After the game, locker room talk. 9/18/22

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Also gotta say I respect the accountability from VJ by reducing Simmons role and making him earn back playing time.

It would be very easy and convenient to simply keep your first rd pick on the field regardless of the results. I honestly think this kind of humble pie combined with him bouncing back to make the biggest play of the game is maybe the best thing that can happen to him going forward.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
... And Murray juked Jones out of his shoes on the play after he escaped the near-certain sack by Maxx Crosby! (...Where he ended up throwing incomplete, but the Raiders were called for holding on Ertz in the end zone.)

...dave

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What a great win but...

In the interest of keeping it real we were awful through three quarters on offense and through the half on defense.

The game plan and scripted plays have been terrible. Unimaginative, basic trash. Not getting Kyler in rhythm at all and Kyler missing what few opportunities are there.

We only started playing when Kliff stopped playing scared of the pass rush, and when he did that I thought our O line owned them.

Great comeback, but we have to start much better. Through 2 games we have 7 first half points.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
What a great win but...

In the interest of keeping it real we were awful through three quarters on offense and through the half on defense.

The game plan and scripted plays have been terrible. Unimaginative, basic trash. Not getting Kyler in rhythm at all and Kyler missing what few opportunities are there.

We only started playing when Kliff stopped playing scared of the pass rush, and when he did that I thought our O line owned them.

Great comeback, but we have to start much better. Through 2 games we have 7 first half points.
Agreed. An amazing comeback, and KM finally doing the things he needs to do, but that was a mostly trash game. I actually had nothing wrong with KM before the team came to life because KK was hamstringing him. Those 3rd and long designed dumpoffs were painful to watch.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. An amazing comeback, and KM finally doing the things he needs to do, but that was a mostly trash game. I actually had nothing wrong with KM before the team came to life because KK was hamstringing him. Those 3rd and long designed dumpoffs were painful to watch.

There was plenty he did wrong. The usual not reading what's there and adjusting his reads.

I sometimes think we could stand a WR out wide completely uncovered and Kyler would still make a one read 4 yard pass to Ertz because that's what the play design says to do.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On the plus side we will have one good episode of Hard Knocks between getting hammered by the Chiefs and Rams

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
There was plenty he did wrong. The usual not reading what's there and adjusting his reads.

I sometimes think we could stand a WR out wide completely uncovered and Kyler would still make a one read 4 yard pass to Ertz because that's what the play design says to do.
Actually, I saw it as him running the play as called and KK just calling sucky plays. KK finally stopped calling sucky plays, and voila!

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My wife said she hates to put a downer on me after the win but she's doing laundry and the sewer backed up.. Sweet, back to reality.

That gives me flashbacks to my last sewer backup experience. I learned an important lesson though. Find the pvc sewer cleanout cap outside. Take the cap off, give it half a screw back on, then walk away. Probably illegal. But you're not going to smell anything. And the next time there's a backup, much better to apologize to your neighbor for the stench in the yard than learn that the people that installed a toilet didn't seal it at the base, while the poo liquid floods your house. As the poor lady in the townhouse nextdoor learned when her brand new wood floors got flooded. She was devasted, had to move out for months to get that place cleaned out. I was on a shared line with her, but got none of the backup because her unsealed toilet was the lowest drainage point. The poo liquid always finds the lowest escape route. Make that the outside cap.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose