The Official US Soccer thread

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Agree, Pulisic needs substantial game minutes, not off the bench minutes.
Yeah I do hope that his time at Chelsea is over. I really don’t like their manager. He is a cry baby and speaks a lot of BS. I’m willing to bet that tuchel’s plan is to use Christian in the UCL group matches and in the EFL match that they will most likely lose to city anyway. Christian may get to start in some of the quick turnaround PL games. It’s as if pulisic has to earn his spot again. there’s a revolving door at Chelsea, for most people, but not all. I still don’t understand why mason mount has been given so many starts yet rarely produces either, only to be subbed out every game.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Well it's looks like Pulisic is staying at Chelsea. According to The Athletic, which I do not have a subscription to, Pulisic is staying put.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Well it's looks like Pulisic is staying at Chelsea. According to The Athletic, which I do not have a subscription to, Pulisic is staying put.
Well football transfer reports are amongst the most unreliable gossip that exists. But, Yeah multiple outlets including espn are reporting that. So maybe it is true, I always felt he was staying. I think tuchel is trying to protect pulisic and his other players from fatigue with the amount of mid week fixtures that they will play starting this week. If tuchel gives pulisic a start in today’s game that is a clear signal that he is staying. Of corse the fact that he was playing him at all was a signal that he wants pulisic.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Well another interesting day for American players. Leeds kind of up and down, they deserved the 3 points, but also got lucky on the razor thin offside on everton’s Disallowed goal. Aaronson set up the goal and had a dangerous shot on goal. Adams had another solid performance.

I was surprised no start again for pulisic. Ziyech got the nod, he has been the one most rumored to leave and apparently, like pulisic, also wants to leave. I didn’t see the match, but I heard pulisic was not affective off of the bench. It sounds like Chelsea are in shambles. This is what happens at Chelsea. It’s great when the wins are there, but once they hit a tough spell there is no patience for team development. Their plastic fans turn on their players and manager. It’s impressive that they’ve been able to reload as many times that they have. They had a plethora of young up and coming players, but suddenly even that seems to be gone. Tuchel will be sacked if he doesn’t pull a rabbit out of his hat.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Pulisic was really bad today.

He can be a bit frenetic even when at his best - today it was heavy touches, sloppy fouls, not making great reads and trying to force with the ball at his feet and quickly losing possession

I'm a Chelsea fan and was really hopeful when he came on

At this point, I hope he gets loaned to a team that I can stomach, that will give him consistent minutes and do so at a position he actually plays

Would love to see a situation mirror his position and standing with the national team

As for the rest of the team - it wasn't good. Havertz was really soft. He had a few areas/balls where you would think one could turn into a goal and he didn't even stress the keeper

Ziyech is a 50 minute player. He had some nice passes and smart runs, but seems to fade the longer he's on.

Overall the team is in an odd place.

Tuchel is a good manager, but I'm not sure he knows what he wants or how he'll piece it together

Lorenzo

Reaction score
All good points. I know the Chelsea fans in England are bashing the players. It’s similar to the way the Man United fans are now. Surely it’s not all of them, but it’s not helping the situation. I do think tuchel is a good manager, but I wonder if he is all business and doesn’t have the motivational ability that maybe Pep and Klopp have. That’s just a thought, because the players look disinterested and the comments coming from Werner and Lukaku(last season) are very telling. My opinion is that Chelsea have lost a lot of important players to the transfer market and injury, and now suddenly they do not have the depth that is needed anywhere on the the pitch. And now none of the players know what they are expected to do because of the way tuchel has managed the roster. Pulisic is not the only one who is suffering with his identity and how it fits on the squad, this is happening with many of their players and some are already gone.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
If the World Cup wasn’t in the fall I think pulisic would be ok to walk on to the national team and have time to prepare. But teams won’t have that luxury because of Qatar.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Well based on comments made by berhalter today, it appears that Dest is moving on loan to AC Milan and John Brooks is moving to Mallorca in Spain. I think Ricardo Pepi is also seeking a loan out. Also appears that pulisic is indeed staying at Chelsea, Berhalter commented that he believes pulisic will regain a spot in Chelsea’s top 11. I don’t think he has inside info, probably just him just lip sticking the Chelsea pig. Should be an interesting build up to November, berhalter is going to have some tough choices to make.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well based on comments made by berhalter today, it appears that Dest is moving on loan to AC Milan and John Brooks is moving to Mallorca in Spain. I think Ricardo Pepi is also seeking a loan out. Also appears that pulisic is indeed staying at Chelsea, Berhalter commented that he believes pulisic will regain a spot in Chelsea’s top 11. I don’t think he has inside info, probably just him just lip sticking the Chelsea pig. Should be an interesting build up to November, berhalter is going to have some tough choices to make.
Really dumb place for Dest to go. He won't get any game time.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Really dumb place for Dest to go. He won't get any game time.
I’m not going to pretend I know much about Italian football. I sense you are on to something though. I think dest, like pulisic has done before, is really seeking glory over reality. It’s ok to go somewhere that you will get consistent playing time. These clubs that buy and hoard players are just looking for depth to fill their cup ventures.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
And tuchel is sacked. Couldn’t see that coming…Joking…we all know Chelsea is going to do what they do. This could help pulisic.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And tuchel is sacked. Couldn’t see that coming…Joking…we all know Chelsea is going to do what they do. This could help pulisic.
This is more worrisome fans of Newcastle/Brighton. The new owners will likely want a big name, but I could see one of those two getting a look.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Looks like Berhalter has the boys humming!

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Had no idea the time of this game and no idea if it was televised and I actually do follow this stuff

The game report isn't encouraging

Neither was the lineup - hoping we aren't going to rely on Long or Vines to be half the back 4

Just looking at the lineup I don't see how they could link much together going forward and obviously problems at the back

Looks like continued experimentation instead of cultivating combinations and player placement to get the most out of players that can actually do something

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Had no idea the time of this game and no idea if it was televised and I actually do follow this stuff

The game report isn't encouraging

Neither was the lineup - hoping we aren't going to rely on Long or Vines to be half the back 4

Just looking at the lineup I don't see how they could link much together going forward and obviously problems at the back

Looks like continued experimentation instead of cultivating combinations and player placement to get the most out of players that can actually do something
Yeah I’m back in Korea and it was on kind of late but the little bit that I caught looked really sloppy for both sides. This World Cup is going to be interesting because of the lack of prep time that these teams will get. Other squads had their share of issues as well this week.

I think chemistry will be important. The good news is the USA players have played together a lot and I think berhalter needs to stop experimenting and just go with the strengths of his squad.

Surely there are some players that were left off of this squad that will be there in November. I hope.…like musah, Robinson, and pefok. Tim ream is the captain at Fulham and is having the best season of his career. for me I don’t understand how he is not in this squad when the center backs on this team are not exactly set in stone. I also still like brooks because of his experience and ability to play out of the back.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Way too many shots on goal for Japan. Sixteen with eight on goal. Four for the US with zero on goal.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I don't know how this team plans on scoring

I'm sure Gregg had some kind of plan for this window and had tactical things he was testing and working out....... I just have no clue what they could have been

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
So 45 minutes in the US-Saudi game and it's 0-0. Pulisic/Pepi/Reyna start up top in that order. Way too many poorly timed runs that ended up as offsides. Sloppy passing in the final third and Pepi again invisible. Reyna subbed out at 30 minute mark. Arriola in for him. Some good combination play between Puisic/Dest and KcKennie.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Second half uninspiring. Ferreria had some moments after he came in for Pepi. Unless something drastic changes it's a 3 and out for this team come November.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose