LOL@ wk 4 being a must win game

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not in my worst nightmares could I have imagined us at the cusp of irrelevancy this soon. It's not so much the record, because it was entirely conceivable that we would be either 1-3 or hopefully 2-2 at this point. It's the play, the abhorrent coaching, and the general malaise that hangs over this team like the old Sun Devil Stadium teams. The realization that we're just not good enough. Lose this game, and I believe that it will be full-on panic mode in that building. The eagles are looking like we did early last year, and we're about to be to them what the Bears were to us last season. A speed bump in the road. I'm due to fly out to AZ on Thursday potentially with a plane full of undefeated Philly fans. I don't know if I can handle that.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem with it being a must win, is that this is a team that they should beat. If they can't beat Carolina, (even though they own us) then what chance do they have against the playoff caliber teams they will be playing the rest of the year?

I think the Cards win this one 24-17.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is a must win game.

At least it is on the road - but there is a high chance of rain due to the hurricane, and I really don't like our chances in that kind of a game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem with it being a must win, is that this is a team that they should beat. If they can't beat Carolina, (even though they own us) then what chance do they have against the playoff caliber teams they will be playing the rest of the year?

I think the Cards win this one 24-17.
What in the last ten games from this team leads you to believe we are a team that “should beat” anyone else… much less on the road? Aren’t we something completely pathetic like 2-9 in our last 11 games?

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
It is a must win game.

At least it is on the road - but there is a high chance of rain due to the hurricane, and I really don't like our chances in that kind of a game.
This is where I put in a two tightend offense and run Conner down there throats until they stack the box and then hit them deep with Hollywood.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What in the last ten games from this team leads you to believe we are a team that “should beat” anyone else… much less on the road? Aren’t we something completely pathetic like 2-9 in our last 11 games?
Because we are on the road? The only place in the last 10 games where we have gotten a victory?

The Cards have WON 8 straight regular road games where they are the points underdog.

OP
OP
phillycard

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It is a must win game.

I agree Proximo. We did do okay though in that Bears game. Weather was atrocious that day but we played very well.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Because we are on the road? The only place in the last 10 games where we have gotten a victory?

The Cards have WON 8 straight regular road games where they are the points underdog.
This is the only thing I'm hanging my hopes on lol

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
It is a must win game.

It's not a high chance, it's a guarantee there will be rain. The only question how much rain unless the hurricane make a drastic turn Eastward.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is where I put in a two tightend offense and run Conner down there throats until they stack the box and then hit them deep with Hollywood.
Good game plan. Unfortunately Kliff is the one putting together the game plan and Kyler is the one who has to lead and execute that game plan.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
10 wins out of our last 11 road games I believe… This team plays better on the road period!

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not in my worst nightmares could I have imagined us at the cusp of irrelevancy this soon. It's not so much the record, because it was entirely conceivable that we would be either 1-3 or hopefully 2-2 at this point. It's the play, the abhorrent coaching, and the general malaise that hangs over this team like the old Sun Devil Stadium teams. The realization that we're just not good enough. Lose this game, and I believe that it will be full-on panic mode in that building. The eagles are looking like we did early last year, and we're about to be to them what the Bears were to us last season. A speed bump in the road. I'm due to fly out to AZ on Thursday potentially with a plane full of undefeated Philly fans. I don't know if I can handle that.
@phillycard don’t lose all hope just yet. Let me remind you it is a long season and the schedule is tough. In fact it was the second hardest schedule in football only behind the Rams.

There is still lots of football to be played. Don’t get me wrong, I wish they were performing better as well but if they win Sunday and get to 2-2, they are right in track.

These kind of lulls can and do happen to even good teams. Heck, the rams lost 3 games in a row in Nov., Stafford was a turnover machine and they still righted the ship to win the super bowl.

I’m not saying Cards are super bowl material but count me as one of the few that believe things will change come week 7 with the return of Hop. The stats are in deniable when it comes to how much better he makes this team.

If they can claw their way to 3-3 I’d say playoff hopes are fairly high.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am full board darkside at this point (my avi has remained unchanged for years), but I really don't think this is a "must win game". 1-3 isn't a lot different than 2-2.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10 wins out of our last 11 road games I believe… This team plays better on the road period!
That streak was WITH A TOTALLY DIFFERENT TEAM.

Good lord, you guys are ridiculous. That streak mostly took place with Hopkins, Edmonds, Chandler Jones, Phillips, Alford and even Hicks to an extent ALL making major impact on both offense and defense and we’ve replaced all of those guys with nothing coming close to the impact they made.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Good lord, you guys are ridiculous. That streak mostly took place with Hopkins, Edmonds, Chandler Jones, Phillips, Alford and even Hicks to an extent ALL making major impact on both offense and defense and we’ve replaced all of those guys with nothing coming close to the impact they made.
Lol ok then they are 1-0 on the road this season either way this team plays better on the road!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

And Hopkins really is the only difference maker listed, everyone else made rare limited contributions honestly….

OP
OP
phillycard

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
@phillycard don’t lose all hope just yet. Let me remind you it is a long season and the schedule is tough. In fact it was the second hardest schedule in football only behind the Rams.

There is still lots of football to be played. Don’t get me wrong, I wish they were performing better as well but if they win Sunday and get to 2-2, they are right in track.

These kind of lulls can and do happen to even good teams. Heck, the rams lost 3 games in a row in Nov., Stafford was a turnover machine and they still righted the ship to win the super bowl.

I’m not saying Cards are super bowl material but count me as one of the few that believe things will change come week 7 with the return of Hop. The stats are in deniable when it comes to how much better he makes this team.

If they can claw their way to 3-3 I’d say playoff hopes are fairly high.
JL, I agree. The problem is that at this juncture we really haven't played anything remotely close to a good game yet. Had we been competitive (as at LEAST I expected) I'd chalk it up to the tough schedule, early injuries, etc. But we should by all accounts be 0-3 at this moment and WE not the Raiders would be the ones shrugging our shoulders wondering how we got to this point.

OP
OP
phillycard

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am full board darkside at this point (my avi has remained unchanged for years), but I really don't think this is a "must win game". 1-3 isn't a lot different than 2-2.
It's perception at this point. You're right logistically but we have no business being 1-2. WE should be winless the way we've played.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's perception at this point. You're right logistically but we have no business being 1-2. WE should be winless the way we've played.
This

So many little things went our way to win the Raiders game

Why their coach was throwing passes when all they had to do was run a couple of plays and kick a FG was really strange

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For all the awfulness I'd be pretty please with 2-2. Which is well achievable considering our road record and Kyler's record vs Baker.

I said before the year started I'd rather be poor to average early and good late. We saw how last season went for us and how it went for the Niners (who were 3-5 at one point).

Struggle through these early games and go 3-3. Get Nuk, Rondale, Hamilton, McCoy, Ford etc back. Get Mullen up to speed.

Iron of the issues and the from game 7 onward it's not a stretch to see how things could be a lot better.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
JL, I agree. The problem is that at this juncture we really haven't played anything remotely close to a good game yet. Had we been competitive (as at LEAST I expected) I'd chalk it up to the tough schedule, early injuries, etc. But we should by all accounts be 0-3 at this moment and WE not the Raiders would be the ones shrugging our shoulders wondering how we got to this point.
Yeah I definitely get the frustrations and I am making no excuses for this team. The reality is Kliff is not an elite coach in this league right now and it shows on Sundays.

But I also believe you are what your record says you are. They’ve earned the right to be 1-2 instead of 0-3. And again, for all the dysfunction that has existed this season if you get to 2-2 I think that’s a win.

I’ll also say last season taught me that a 7-0 fast-start meant nothing. Like absolutely nothing.

My hopes for this season is that they begin to play their best football in Dec and sneak into the playoffs even if it’s at a 9-8 record.