. He is a smart guy. He will get better.
He is 26 YEARS OLD. He was supposed to be “the most ready to play player” in his draft since he was a 22 year old Junior. He’s not learning. He’s literally the exact same player that he’s been the last two years.

He is what he is… great defender, but mentally weak offensive player who consistently either chokes or disappears in close/playoff games.

And unfortunately he’s either our second or third best player. You’re not winning a title with Bridges as one of your big 3. And that’s what he is because CP3 is still solid, but he ain’t what he was and will likely be even less effective when he inevitably wears down at the end of the year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's where it happened. Running the clock backwards and forwards the clock didn't start right away when Grant touched the ball.

It was an obvious travel as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty didn't have an update on Cam Johnson.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here was the Suns last possession of the game.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
He is 26 YEARS OLD. He was supposed to be “the most ready to play player” in his draft since he was a 22 year old Junior. He’s not learning. He’s literally the exact same player that he’s been the last two years.

He is what he is… great defender, but mentally weak offensive player who consistently either chokes or disappears in close/playoff games.

And unfortunately he’s either our second or third best player. You’re not winning a title with Bridges as one of your big 3. And that’s what he is because CP3 is still solid, but he ain’t what he was and will likely be even less effective when he inevitably wears down at the end of the year.
IDK, I see his offense is better than it was last season. He just isn't used to handling it at the end of the game situations. CP3 and Book have been doing that. CP3 said the team is going to put more emphasis on Cam and Bridges supplying more offense and getting them ready to carry more load, especially in the fourth. Tonight they tried that. They have implied they know being prepared for post season is more important than winning games now. Seems like they are doing that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul needs to regain confidence in his shot (1-4) and shoot more.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Freaking CP3 is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open. Mikal was came up small in the clutch, but Book has to make a smarter choice on the double team

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam J is starting to look injury prone. With him being undersized at PF that doesn’t bode well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Freaking CP3 is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open. Mikal was came up small in the clutch, but Book has to make a smarter choice on the double team

The way I see it, Bridges tried to make it a layup when it wasn't there. He should have pulled up and shot it.

Paul came open when Booker was already passing.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Cam J is starting to look injury prone. With him being undersized at PF that doesn’t bode well.
His leg got pinned as he fought through a screen. At the angle he was hit, no matter your size, it's going to put stress on your leg.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
E
The way I see it, Bridges tried to make it a layup when it wasn't there. He should have pulled up and shot it.

Paul came open when Booker was already passing.
EJ was saying that too. Just shoot over the top in that scenario.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty says it was a tough result.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
IDK, I see his offense is better than it was last season. He just isn't used to handling it at the end of the game situations. CP3 and Book have been doing that. CP3 said the team is going to put more emphasis on Cam and Bridges supplying more offense and getting them ready to carry more load, especially in the fourth. Tonight they tried that. They have implied they know being prepared for post season is more important than winning games now. Seems like they are doing that.
Bridges is in a weird scenario. He’s always got the toughest offensive assignment on a nightly basis. Then on offense, CP3 and Book control so much of the action and DA gets his touches. When Cam J starts, he’s looking to shoot 3’s. Mikal isn’t a great off the bounce player as we know so a lot of his shots are in transition, cuts and open looks generated by other teammates.

While he did mess up the last play, his biggest issue is he looks to make the “right play” not always looking for his shot in rhythm. And then when you hesitate, that instance allows the defense to recover and the advantage is lost. You are what you are, but even if he gets limited opportunities, he’s gotta be more aggressive.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The calls were lopsided stupid all night you would have thought we were in Portland! That said You have to know they are throwing into Grant and Ayton shouldn’t have even been on the floor for the 1 second as he doesn’t track the ball and jump himself straight out of bounds and out of position to even contest the shot! And they should be able to see in the review that dude took like 4 steps and correctly called it! We got jobbed get used to it…