Who Here Is Happy We Extended Kyler?

urs

All Star
Reaction score
Several of the great QBs are fantastic under pressure the stats bear that out. It’s been pointed out many times how guys like Mahomes and Rodgers and Brady and Josh Allen perform under pressure. If you want to be great you kinda need to learn to handle it???? He had quite a few clean pockets yesterday it was not complete and constant pressure.
You are confusing great under pressure and great against the blitz. Kyler isn't yet good against the blitz, but most QBs aren't good against pressure without a blitz. It's the blitz that they pick apart.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I get why the front office felt it had to extend Kyler when it did, but he didn’t deserve it. The Cardinals had plenty of insurance with the two years remaining on his contract plus the franchise tag. I would’ve been comfortable with $50mil/season had he figured out the fundamentals of his position.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
We started 7-0 and finished 11-6 last season with essentially the same line. They played well enough for us to win yesterday. Weak sauce to try and blame the line.
Weak sauce??? Them are the facts of some of Kylers poor play BIM whether you agree or not.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I can't find the thread which compared Hollywood to Bateman, and how Bateman (after two games) was having a better year. I just want to update it. And, in order to answer the title of THIS thread, I think I'll wait until I can see Kyler play with D Hop and Hollywood. My point being that it is not a good idea to make decisions too early. Although, someone did say that Bateman was good in college.
That was me. Through two weeks, Bateman had outproduced Brown. This week Brown blew up which is what we all wanted to see. Three more games to see if it is sustainable and then we hopefully get to see a great tandem of Hopkins and Brown.

I do find it interesting the outrage of "I told you so" from people who are deemed more positive fans when others call them out but then are the first to do so the first moment what they said looks potentially to be true. If Brown flops next week are you going to expect to come in here and get an "I told you so" from everyone who was skeptical of the Brown signing? Come on man.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Thanks to a PM I just received, I went into the ESPN site and came away with the following:
Hollywood-219 (receptions); 2612 (yards); 22 (TD's)
Bateman-54/741/3

Although, someone did post that Bateman killed it in college.
Brown - 49 games. Bateman - 15 games.

For someone who preaches patience due to sample size, you may want to take your own advice on this one.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sooner Lou, you are someone I often agree with. But to say that it's a tough call between Hollywood and Bateman, then I guess I'm in an argument I can't win. While, I can't predict the future, all I can do is ask you to compare Bateman's and Hollywood's career stats. I don't know what they are, but, I do feel that Hollywood has had a better career.
Proven product and with our GMs draft record I’m glad we got Hollywood! You know kiem wouldn’t have drafted Bateman anyway he would have screwed up and took some little guy…

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get why the front office felt it had to extend Kyler when it did, but he didn’t deserve it. The Cardinals had plenty of insurance with the two years remaining on his contract plus the franchise tag. I would’ve been comfortable with $50mil/season had he figured out the fundamentals of his position.
Most of us would have, but it’s not realistic! Would have been the same ole cheap cardinals crap and makes it hard to get FAs when players think you won’t even take care of your own. It’s a no win situation and they save a little cash down the road as the cap rises, which you know they like. The stupid move was extending the GM and Coach when it was not necessary at all!

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I can't find the thread which compared Hollywood to Bateman, and how Bateman (after two games) was having a better year. I just want to update it. And, in order to answer the title of THIS thread, I think I'll wait until I can see Kyler play with D Hop and Hollywood. My point being that it is not a good idea to make decisions too early. Although, someone did say that Bateman was good in college.
Thank you for agreeing with my point. We made the decision and signed him too early.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yes, I am ecstatic we did. It will be at a discount cost for a “franchise” QB as the contract matures. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not even in the top 8, maybe 10 highest paid QBs by 2024 season. If I were Kyler though I’d start speaking up regarding things needing to change of his voice isn’t being heard internally.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Kyler is only as good as his line allows him to be. His line sucked balls yesterday with zero protection. its not all on Kyler.
And we watched the QB on the other team do great things in the face of pressure. There's a lot of it directly on Kyler. The excuses are freaking over.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he still is the same player that’s coaching period! Everyone gets better if they are being taught correctly!
False. Better coaching may be helpful but it also requires the student, in sports, business or even life, to put in extra effort to take what they learn and apply it to their craft. It is clear Kyler doesn’t put in that effort so a better coach would likely be wasted on him.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Yes, I am ecstatic we did. It will be at a discount cost for a “franchise” QB as the contract matures. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not even in the top 8, maybe 10 highest paid QBs by 2024 season. If I were Kyler though I’d start speaking up regarding things needing to change of his voice isn’t being heard internally.
You actually think he's trying to drive positive change internally and be that kind of leader? I think he's more than happy to cash his huge new pay checks and rely on his athleticism to bail him out. He has no heart. He proved that this week. None. He is what he is, and that's a run of the mill QB with million-dollar athleticism, poor study habits, and a 1-cent heart.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yea the completely tone deaf I can do no wrong finger pointing Kyler needs to speak up more. We can tell by his on field decision making he’d be full of great ideas I’m sure. Smh

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You actually think he's trying to drive positive change internally and be that kind of leader? I think he's more than happy to cash his huge new pay checks and rely on his athleticism to bail him out. He has no heart. He proved that this week. None. He is what he is, and that's a run of the mill QB with million-dollar athleticism, poor study habits, and a 1-cent heart.
Yup

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Explain how it made sense please? He’s being paid top 3 money…. 3 weeks in so far do you see a top 3 QB? In the last 7 weeks last season including playoffs did you see a top 3 QB?

In 2-3 years his contract won't even be top 10 he's only top 3 because he just recently signed it.

IMO we need to do what Denver did hire someone else to look over Kliff's shoulder, game management decisions, how to run an NFL practice etc. I mean Hollywood was pretty clear the practices here are nothing like they were under Harbaugh and the Ravens.

I can't believe we'd fire Kliff this year after extending him 5 years but based on performance so far we should. If this keeps up they should very strongly consider firing him at the bye week

He made conscious decisions to not play starters during preseason knowing we didn't have D Hop. Starters still somehow got injured so it didn't protect them. ANd now we look like a team that hasn't played together at all.

Denver has an excuse whole knew system and a new QB, and denver fans are already saying fire Hackett, we have the same coach for another year with most of the same players and the offense looks like it was drawn in the dirt by a 10 year old at recess

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In 2-3 years his contract won't even be top 10 he's only top 3 because he just recently signed it.

Well that’s how NFL contracts work… He has NEVER earned to be paid as a top 3 QB. Even as salaries go up doesn’t obsolve the huge over pay. He has never been a top 3 EVER or a top 5. It looks good if he gets better and improves quite a bit. But will he? Right now that’s looking pretty questionable.

You literally had 2 full years of control maybe even 3. It wasn’t necessary.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
These posts and threads are ridiculous. Was Kyler perfect? Absolutely NOT. Was he part of the reason we lost, absolutely.. he’s the QB of the team. He’s not at a point where he can carry a crap team with crap coaching. He’s NOT Aaron Rodgers and he’s NOT Tom Brady. No QB in the league can do what those guys can TODAY.

- Hopkins, Moore and Green out. So 3 out of your top 4 WRs. I like Dortch, but he was 5th on depth chart for a reason. Ertz isn’t anything special anymore. Just for the most part a sure handed possession TE.
- 6 OFFICIAL drops recorded by the team. That’s a lot folks… those don’t include the few others we felt a player should catch or a stopped route a player ran (Isabella).
- Oline actually was better this game than it was the first 2, but still is below average. Pick your favorite top QB and tell me they don’t have a better line (Don’t pick Joey B either - guy hangs on the ball forrrrreveer.. been his schtick since LSU. Big reason for his sacks. Go check any scouting report).
- Playcalling. Absolutely disgusting. How this isn’t under fire openly is disturbing! It’s literally on every message board you can find that talks about the Cardinals. Theres even been articles written about it within the last 24 hours! Multiple! Check out the attachment, virtually same BS route tree I posted 2 years ago with Nuk. Limited routes, no creativity, no movement for your WR1. This isn’t a Kyler doesn’t know thing, this is a Kliffy playcalling problem. If any of you took time to watch the post game presser a reporter FINALLY called out Kliffy on it. It was hilarious, was last question of his presser and Kliffy was so flustered. You can see Kyler starting to want to distance himself from the playcalling and decision making too based on his response to his thoughts of Kliffy calling to go for it in the 4th instead of the FG. He didn’t support it just said we go by what the coach calls.

Again Kyler haters, I AM NOT saying Kyler played well at all. He played mediocre-poor as a starting QB in this league yesterday. He also is playing w the above factors. I don’t think anyone but Rodgers or Brady succeeds w the above factors.

Attachments

• D47A5048-854E-475B-BACF-AC817D351E45.jpeg
    D47A5048-854E-475B-BACF-AC817D351E45.jpeg
    772.7 KB · Views: 4

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Brown - 49 games. Bateman - 15 games.

For someone who preaches patience due to sample size, you may want to take your own advice on this one.
I understand that Hollywood has played about 3X as many games as Bateman. So, I'll 3X Bateman's TD's from three to nine, as opposed to 22 for Hollywood. Your case would be stronger if you compared Bateman to AI, and I could agree with you.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
These posts and threads are ridiculous. Was Kyler perfect? Absolutely NOT. Was he part of the reason we lost, absolutely.. he’s the QB of the team. He’s not at a point where he can carry a crap team with crap coaching. He’s NOT Aaron Rodgers and he’s NOT Tom Brady. No QB in the league can do what those guys can TODAY.

- Hopkins, Moore and Green out. So 3 out of your top 4 WRs. I like Dortch, but he was 5th on depth chart for a reason. Ertz isn’t anything special anymore. Just for the most part a sure handed possession TE.
- 6 OFFICIAL drops recorded by the team. That’s a lot folks… those don’t include the few others we felt a player should catch or a stopped route a player ran (Isabella).
- Oline actually was better this game than it was the first 2, but still is below average. Pick your favorite top QB and tell me they don’t have a better line (Don’t pick Joey B either - guy hangs on the ball forrrrreveer.. been his schtick since LSU. Big reason for his sacks. Go check any scouting report).
- Playcalling. Absolutely disgusting. How this isn’t under fire openly is disturbing! It’s literally on every message board you can find that talks about the Cardinals. Theres even been articles written about it within the last 24 hours! Multiple! Check out the attachment, virtually same BS route tree I posted 2 years ago with Nuk. Limited routes, no creativity, no movement for your WR1. This isn’t a Kyler doesn’t know thing, this is a Kliffy playcalling problem. If any of you took time to watch the post game presser a reporter FINALLY called out Kliffy on it. It was hilarious, was last question of his presser and Kliffy was so flustered. You can see Kyler starting to want to distance himself from the playcalling and decision making too based on his response to his thoughts of Kliffy calling to go for it in the 4th instead of the FG. He didn’t support it just said we go by what the coach calls.

Again Kyler haters, I AM NOT saying Kyler played well at all. He played mediocre-poor as a starting QB in this league yesterday. He also is playing w the above factors. I don’t think anyone but Rodgers or Brady succeeds w the above factors.
So what you're saying is there's no way he will ever be able to live up to his contract until and unless everything around him changes? At what point do we shift from "sure, he wasn't great but LONG LIST OF OTHER REASONS" and start with the "the other reasons don't matter--he simply must be better."

Bottom line, disregarding everything else, KM has to drastically improve as an NFL QB. And grow an effing heart. No excuse for that sissy slide.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what you're saying is there's no way he will ever be able to live up to his contract until and unless everything around him changes? At what point do we shift from "sure, he wasn't great but LONG LIST OF OTHER REASONS" and start with the "the other reasons don't matter--he simply must be better."

Bottom line, disregarding everything else, KM has to drastically improve as an NFL QB. And grow an effing heart. No excuse for that sissy slide.

Or Lackadaisical time management and failure to Rush during two minute drill… The slide was just the ridiculous icing on the top of that **** cake…

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like quite a few others, I am happy with the Kyler extension, not the Kliff/Keim ones.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Stout please get off your podium of twisting everything to crap on Kyler.. answer this question; Outside of Rodgers and Brady - what current NFL QB succeeds with those factors? And don’t say Mahomes we saw how futile he has played when not having a Oline.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA