Who Here Is Happy We Extended Kyler?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoever told you that Kyler's college offense would work in the NFL needs their head examined. It doesn't matter how familiar he is with the system, if the system is college level garbage that's easily countered by NFL defenses.

Many experts even on NFL network back when he was drafted and Kliff brought in said it exactly “it’s the perfect system for Kyler” and things like “it should ease his transition” that’s just a fact.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Many experts even on NFL network back when he was drafted and Kliff brought in said it exactly “it’s the perfect system for Kyler” and things like “it should ease his transition” that’s just a fact.
Yeah, but that's still just guesswork that it will be great at the NFL level.

Kliff has done pretty well for his first NFL gig (being a HC first no doubt), but this year should have been his make it or break it (with no extension). But he needs to be OC only for awhile.

Kyler needs a better chance to succeed. This is on Bidwill to make the tough decisions (and subsequent right ones). I don't think he's capable of that and we as fans are forever doomed with this incompetent franchise.

This still beats having a nothing QB and not a a hope in the world.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I get why they extended Kyler and am fine with it.

I get why they extended Kliff and Keim but I hate they decided to make it 5 years.

It feels like everyone got paid and now we are seeing who they really are. It isn't pretty but I feel like it will go by faster than we think. Kyler probably demands a trade after next season or the season after.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Green is a has been but Ertz and Brown are names. Dortch has been a pleasant surprise. Nothing else though.

So 3 viable targets? And we’re complaining?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get why they extended Kyler and am fine with it.

I get why they extended Kliff and Keim but I hate they decided to make it 5 years.

It feels like everyone got paid and now we are seeing who they really are. It isn't pretty but I feel like it will go by faster than we think. Kyler probably demands a trade after next season or the season after.
The extensions are one thing, but them being 5 years? Holy hell, I know Bidwill is a joke but Jesus how do you award Keim/Kliff FIVE years after the 2020 & 2021 collapses?

Sure, I understand the extensions because on paper, the records have improved, but the length is hilarious. I would’ve been okay with two.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard to imagine KM trying to gut out a game on a gimpy ankle TBH.

Why are people bringing up Josh Rosen? That’s really not the alternative. If Tua turns out to be the real deal Kyler could be sitting on the outside of the Top 10 QBs.

The alternative is being on the Trubisky/Brissett/Darnold merry-go-round for a few years.
I brought up Rosen to point out if Kyler didn’t have the athletic ability to run he’s not much better than Rosen.
It’s the only thing that makes Kyler a LITTLE better than average.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I brought up Rosen to point out if Kyler didn’t have the athletic ability to run he’s not much better than Rosen.
It’s the only thing that makes Kyler a LITTLE better than average.
Nah.

Without the ability to run Kyler is like Daniel Jones or something. It’s inexplicable that we don’t have a defined running game for him.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The extensions are one thing, but them being 5 years? Holy hell, I know Bidwill is a joke but Jesus how do you award Keim/Kliff FIVE years after the 2020 & 2021 collapses?

Sure, I understand the extensions because on paper, the records have improved, but the length is hilarious. I would’ve been okay with two.
I agree.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Green sucks but he has people to throw to. Not great but not all no names.
Yea I cant buy that excuse for Kyler when Lamar is tearing up the NFL without Hollywood Brown.

No one would have a problem with the Cards being 1-2 after three games. However, it would feel better if Kyler was playing top 10 QB ball.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am not super stoked about how he has played for most of this year, but I am still happy he got an extension. This team's problems run way deeper than Kyler. People in this thread are referencing an UDFA 5'7" receiver who is on his fifth team in three years as one of Kyler's legitimate "weapons." I like Dortch and all, but come on.

Kyler undoubtedly needs to be consistently better to live up to his contract though. As do a lot of people in this organization.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Kliff and Kiem extensions are totally inexcusable, those are 2 guys that should have been on the hot seat.

As for Kyler... what did we GAIN by extending him? Ending the slim chance of a hold out?

Was there any chance that by waiting we'd have to pay him MORE... I don't really see it... maybe in guaranteed money.

He has had some stretches of play where he is absolutely incredible, but he also has had stretches where he is very pedestrian, he's shown really poor leadership and if you wanna win you've gotta be able to produce when you're a little dinged up and Kyler hasn't shown that.

It was a dumb extension and the timing was idiotic... either extend him early, before the QB market got reset by some dumb contracts or wait. We extended him at the worst possible time.

Well... only worst when thinking about QBs... a worse timed extension would be giving 5 year deals to a GM and coach that would have no prayer of working in the NFL if we let them go.

Kliff is bad but if he got better at game management... he might be good... might.

Kiem just flat out blows... hitting one some big trades here and there doesn't make up for being the worst drafting GM in the NFL by a wide margin. Zero depth, same holes year after year and a cap nightmare because we have to fill our many holes with overpriced free agents.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose