Kyler Murray after 50 games

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kyler Murray has played 50 games as a Cardinal.

24-25-1 record.

97 TDs (Only Palmer, Warner and Plummer have more in their Cardinals career).

And today however you may feel about Kyler, Kyler is a top 5 QB ever to play for this franchise.

I don't know how his next 50 games will go, but I say the first 50 games were never boring.

Are you not entertained?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s definitely an edge of your seat affair. Some is super exciting and fun. Some your burying your head in your hands wondering why and how the stupidity could be so bad? Not a whole lot in between. I will say I’m glad we didn’t stay with Rosen. After that saying your a top 5 Cardinals QB isn’t really much of an accomplishment. Especially if you’re #5.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It’s definitely an edge of your seat affair. Some is super exciting and fun. Some your burying your head in your hands wondering why and how the stupidity could be so bad? Not a whole lot in between. I will say I’m glad we didn’t stay with Rosen. After that saying your a top 5 Cardinals QB isn’t really much of an accomplishment. Especially if you’re #5.
Kyler should be better in year 4. Without Kyler this franchise would be a full scale laughing stock instead of middle of the road. Until a true upgrade comes up, ride Kyler out!

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
It’s difficult to compare him to other successful QBs. When I watch Mahommes play I see a field general who is always in control of his offense.
Not a quality I see in KM. My hope is that he will develop into a version of this. But after 50 games Im not seeing it, even in yesterday’s game he looked confused, hurried and even lost at times. One thing he has in common with Mahommes is freakish talent.

Last edited:

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It’s difficult to compare him to other successful QBs. When I watch Mahommes play I see a field general who is always in control of his offense.
Not a quality I see in KM. My hope is that he will develop into a version of this. But after 50 games Im not seeing it, even in yesterday’s game he looked confused, hurried and even lost at times. One thing he has in common with Mahommes is freakish talent.
He credits Alex Smith for his improvement and he has Andy Reid. He also went to a playoff ready team. Mahomes is better, but also given a much better environment/chance to succeed.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He'll obviously keep racking up stats. It's not really fair (although it is arguably reasonable) to compare him to some of the greatest players in the game (Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes). It's also not particularly revealing to compare him to the QBs of Cardinals Past, since they're so short-lived.

I'm glad to have him over Josh Rosen or John Skelton. I think it's super-iffy (like less than 30% chance) you'd find someone better than him if you got back on the Draft a Quarterback ride.

But I don't think he's going to be consistent enough to be a Top 5 QB. He's already been surpassed by a lot of players younger than him. We have Young Kirk Cousins, I think.

So, yay?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if you are interested in being objective, but on the chance that you are, how about giving us the same info for the months of Sept; Oct; and Nov.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He'll obviously keep racking up stats. It's not really fair (although it is arguably reasonable) to compare him to some of the greatest players in the game (Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes). It's also not particularly revealing to compare him to the QBs of Cardinals Past, since they're so short-lived.

I'm glad to have him over Josh Rosen or John Skelton. I think it's super-iffy (like less than 30% chance) you'd find someone better than him if you got back on the Draft a Quarterback ride.

But I don't think he's going to be consistent enough to be a Top 5 QB. He's already been surpassed by a lot of players younger than him. We have Young Kirk Cousins, I think.

So, yay?
It is an improvement from the Blaine Gabbert comps, so I'll take it I guess.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

So, yay?
Kirk was one of my thoughts. "Man, this guy is Kirk Cousins of the new age running QBs." Is what I was thinking too

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not sure if you are interested in being objective, but on the chance that you are, how about giving us the same info for the months of Sept; Oct; and Nov.
Didn't get this comment. If it is pun at me, atleast I want to understand the comments!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It is an improvement from the Blaine Gabbert comps, so I'll take it I guess.
Racks up stats like Kirk Cousins, picks his spots like Blaine Gabbert.

Cousins will keep you in the game (or give you a big lead) then come unglued in crunch time. Gabbert farted around early in halves and them (mildly) work his way back into it.

Look at Gabbert: 14 TDs and 18 INTs combined in the first and third quarters of games. 35 TDs and and 29 INTs in the second and fourth quarters of games. How is that even possible?

Dude was only a starter for two seasons in the NFL. Weird.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s funny people act like all these young QBs are winning SBs and such at a young age. Only Mahomes off the top of my head is a QB that won at a young age and has maintained his play. Young guys can come in and have some success but then fall off but after some years in the league they can go up or disappear. It’s still early in Kylers career need to be patient things could be much worse and Cards fans SHOULD know that! It’s amazing that people have forgotten how bad we were before we got him, after Palmer Kurt of course. He has the ability to be a great QB for this organization for years to come, I’ll stand by my opinion KK is much more of the problem than KM!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Kyler is the most accurate passer the Cardinals have ever had and that includes Kurt Warner. The fly in the ointment is his mental application to use that accuracy properly... but accuracy with arm strength is paramount to being an NFL QB, that is why you have a long leash on giving up on a guy like that

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Kirk was one of my thoughts. "Man, this guy is Kirk Cousins of the new age running QBs." Is what I was thinking too
Cousins though is not the kind of guy which one thinks of ever making a comeback in a game because he really is all stats, meaning you have to give Kyler a lot more credit

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Cousins though is not the kind of guy which one thinks of ever making a comeback in a game because he really is all stats, meaning you have to give Kyler a lot more credit
Kyler has 6 4Q Comebacks and 9 game-winning drives in his first three-plus seasons/50 starts.

Kirk had 7 4Q Comebacks and 11 game-winning drives in his first 56 starts. If you're only looking at Kirk's first three full seasons as a starter, he has MORE 4QC and GWD than Kyler.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Kyler has 6 4Q Comebacks and 9 game-winning drives in his first three-plus seasons/50 starts.

Kirk had 7 4Q Comebacks and 11 game-winning drives in his first 56 starts. If you're only looking at Kirk's first three full seasons as a starter, he has MORE 4QC and GWD than Kyler.
So you would rather have Cousins than Kyler right now, correct

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Don't avoid the question K9. You are one of the most intelligent posters on this forum bar none, but you never offer a definitive answer out of some strange paranoid that you could be wrong. Screw this comic book crap, just say then that they are the same QB but then again, I thought Blaine Gabbert is the same QB. So, unless you give a straight answer and stop playing politician running for some office, I am not aware that exists on this forum, your answer is that Murray, Gabbert and Cousins are the same QB so you see no need to choose one or the other

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose