Cards Sign Max Garcia...

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Now unless I'm mistaken, since he was signed off of another team's practice squad he must stay on the active roster now so the question remains, who goes to the practice squad, goes to IR or get cut?

(edit) never mind another thread said Ford is going to IR. Question answered.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
...off the Giants practice squad. We are shambolic.

Why are we shambolic?

What exactly is shambolic about trading for Cody Ford, Ford getting injured, then signing a guy who was here 3 years that knows our scheme?

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Why are we shambolic?

What exactly is shambolic about trading for Cody Ford, Ford getting injured, then signing a guy who was here 3 years that knows our scheme?
Yeah all things considered I like the move. I can live with Garcia at guard in a pinch, just not center.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Yea just start of the injuries and sloppiness after starters skipped entire preseason. Take the bubble wrap off and expose the soft targets. It only takes 3 licks to get too the tootsie roll center of a tootsie roll pop. Said mr owl.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Its just week one, and our injury report looks like it could be from week 10. I shudder to think what the injury report looks like in 10 weeks. But hey, I’m a die-hard from all the way back to about 1973 and be cheering on the boys of #birdcity as loud as anyone!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Why are we shambolic?

While I'm not a fan of Garcia playing more than a small stretch, it's ridiculous to pan the move of bringing back a guy who knows your offense and has had stretches of decent play.

Max Garcia is your typical NFL backup lineman. Play him for a game or two and he's fine, but play him longer and teams start attacking him.

THESMEL

Reaction score
Thank you max, you have always gave your best to the cards, everybody wants more, but you are available and nasty in the trenches.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Good move for a 1 or 2 week fill in guard which has value. Teams will eventually learn his tendencies or might key on him after those 2-3 weeks though.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Why are we shambolic?

I'm not panning the move; under the circumstances, it's about the best we could expect. We're shambolic in that we haven't played a down of football and we're down to re-signing a guy we didn't want back that couldn't stick on another team. We are shambolic heading into week 1.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not panning the move; under the circumstances, it's about the best we could expect. We're shambolic in that we haven't played a down of football and we're down to re-signing a guy we didn't want back that couldn't stick on another team. We are shambolic heading into week 1.

Nobody can help injuries.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Ain't a team in the league can operate that way. Dreamland.
You live in fantasyland. Watt, Pugh, Hudson, Ertz, Watt, Moore, Green, etc, etc. Keim has made very specific and very risky choices. They aren't panning out. Other GMs have done much better roster building. But, hey, Keim can do absolutely no wrong for you. We get it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You live in fantasyland. Watt, Pugh, Hudson, Ertz, Watt, Moore, Green, etc, etc. Keim has made very specific and very risky choices. They aren't panning out. Other GMs have done much better roster building. But, hey, Keim can do absolutely no wrong for you. We get it.

LOL only like guys there missed any real time is Watt.

Moore missed 4 games total including today. Hudson missed 3, Green missed 1. Ertz hasn't missed a game. Pugh played most of 3 straight seasons.

Weird examples.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
LOL only like guys there missed any real time is Watt.

Moore missed 4 games total including today. Hudson missed 3, Green missed 1. Ertz hasn't missed a game. Pugh played most of 3 straight seasons.

Weird examples.
I'm done trying to reason with you. You're a company man through and through that doesn't even get paid by the company. At least I have varying takes sometimes.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm done trying to reason with you. You're a company man through and through that doesn't even get paid by the company. At least I have varying takes sometimes.

LOL just fighting the negative BS.

Like when guys name all these broken down signings who barely missed time.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yea just start of the injuries and sloppiness after starters skipped entire preseason. Take the bubble wrap off and expose the soft targets. It only takes 3 licks to get too the tootsie roll center of a tootsie roll pop. Said mr owl.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Maybe just three licks for your tootsie pop Smelly...lmao

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I was bummed for the step back.

Hudson aint the best run blocker but with Ford and Hernandez on either side of him we would have been dangerous up the middle

THESMEL

Reaction score
Why didn’t the click stop after Connor run? Or brown catch

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose