Arizona State at No. 7 USC​

When: Saturday, 7:30 p.m.

Where: Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum

TV/radio: ESPN/AM 790

Records: Arizona State 1-3, 0-1 in Pac-12; USC 4-0, 2-0

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Draft Kings is showing USC -25.5. Yikes!

Ya, its going to be tough. They are coming off a low-scoring near loss at Oregon State (another solid Pac12 team this year) and will be fired up looking to light up the scoreboard.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This is where one of the differences under Herm showed up. Despite everything else, he would try to establish the run to keep the ball away from the other team. See X's numbers, he was over 100 yards a game. Against Utah, we came out passing, it didn't work and we fill behind. Never did get the running game going.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is where one of the differences under Herm showed up. Despite everything else, he would try to establish the run to keep the ball away from the other team. See X's numbers, he was over 100 yards a game. Against Utah, we came out passing, it didn't work and we fill behind. Never did get the running game going.

I wonder if part of this was the thought process ASU couldn't run against Utah. I'm of the belief the running backs should have had more chances.

They have good running backs. Nine carries is way too low. Ngata only ran it once.

Emory Jones ran it eleven times.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if part of this was the thought process ASU couldn't run against Utah. I'm of the belief the running backs should have had more chances.

They have good running backs. Nine carries is way too low. Ngata only ran it once.

Emory Jones ran it eleven times.

Not sure, they opened up passing against Ok State that had a pretty stout run D, those passes worked, and they were still able to come back to the running game. They have lost an o-lineman since then (Ramos?) but the run game is still a strength and I hope they can get it in gear. Would also like to get more touches for Swinson.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure, they opened up passing against Ok State that had a pretty stout run D, those passes worked, and they were still able to come back to the running game. They have lost an o-lineman since then (Ramos?) but the run game is still a strength and I hope they can get it in gear. Would also like to get more touches for Swinson.

I'm baffled ASU didn't use the running backs more. The threat of the run helps the passing game. Never know when a running back can break one.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ASU secondary will be down two players for personal reasons.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media