Suns @ Clippers Sunday game thread 10-23-2022

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's going to have to play itself out. I'm not sure Cam Johnson can play more than about 25 minutes a game.

Physically, I'm not sure if he is built for more.
So the issue with Jae was stupid. Left Jae as a starter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the issue with Jae was stupid. Left Jae as a starter.

If Jae had stayed around, starting would probably be a nonissue (he would remain the starter), but I think getting extended was important as well.

I wouldn't rule out Jae returning to Phoenix if a trade to their liking doesn't materialize.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Jae had stayed around, starting would probably be a nonissue, but I think getting extended was important as well.

I wouldn't rule out Jae returning to Phoenix if a trade to their liking doesn't materialize.
Perk is already saying that Jae should rejoin the team. Jae is a role player. Role players have to be willing to play roles. Period.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what James Jones said on October 19th about Jae Crowder. It hardly seems like shutting the door.

By Kevin Zimmerman, Arizona Sports:

“To Jae’s credit, Jae’s a pro. It’s not like Jae refuses to be a part of this,” Jones said on Oct. 19. “We just decided that for him and for us, it’s best that we pursue alternative options so both groups can move forward.”

Jones, however, did not completely close and lock the door on Crowder returning to the team.

“I’ll never say never,” Jones said. “As of today (on Oct. 19), we’re still pursuing other opportunities. That could change, but I’ll tell you right now we’ll pursue other opportunities.”

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is what James Jones said on October 19th about Jae Crowder. It hardly seems like shutting the door.

By Kevin Zimmerman, Arizona Sports:

“To Jae’s credit, Jae’s a pro. It’s not like Jae refuses to be a part of this,” Jones said on Oct. 19. “We just decided that for him and for us, it’s best that we pursue alternative options so both groups can move forward.”

Jones, however, did not completely close and lock the door on Crowder returning to the team.

“I’ll never say never,” Jones said. “As of today (on Oct. 19), we’re still pursuing other opportunities. That could change, but I’ll tell you right now we’ll pursue other opportunities.”

That is odd. Jones kinda makes it sound like the decision to move on was more on the Suns than Jae. "We just decided"

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is odd. Jones kinda makes it sound like the decision to move on was more on the Suns than Jae. "We just decided"

James Jones is a player's GM. If a player doesn't want to be here, he will try to accommodate. IMO, if Crowder returns, it will likely be his idea.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
JJ isn't going to throw Jae under the bus like that as he's trying to save what value Jae has.
Yeah. That makes sense. No bad blood. Just accommodation. Looks good on the Suns and Crowder.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I missed the game last night but what was Monty thinking leaving them until the last minute?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I missed the game last night but what was Monty thinking leaving them until the last minute?

It's a fine line when to pull the starters.

I'm sure Monty wanted to secure the win at all cost and not give the Clippers any hope of making a comeback.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Its the start of the season, If anyone on our team needs rest already TRADE his ass.
Some of the "fellas" don't seem to be in fighting shape yet, resting is for mid season when everyone else is fighting over whos coming in second to the Suns.
Then ramp it up at the end of the season to get back in prime form for the dance.
I'd love to see CP3 below 30 min hell even 25 but let him get his BB legs back first.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA