Response on the 2023 Draft

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Is Ford so expensive to prevent them from rolling with Ford, Hernandez and Hayes - and see who wins between Ford and Hayes? With all the injuries at that position, it couldn't hurt to have the depth. They probably regret putting Hayes on season ending IR.
I'd expect Ford to NOT be too expensive, but I'd bet that Hernandez gets a pretty good offer from other teams. He's played pretty well this year so far.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is Ford so expensive to prevent them from rolling with Ford, Hernandez and Hayes - and see who wins between Ford and Hayes? With all the injuries at that position, it couldn't hurt to have the depth. They probably regret putting Hayes on season ending IR.

I think they retain all 3. I don't think either of the vets cost very much and we need depth.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
A WR that I like is Zakhari Franklin UTSA. Runs good routes. Able to catch contested balls. Decent athlete. More of a 2nd or 3rd round guy.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Recency bias much? I don't expect anything different from you pal. You just try to erase a decade worth of embarrassing draft picks with comical statements like this. Carry on with your agenda. Keim has been the worst drafting GM for much of his time. It doesn't matter to you.
bill belichek says hold my beer

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think both stay. I think Hernandez will want to stay with Kugler.
All comes down to cost. The team will be more inclined to keep Ford as they gave up draft compensation to get him. The benefit may be his ability to compete with both Jones at RT and Hayes at LG. Jones will probably get penciled in at RT.

Ford probably gets a min of 3 mil.

Hernandez min of 6 mil.

Tough to see us spending a min of 9 mil on two offensive guards when we just drafted Hayes and he looked really good. Maybe a short term deal would work.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
All comes down to cost. The team will be more inclined to keep Ford as they gave up draft compensation to get him. The benefit may be his ability to compete with both Jones at RT and Hayes at LG. Jones will probably get penciled in at RT.

Hernandez min of 6 mil.

Tough to see us spending a min of 9 mil on two offensive guards when we just drafted Hayes and he looked really good. Maybe a short term deal would work.
We'd better not be making big FA decisions about spending on the OL based on Hayes. He had some flash in TC but he is still a late-round JAG who may end up being nothing at all, or just a depth guy, or a starter. He's not a guy you say, "Don't spend at the position because we have HIM already."

We don't have near enough tape to make a decision on Ford. If he's good, try to get him on the cheap, sure. Hernandez? He'd be worth the 6, ATM.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Hernandez min of 6 mil.

I think Ford signs a 1 year deal, depending on how the rest of the season goes. Hernandez has played well and most likely will continue to be better than Ford through the end of the season.

If Pugh and Hudson retire (as seem likely) then our whole interior would cost very little.

I can see Hernandez on a 2 year $5m per year deal and Ford on a 1 year $3m deal.

I don't think the 5th round pick will make much difference as we should get a 6th round comp if he walks.

That would give us Ford, Hayes, Smith, Hernandez at around $10 total. Maybe they sign a vet C if Smith isn't ready.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose