Kyler Murray after 50 games

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Kyler is the most accurate passer the Cardinals have ever had and that includes Kurt Warner. The fly in the ointment is his mental application to use that accuracy properly... but accuracy with arm strength is paramount to being an NFL QB, that is why you have a long leash on giving up on a guy like that
:biglaugh:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler has a higher completion percentage than Kurt in his time in AZ. So statistically speaking its true.

Kurt (61 games, 57 starts for a 27-30 record) = 65.1% and his lowest in AZ was 62.3%
Kyler (50 games all starts for a 24-25-1 record) = 66.7% and his lowest season was 64.4% his rookie year .

Kurt 59 INTs (2.9% INT Percentage) to Kylers 36 INTs (2.1% INT Percentage).

And for fun, Kurt had 53 fumbles to Kyler's 29

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Serious about this, Kyler can throw a ball more accurately than Warner. I already seen Kyler make throws that Warner could not have done. So yeah, Kyler is that accurate when he knows where to go with the football because I also maintain Warner was an extremely accurate QB. Kyler though is still not even close to the QB Warner was, because being a pro QB involves a lot more traits where Kyler during a course of a game is not even average but crapaliscious, while Warner not only checked all the boxes but was exceptional... of course I am not including the ability to run as a QB part of the equation, but Warner could move within the box of the pocket better than Kyler can

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I am a Kurt Warner fan. But I do want to point out that he threw to some GREAT WR's, Holt and (brain cramp as I can't remember the other WR) in St. Louis and Larry and Anquan, here. That had to help him, but it doesn't diminish his greatness.
Are thinking of Isaac Bruce? Az-Zahir Hakim was pretty good on the Rams those years too, he also had Marshall Faulk

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heard on the radio this morning: Zero wins in games where Kyler runs fewer than 5 times in a game.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I like him, but humble he is not. Is quick to point out others when he plays bad. I don’t like hero ball, with that said that is exactly how the offense is built. Feast or famine, continuity and consistency may come in a run game after game 4, if play caller can contain himself and earn it instead of trying to steal it!

Kyler has The arm and release to be a great qb, but has happy feets before the ball is snapped. But it all starts with sharing the load with the backs, they did that in 2nd 1/2 Last Sunday and shined with hope! With 2 2nd string guards! Smooth deliberate moves damn it, until it’s time to create.

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
Kyler has a higher completion percentage than Kurt in his time in AZ. So statistically speaking its true.

Kurt (61 games, 57 starts for a 27-30 record) = 65.1% and his lowest in AZ was 62.3%
Kyler (50 games all starts for a 24-25-1 record) = 66.7% and his lowest season was 64.4% his rookie year .

Kurt 59 INTs (2.9% INT Percentage) to Kylers 36 INTs (2.1% INT Percentage).

And for fun, Kurt had 53 fumbles to Kyler's 29

While technically true, I think it's a bit misleading considering how side to side this offense is. The eye test still tells me Warner was a more accurate QB.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Kurt was really good on the progressions. That is one area I would like to see Kyler improve on. No matter what you think of him that little guy has an arm and is extremely quick. We had to extend him, no question.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Kyler Murray has played 50 games as a Cardinal.

24-25-1 record.

97 TDs (Only Palmer, Warner and Plummer have more in their Cardinals career).

And today however you may feel about Kyler, Kyler is a top 5 QB ever to play for this franchise.

I don't know how his next 50 games will go, but I say the first 50 games were never boring.

Are you not entertained?
Kyler is by far the most physically talented and gifted QB to ever play for this franchise. Palmer and Warner were bigger and better pocket QB's. Almost impossible to compare Kyler to them, especially as the game continues to favor offense, scoring and aggressively protecting the QB.

Kyler also has the great misfortune of being tied to Kingsbury...who, at this stage of his NFL coaching career, has merely proven to be a decent first-half of the season coach.
I've heard it said that Kyler would actually be a better QB under Shanahan than Kliff. And I believe that's true. There is little about Kliff's offense that puts Kyler in the position to produce in repeated, reliable fashion. In his 4th season, it seems the only way Kyler can be successful is if the game drops into a sandlot style affair, allowing Kyler to innovate on the fly. Again, totally unsustainable...

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While technically true, I think it's a bit misleading considering how side to side this offense is. The eye test still tells me Warner was a more accurate QB.
The original posts never clarified what type of accuracy, so I went statistical. The eye test is too subjective for my taste.

Stout

Reaction score
Kyler after 50 games? Straight up balling out.
:biglaugh:

Bailing out of the pocket, you mean?

In his 4th year, and he still needs to master a lot of the basics. He has moments of greatness, long stretches of good play, and long stretches of unacceptable play. In the 4th year, he's still not won a playoff game or even a clinching game.

Will he get where he needs to be? It's anyone's guess.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In his 4th year, and he still needs to master a lot of the basics. He has moments of greatness, long stretches of good play, and long stretches of unacceptable play. In the 4th year, he's still not won a playoff game or even a clinching game.

Will he get where he needs to be? It's anyone's guess.
This

Still a lot of work to do for him, if he's willing and able to do it

We'll see at this point

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Kyler Murray probably hasn't become the best quarterback he's going to be yet. The games of Raiders, Carolina, and some Rams show what he can do. He's starting to learn more and more about the game as is Kingsbury. There's no telling how good they could be if they were more disciplined and stayed at home for long periods running 2 wr, 2 te 1 rb.

Stout

Reaction score
Kyler Murray probably hasn't become the best quarterback he's going to be yet. The games of Raiders, Carolina, and some Rams show what he can do. He's starting to learn more and more about the game as is Kingsbury. There's no telling how good they could be if they were more disciplined and stayed at home for long periods running 2 wr, 2 te 1 rb.
If those games showed what he can do, the answer is not nearly enough. Now, if we say the second halves of those games, then yes, he looked good.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose