Wk6-Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks Pregame thread. 10/10/22-10/15/22

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
VJ said in a recent interview/press conference that sacks aren't important. He said he didn't care about sacks. Just pressure.
I'd disagree to a point.

Sacks set an offense back. Setting an offense back creates harder situations to convert future downs.

But if you are getting 2-3 sacks a game and not creating any other pressure, I'd prefer lots of pressure. Pressure can change throws.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
VJ said in a recent interview/press conference that sacks aren't important. He said he didn't care about sacks. Just pressure.
No way. Coach who’s defenses can’t get sacks says sacks aren’t important? Stunned.

A good defense gets pressure AND sacks. One that just gets pressure is average. Which is exactly what this D is. Which is better than I actually expected, but it’s still average.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
No way. Coach who’s defenses can’t get sacks says sacks aren’t important? Stunned.

A good defense gets pressure AND sacks. One that just gets pressure is average. Which is exactly what this D is. Which is better than I actually expected, but it’s still average.
I expected the defense to be at least average, but I expected the offense to be at least above average.

Not trying to pick a fight or anything, but I didn't think you sounded like you thought the defense was going to be average based on what you said all offseason. But I don't like to try and characterize people's views based on internet postings, because I bet if we talked face-to-face, we would actually agree more than we do here.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I expected the defense to be at least average, but I expected the offense to be at least above average.

Not trying to pick a fight or anything, but I didn't think you sounded like you thought the defense was going to be average based on what you said all offseason. But I don't like to try and characterize people's views based on internet postings, because I bet if we talked face-to-face, we would actually agree more than we do here.
Krango read my post again. I literally said the D is average and average is better than I expected.

I was literally admitting I was wrong thinking the D would be terrible.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Am I mistaken in thinking that a sack results in a loss, because it's behind the LOS like KK's favorite play? Pressure can result in no gain, an interception, fumble or a completed pass, or am I wrong?

SMH

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t call 3 “exhaustive.”

Well how many are on the street waiting their turn? And had there were 3 other teams with street
Kickers as well. Which is kind of unusual. I dont know the answers and not making excuses I seriously don’t know?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Imagine paying $45m a year to a QB that can only ever be good with a top 5 WR.
This.

The Cardinals can't continually spend all that money on OL and WR just to prop up Murray. Murray HAS TO play better than he has.

And I love Kyler. I'm a huge fan of his and he is letting me down every week for a good chunk of the game. There are plays to be made that he isn't making.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That said, if/when Watt goes down, I think we’re gonna see a fall off the same way we did last year. And I fear that’s just a matter of time.
It's a possibility (probability?)

Zach Allen is playing pretty damn well, and the Cardinals were seeing some nice gains from Rashard Lawrence before he broke his hand, so there is potential that even losing Watt won't hurt as bad as it seems.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a possibility (probability?)

Zach Allen is playing pretty damn well, and the Cardinals were seeing some nice gains from Rashard Lawrence before he broke his hand, so there is potential that even losing Watt won't hurt as bad as it seems.
I hope you’re right and Allen definitely has really come on and continued to develop. You’re a little higher on Lawrence then I am.

I just think having both Watt and Allen and having two difference makers up front is holding this entire D together and if you pull either of them out, I think D folds like a house of cards… pun fully intended.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s not that he’s not allowed to ask, it’s that he apparently can’t comprehend why it’s being asked. And isn’t savvy enough to know that maybe that’s a question he should keep to himself. It’s like kliffs postgame comments that almost always evidence a lack of awareness. You’re better off shutting up and being considering a fool than speaking and removing all doubt.
No, it's because he doesn't view the walkthrough as having a meaningful impact on how the team will play, and thinks the questions are silly.

The reason he thinks it is ridiculous is because he does not think he has any issue mentally comprehending the offense, and I don't think he does either.

If there are issues, it is with the plays called, and his ability to actually throw/see over the middle IMO.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
No, it's because he doesn't view the walkthrough as having a meaningful impact on how the team will play, and thinks the questions are silly.

The reason he thinks it is ridiculous is because he does not think he has any issue mentally comprehending the offense, and I don't think he does either.

If there are issues, it is with the plays called, and his ability to actually throw/see over the middle IMO.
I actually think the reps are important, at speed and without hitting. The problem with Kyler most of all is that he's not developing timing with guys because they're not working together enough.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don’t know how anyone can write these two paragraphs and not see how they intrinsically linked with each other.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually think the reps are important, at speed and without hitting. The problem with Kyler most of all is that he's not developing timing with guys because they're not working together enough.
Bingo. Also, if the play calling is an issue because Kyler doesn’t have the ability to see and throw over the middle, maybe practicing moving or stepping up in the pocket might actually make some of those plays successful.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t know how anyone can write these two paragraphs and not see how they intrinsically linked with each other.
Knowing the patterns being run, and being able to actually see the guy to acurately throw the ball are two different things. That's how.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Knowing the patterns being run, and being able to actually see the guy to acurately throw the ball are two different things. That's how.
If you know the patterns being run and how the play is supposed to be timed, you don't have to see the guy to accurately throw the ball to them. That's the point of practicing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is such simplistic thinking. Which is why I pointed out that maybe it would behoove practicing how to move the pocket and learning up to step up into the pocket so that Kyler’s height isn’t debilitating to actually running the offense.

But yeah… not practicing/playing in preseason/getting as much reps in as possible is working like gangbusters so far.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose