WK 3-LA Rams @ Arizona Cardinals Pregame thread. 9/18/22-9/25/22

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Anyone living in the greater Los Angeles area can attest to how little enthusiasm there is for the Rams here. It's like they are a minor league baseball team or something, and I don't think I'm exaggerating.
Least hyped champion in any sport I can recall. I live in Orange County and all but forgot they were super bowl champions.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Impressed you how? What big plays has he made? I'm not being snarky, just trying to remember his impact on the games thus far.

Well in this last game do you recall Raiders were inside the 10 when 20-7 and on 3rd down Carr was brought down and threw the ball away forward on his way down? That was Allen bringing him down and forcing the FG.

Then on the next drive, after we missed the 4th down pass to Ertz we forced a 3 and out and on one of the plays Carr was hit as he threw the ball and it fell forward about 5 yards. We dived on it but they called it a pass. That was Allen too. Both times getting pressure up the middle.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you’re talking about me I was laughing at a list containing a long snapper, a backup QB and journeymen as evidence of his free agency prowess. And I’d do so again for any list with a long snapper and backup QB. Why didn’t you list the punter and kicker?
I'm not talking about you. Someone specifically laughed specifically at Will Hernandez being a good signing to far.

And you can laugh all you want at the others. It doesn't negate the fact they've all contributed in very meaningful ways and way outplayed their contracts while massively upgrading the positions. Those are all holes we've don't have to worry about.

Kameron Canaday cost us 2 games in 2016 and let to a 7-8-1 record. Say what you want about listing a LS, but the fact that we've had consistency there since Keim pulled him off the trash heap 8 years ago and he's still solid is a very good signing.

But go on!

And I didn't list Prater or Lee because they weren't great signings. Lee was a decent signing, but wasn't very cheap and Prater hasn't been good for the money.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Not surprised to see the Cards where they are -- but shocked to see the Rams where they are
You must be registered for see images attach

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not surprised to see the Cards where they are -- but shocked to see the Rams where they are
You must be registered for see images attach

No way we are the 12th best offense. Offense has been garbage through 7 quarters.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

14. Arizona Cardinals (1-1)​

Week 2 ranking: 22
You must be registered for see images

Biggest early adjustment: Get more players involved early on offense

To say the Cardinals' offense has started slowly in each of the first two games this season would be an understatement. To get going quicker, Arizona needs to spread the ball around. Once it gets guys such as Marquise Brown, A.J. Green, James Conner and Zach Ertz going, the offense will start to flow. Kyler Murray called the team's scheme a rhythmic offense, but there are times when the Cardinals need to create their own rhythm, especially early in games. -- Josh Weinfuss

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yep. There was nobody good available in A to replace Jones, that's not a fair criticism.

But Keim definitely should have drafted an Edge rusher to develop.
It’s just wild to me that we wouldn’t take a flier on a guy like Dante Fowler. Crazy talented, but also likely crazy. You have Watt on the DL though, and feel like we could take cheap risks on a guys like this. Fowler had a kick butt year while in LA w Donald.

Dallas signed him for a 1 yr $3mm contract. Played 30% of the snaps for Dallas last week - 1 sack, 1 pass deflections and 1 forced fumble in a win.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jones hardly looked like a challenge for Humphries. It appears like Jones is done, finished, a shell of what he used to be.
Which is what I have been saying for over a year - I don't know how you don't know that as a Cardinal fan, because he did next to nothing last season after the first game. Certainly nowhere near enough to earn half the contract he got.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose