WK 3-LA Rams @ Arizona Cardinals Pregame thread. 9/18/22-9/25/22

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not at all scared of LA after their first two efforts this year. Cards *should* be fired up after today’s win and play well, but I have no idea with this bunch. It would be nice if we look as though we practiced as well as game planned prior to kickoff.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t see anyway how we stop Kupp w this defense. I’d expect 10-120+ w 2 TDs and 5 first downs.

We’ve played 1 good quarter thus far. Make us a believers again AZ!
Well I would of agreed with you, but somehow they just stopped adams and that doesn’t happen either.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
There was talk of a players only meeting at halftime today. I sure hope that was the case and that the season was turned around. This looked like a different team in the second half. That being said, the Rams defense is pretty tough. Dortch has been the most consistent player on the team so far. Love that dude and hope he keeps it up

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I view Kupp much shiftier in the under 10 yard routes, VJs scheme gives a lot of cushion so I feel that Kupp is much more challenging than Adams would be for this defense.

Adams is one of the best routes runners in the league. If not the best.

The difference will be that Kupp has a QB that can use him.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Simmons, who knew all week his role would be drastically reduced while he improved on his practice habits"

He had better be putting in the work

I find it strange that these players need motivation to improve

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Pretty sure Conner will be out.

I really wish we would start Williams, or even Benjamin, and bring Conner off the bench like last year. I just don't think Conner is a bell cow type back. I think he's at his best when he gets maybe 8 - 10 touches a game.

Last year he would come in the game to spell Chase and would be all super charged and nasty. A battering ram fighting like a demon for every inch. I don't think he can sustain that as a starter. Just my opinion though.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really wish we would start Williams, or even Benjamin, and bring Conner off the bench like last year. I just don't think Conner is a bell cow type back. I think he's at his best when he gets maybe 8 - 10 touches a game.

Last year he would come in the game to spell Chase and would be all super charged and nasty. A battering ram fighting like a demon for every inch. I don't think he can sustain that as a starter. Just my opinion though.
Good point. A fresh Connor in the 4th quarter would be beneficial.
Williams is a smart runner. He knows how to utilize his blockers.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We gave him way to big a contract for that role.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t see anyway how we stop Kupp w this defense. I’d expect 10-120+ w 2 TDs and 5 first downs.

We’ve played 1 good quarter thus far. Make us a believers again AZ!
Nevermind, two people already said it.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

I like the "ride the hot hand" system. Alternate your top two backs early on and if one is more productive, give him most of the reps. Certain backs will match up better with certain teams.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose