Who Here Is Happy We Extended Kyler?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the point he was making is that KM is not a good QB and his legs bail him out a lot.

Say you had an injured KM on a gimpy ankle that surprisingly decided to gut it out for a while--kind of like Donovan McNabb against us way back when. How much confidence do you have that he could actually function as a QB in that scenario.

Now, I know what you're answer is going to be. I'll wait to read it in the morning, but I already know.
Thank you. We saw Kyler with a bum ankle and he stunk.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m happy. We played the super bowl
Champs Close. We are missing key players and DHop
Makes a major difference. He is good for atleast 3-4 more first downs on 3rd down. Plus he is a redZone monster. We score today 2 TDs instead of fgs and that game is tied. Damn we were 10-1 last year lol until Injuries hit. Let’s see how the season plays out. 2 undefeated teams in the nfl. Chargers just lost 38-10. Colts who looked awful just beat the Chiefs. We win next week and we are 2-2 and so is everyone else. Go 3-3 before DHop
Comes back and we will Be fine. We have played 2 of our toughest teams already. Chiefs and Rams. Our defense looks better and the offense will start moving. We out gained the Rams. Kyler had 314 yards

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They had as many as two more years in control
Yeah but generally the good QB's get extended before their 5th year, or even 4th year.

Either way, the cap is going way up soon and it will only get more expensive. In 2 years when his extension kicks in, it's not gunna look that bad.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe the point he was making is that KM is not a good QB and his legs bail him out a lot.

Say you had an injured KM on a gimpy ankle that surprisingly decided to gut it out for a while--kind of like Donovan McNabb against us way back when. How much confidence do you have that he could actually function as a QB in that scenario.

Now, I know what you're answer is going to be. I'll wait to read it in the morning, but I already know.
He's already .....already.....proven to be more than proficient in his 3 years in this league to not be even remotely compared to Josh Rosen. Even without his running ability. So that...IMO is a silly take. That was my point. It's not the "truth". It's someones unabashedly biased opinion. Fair enough though. Also.. who cares? He's Kyler Murray. Not Donavon. McNabb was a stud and no one debated that. He might be a little bit of a sissy. Do I love that? Nope. But do I want him without his wheels or Josh Rosen?.....Come on man.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but generally the good QB's get extended before their 5th year, or even 4th year.

Either way, the cap is going way up soon and it will only get more expensive. In 2 years when his extension kicks in, it's not gunna look that bad.

It will when he’s still the same player he is now.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It will when he’s still the same player he is now.
Which is a problem since we extended Keim and Kliff. He is talented and young, he has room to grow.

Kyler is worth another try at a competent GM/Coach. But who's to say Bidwill won't mess that up.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Hard to imagine KM trying to gut out a game on a gimpy ankle TBH.

Why are people bringing up Josh Rosen? That’s really not the alternative. If Tua turns out to be the real deal Kyler could be sitting on the outside of the Top 10 QBs.

The alternative is being on the Trubisky/Brissett/Darnold merry-go-round for a few years.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Hard to imagine KM trying to gut out a game on a gimpy ankle TBH.

Why are people bringing up Josh Rosen? That’s really not the alternative. If Tua turns out to be the real deal Kyler could be sitting on the outside of the Top 10 QBs.

The alternative is being on the Trubisky/Brissett/Darnold merry-go-round for a few years.
Yes - people acting like we actually had a choice.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Isn’t he the OC as HC? What is it you like about his OC skillls?
I think he had his shots called today, but our backs could not hold onto the ball and the likes of Pugh and Garcia made our spooked QB suffering from Ramphobia fidget. Come on, look at our WR group... wait, don't look at them lol

PlayerHater

Veteran
Reaction score
Kyler's future looks very bleak if he is coached by KK for the next 5 years. Kyler is limited as a NFL QB due to his height and lack of mental understanding of the game. He is a very athletic guy with a good arm that really needs to be coached into being a good NFL QB. He also needs to be put into a offense that plays to his strengths and helps him develop and build confidence.

I would say no to the extension of Kyler simply because of who the team has decided to coach him. I'm afraid even if they change the coach in a couple years Kyler will be damaged goods by then.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I see a QB who hangs his head a lot, not exactly what I want out of a leader.
And that can still change.

Larry Fitz wasn't exactly the person we think of him now, he credits K.W. a lot to his growth.

Kyler deserves a fair shot still. But Bidwill has to be the one to see it done.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler's future looks very bleak if he is coached by KK for the next 5 years. Kyler is limited as a NFL QB due to his height and lack of mental understanding of the game. He is a very athletic guy with a good arm that really needs to be coached into being a good NFL QB. He also needs to be put into a offense that plays to his strengths and helps him develop and build confidence.

I would say no to the extension of Kyler simply because of who the team has decided to coach him. I'm afraid even if they change the coach in a couple years Kyler will be damaged goods by then.

Did you really just say “ he needs to be put into an office that plays to his strengths” ????

That’s funny we’ve been told that that’s exactly what this is and pretty identical to the offense he played in college and has even the same Terminology…..

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

You mean a failed college coach can't teach a college kid how to play in the NFL? Who would have thought.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
He’s our OC right now. What in four years makes you believe he’s a good one?
He's a good one who cannot multitask being a head coach, pure and simple. The downfall of Kingsbury is game management, and it affects the whole outcome of his games. If this team hired Marvin freaking Lewis as head coach, I would be happy because Kliff's game management skills erode his train of thought and hence the teams' ability... Kliff cannot multitask

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Did you really just say “ he needs to be put into an office that plays to his strengths” ????

That’s funny we’ve been told that that’s exactly what this is and pretty identical to the offense he played in college and has even the same Terminology…..

Whoever told you that Kyler's college offense would work in the NFL needs their head examined. It doesn't matter how familiar he is with the system, if the system is college level garbage that's easily countered by NFL defenses.

PlayerHater

Veteran
Reaction score

You can't play college football in the NFL and you can't coach college football in the NFL.