What do you need to see from Coach KK this season

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
What will make you feel content with him as our head coach for the future?

I would want him to quit gambling on low percentage plays in crucial situations. It goes along with thinking you are smarter than anyone else and can buck the odds. Just play it straight and let our players decide the game.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Less penalties. If the preseason was any indication, we could be improved...
Yea the penalties were far far less in the PS…. However it was all the young guys trying to impress. The vets may come back to the field and watch the penalties start flying… lol

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
After watching 9 years of the same ol same ol Kliff I don’t think he’s changing his stripes.

Poor clock management
Burning unnecessary TOs
Struggles in red zone offense
Too many WR screens
Limited route tree & concepts
9 years of second half collapses & team loses

Prove me wrong Kliff! I still consider him the fourth best HC in the NFC West!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After watching 9 years of the same ol same ol Kliff I don’t think he’s changing his stripes.

Poor clock management
Burning unnecessary TOs
Too many WR screens

Pretty sure we were one of the best teams in the red zone a couple years ago... (3rd maybe)

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Poor clock management
Burning unnecessary TOs
Too many WR screens

Specifically this for me..

Too many WR screens

To me, this is why we are so easy to cover on the second half of the season. He needs to quit the college crap. Pros are more than conditioned enough to keep pace with your fast paced offense that you need more creativity - a pro style offense. I am still amazed at the route trees for our star WR vs literally every other star WR in the league. Show us some movement !

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m growing tired of the throwing 30 yard passes on 3rd & 2. Saw too much of that crap with BA (no risk it, no biscuit), and then KK was doing the same thing late last year. That needs to stop. With OL the size of Hernandez & Ford, we need to pound the damn rock with our bigger backs. We now have Conners, Williams & Ingram To make those tough yards. IMO, Ingram is a beast in those situations, even better than Conners on moving the pile.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are things I would like to see the team do but I put a lot of that on the QB vs HC.
You can most certainly blame the HC for not moving his WRs around. I don’t buy that being a QB reason at all.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I would like him to stick with running the ball. It seems he always starts the season off with a strong running attack which garners his offense success but then with success he thinks it has given him a buffer to start throwing like a madman. This is the crazy thing about Kliff, the man knows how to put together a strong rushing attack but wants the crown of a passing genius which people constantly anoint him... refrain Kliffy, keep doing what works

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well poo - starting chase last year was stupid - Connor made the pro bowl as the back up - that was stupid and on KK - you want rpo and play action to be most efficient - make opponents play the run early and often. RB coach Saxon is out, Rgc is not a strong voice - I mean just look at us!

Blame the online all you want, but opponents knew we were going to pass and pinned their ears back from start to finish, even as we lead and won 9 games to open.
that’s on KK and I understand he is a very good coach and won 9 games his way in the NFL - but pooped the bed late season and in the playoffs - I feel this is why.

we did run more, but seemed never early - I want to be pass heavy, don’t want to run every down, appreciate the success we had with empty backfields and even low percentage cute plays. Bur Connor and Williams are real running backs, that can set a tone and scare a defense. Play calling has to give them a chance to execute a whole game strategy - beat ‘em up early, Knock em down late.

if we don’t get at least 4-5 Carrie’s per quarter, passing, defense, special teams suffer. It fundamentally sound football and is on the play caller. KK

Km ran the crap out of it in preseason, calling plays, until 4 minute drill and was behind.

Last edited:

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Competence down the stretch and (hopefully) into the postseason would be a really nice change from his norm.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose