Cardinals at Raiders gameday thread 9-18-22

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
On the final play, I couldn't help but flash back to this play in 1989. I was at this game as a rabid 49er fan. Didn't realize what had happened during the game - it wasn't until listening to the postgame call-in show and hearing the Saints fans going absolutely mental over getting screwed out of a W. Jerry Rice clearly drops the ball before scoring what would be the decisive touchdown...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
if Hollywood's knee isn't down and that TD counted I'd be ahead in my fantasy game so I'm going to lose but I'll take the Cards win.

I need 12 points from Buffalo's kicker and a shutout of Goedert, both seem unlikely
Ouch.. I have Brown and Bass on my team also but Chubb and Waddle carried me this week.

I took a L one year in the championship game because of Beanie Wells. I was ahead by 1 point and the other team was done. Only player left was Wells.. this was the infamous I am auditioning for 31 other teams. He fumbled and was taken out of the game. I still dislike him until this day. I would have won by 1 point but only kept him in cause I was scared of a correction that could have cause me to lose. I won a game because of a correction earlier in the year and was scared.

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
What a bizarre game. Not least of all because of the heroes at the end.

AJ Green had about 50 drops today. So on our very last gasp, on our very last chance play, we go back to him (???), and in heavy traffic he comes up with the super clutch grab. Crazy enough by itself.

But then the defense, humiliated through six quarters, completes the comeback win, with the FF coming from Simmons, who was cover-your-eyes-bad in week one, and benched in favor of a file cabinet through 67 minutes of week two. Double heroic redemption? Cards have it on tap baby.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
What a bizarre game. Not least of all because of the heroes at the end.

AJ Green had about 50 drops. So on our very last gasp, on our very last chance play, we go back to him (???), and in heavy traffic he comes up with the super clutch grab. Crazy enough by itself.

But then the defense, humiliated through six quarters, completes the comeback, with the FF coming from Simmons, who was cover-your-eyes-bad in week one, and was benched in favor of a file cabinet through 67 minutes of week two. Double heroic redemption? Cards have it on tap baby.
Agree! I kept screaming on the last series throw it to Dortch. He seems like the most sure handed WR on this roster right now. Why Kyler keep going to AG in key moments at this point is maddening to me. Oh well AG made the catch we had to have

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose