Rams at Cardinals gameday thread 9-25-22

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I mean we were screaming about all that in my backyard as on this gameday thread. How can professionals be so stupid??? And there’s other answer here folks - that’s plain old fashioned stupidity on display.
It was ridiculous

It was as though we decided 6 minutes out that a score followed by an onside kick was the only option

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I mean we were screaming about all that in my backyard as on this gameday thread. How can professionals be so stupid??? And there’s other answer here folks - that’s plain old fashioned stupidity on display.
I really thought they’d be working on 2-minute offense this off-season. I have no idea what the actual focus was.

We’re not good in two minute
We don’t have any explosive plays
We’re not adapted to win without Hopkins (as predicted, Hollywood is just running Hopkins routes)
We don’t have a 2TE base offense

Like did everyone really get their extension and take the spring and summer off? Really?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really thought they’d be working on 2-minute offense this off-season. I have no idea what the actual focus was.

We’re not adapted to win without Hopkins (as predicted, Hollywood is just running Hopkins routes)

Like did everyone really get their extension and take the spring and summer off? Really?
I mean… we saw what they didn’t do during the off-season, so… yes?

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cardinals

What to know: For the third time in as many games to start this season, the Cardinals found themselves playing from behind in the second half. This time, however, their attempt at a comeback was futile. There are 14 games left, but mounting comebacks every week isn't the recipe for a playoff berth.

Why can't Arizona get off to better starts? It comes down to playcalling. The Cardinals don't get quarterback Kyler Murray's legs moving early in the first quarter, and it stagnates the offense. By the time Arizona gets something going, it is trailing. -- Josh Weinfuss

Next game: at Panthers (Sunday, 4:05 p.m. ET)

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sad display of unpreparedness again

What actually are these coaches and players practicing?

Obviously not the 2 minute drill

How KK could just let the team waste so much time at the end of the game with zero urgency is beyond me

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Kyler eyeing that third contract. Someone tell the ink on second contract is not yet dry
He's never getting a third contract because he doesn't have the heart for the game, to the point where he's going to retire at the end of this contract. He's got his money, he's set for life, so he'll be done ASAP. Mark it, dude.

Stout

Reaction score

But, but the board "expert" posters said our WR room would be sooo fine without Hop because we had "time" to deal with it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He's never getting a third contract because he doesn't have the heart for the game, to the point where he's going to retire at the end of this contract. He's got his money, he's set for life, so he'll be done ASAP. Mark it, dude.
I feel like this is the odds on favorite outcome.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Yes

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Or put the ball in actual good RB hands & we’d have better production.
This is a complaint of mine regarding the RB position and Keim (another complaint). Keim completely middled the RB position. He didn't choose to pay for a dynamic, do it all RB. He didn't choose to a low cost stable of RBs either. He paid 3/4 of the price for a dynamic, do it all RB, but got the production of a low cost stable of RBs.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I think it’s becoming obvious kyler doesn’t want to run.
Kyler doesn't want to get hit, and most of the time it's a smart strategy. Russell Wilson has been brilliant at this in his career. But the problem comes when you refuse to take the hit late in a game when your team needs you to get out of bounds, get that extra couple of yards, etc.

Stout

Reaction score
Kyler doesn't want to get hit, and most of the time it's a smart strategy. Russell Wilson has been brilliant at this in his career. But the problem comes when you refuse to take the hit late in a game when your team needs you to get out of bounds, get that extra couple of yards, etc.
Exactamundo. There are times in a game where you simply have to accept the hit as a QB. Hang in the pocket and hang onto the ball for an extra second to complete the bomb TD and take a hit. Risk taking a hit to get out of bounds to stop the clock. Hell, it was barely even a risk--he had a clean run to the sideline!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose