Who Here Is Happy We Extended Kyler?

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I've been reading on some other threads about Kyler being a "generational" talent or a "transcendent" talent. Unsurprisingly, I fall on the side that thinks this is complete nonsense. He's an athletic freak, sure, but that guarantees nothing, especially at QB. There are plenty of athletic freaks at non-premium positions that flat-out failed, and we're talking QB here. Instead of "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane," we can say "runs like scared Josh Allen, thinks like Gomer Pyle." :D

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I've been reading on some other threads about Kyler being a "generational" talent or a "transcendent" talent. Unsurprisingly, I fall on the side that thinks this is complete nonsense. He's an athletic freak, sure, but that guarantees nothing, especially at QB. There are plenty of athletic freaks at non-premium positions that flat-out failed, and we're talking QB here. Instead of "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane," we can say "runs like scared Josh Allen, thinks like Gomer Pyle." :D
The thing that stops Kyler from being "transcendent" and "generational" is his size. Lamar is a freak. Allen is a freak. Luck was a freak. Elway was a freak. Big, strong and fast. Kyler is fast.

urs

All Star
Reaction score
And arguably one of the worst in the league after the first half of the season. That's too Jekyll and Hyde.
In the final 6 games he completed 65% of passes for 250ypg averaged 46 yards rushing a game and had 9 TD(passing and rushing) to 3 INT. Clearly not great, but also not "one of the worst". The hyperbole that comes out of you guys that wish we still had Rosen is comical. A number of factors led to our slide last year, including Murray's play which was pretty average overall the final 6 games, seemingly pinning it on Murray is just asinine.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This stat is shocking.

Kyler, in his career, when trailing with less than two minutes to go.

43/77 - 55.84%
419 yards
2 TDs
22 total 1st downs
2 INTs
69.1 QB Rating
6 sacks -52 yards
4.79 yards attempt

This one isn't shocking but is interesting as well

Kyler career stats under C
78/139 - 56.12%
959 yards
49 total 1st downs
11 TDs
1 INT
101 QB Rating (his best among gun vs under C)

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I am fine with his extension. What were our alternatives? As long as he is exciting and winning games, he can always be traded for a boat load of picks if we want to ever do that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing that stops Kyler from being "transcendent" and "generational" is his size. Lamar is a freak. Allen is a freak. Luck was a freak. Elway was a freak. Big, strong and fast. Kyler is fast.
Yup. Exact same point I made when someone said Kyler can change “the entire game of football”.

He can’t because his size doesn’t allow him to beat utilize his running ability the way guys like Allen and Jackson do.

And he’s nowhere near the passer of someone like Mahommes.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
What makes Kyler good is his ability to be a dual threat. Unfortunately he doesn't like running.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. Exact same point I made when someone said Kyler can change “the entire game of football”.

He can’t because his size doesn’t allow him to beat utilize his running ability the way guys like Allen and Jackson do.

And he’s nowhere near the passer of someone like Mahommes.
If Kyler plays like he did the first half of the season, he can. I stand by that.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actions speak louder than words. Like sliding, with no one near him, short of the first down and in bounds during what should be a hurry up offense at the end games.
Running and running for tough yards aren't the same thing. I don't think Kyler has any interest running for tough yards.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But he has NEVER done so in an entire season. So you’re standing by something that’s never happened.
I'm standing by my 'could' statement. I never said he WAS a generational talent.

Furthermore, I didn't even discuss why we shouldn't be telling people what they should or should not talk about/post.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actions speak louder than words. Like sliding, with no one near him, short of the first down and in bounds during what should be a hurry up offense at the end games.
Boom

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Running and running for tough yards aren't the same thing. I don't think Kyler has any interest running for tough yards.
Then I have no interest in him as a QB. I don't care if you're Lamar Jackson in ability or a Carson Palmer statue, every QB needs to run for tough yards at one time or another.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then I have no interest in him as a QB. I don't care if you're Lamar Jackson in ability or a Carson Palmer statue, every QB needs to run for tough yards at one time or another.
We've known that for quite some time. ;)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm standing by my 'could' statement. I never said he WAS a generational talent.

Furthermore, I didn't even discuss why we shouldn't be telling people what they should or should not talk about/post.
Good lord. It’s a figure of speech. No one is really advocating that people shouldn’t be allowed to call him transcendent.

It’s just ridiculous to do so.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose