NFL+ Premium

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are we sure games can't be watched on a regular tv? Mine just autorenewed for $79.99. I've been watching it regularly on tv thru Roku just to watch the Cardinals interviews in the Teams section, where all your favorite team videos appear.

I hadn't tried in a long time to watch an old prerecorded game. Just tried and I get "error code 403: forbidden". I don't know if that's because I'm trying to watch on tv or if my app is outdated. I'm going to try reinstalling the app. I logged in on my pc and had no problems watching old games. But everything looks totally different. There is no longer a Teams section. So yeah, I think I need to reinstall my NFL app on Roku.

I did notice if you click Subscribe, it says:

"Live local and primetime Regular Season & Postseason games on your phone or tablet"

and

"Full game replays across devices (ad-free)"

So it sounds like its only the live games that are restricted to phone or tablet.

You can't watch any games on anything but computers and phones.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it’s worth I just got the ticket for 6 payments of $16.50. I just called and said I needed their best deal from their loyalty program.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes if you have a set up like it's 2010 then that should work. Most people have smart TVs or fire sticks
I still do that when I torrent stuff, but yeah. It is old school for sure.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For the record, I'm able to watch the Hall of Fame game recording on tv through Roku. I think it's only the live games with the mobile device only restriction.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
OK, guys I'm a doofus. Somebody is going to have to explain to me, how this works. I had to first download and sign in to the NFL APP before before signing into the nfl+. Is that right? It took me about an hour and a half sitting here at the airport to get signed into nfl (l had forgotten my email address and password, it had been so long). I think it took my credit card, but I can't get the game or anything else from nfl+. What do I need to do? Any help will be appreciated.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
OK. I've tried for two days to watch a game--any game. No luck. It kept giving me the run around. I've been trying for the last 2-3 hours to cancel the nfl+ subscription. Don"t know if I've succeeded or not. Any one else successful at it?

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
OK. I've tried for two days to watch a game--any game. No luck. It kept giving me the run around. I've been trying for the last 2-3 hours to cancel the nfl+ subscription. Don"t know if I've succeeded or not. Any one else successful at it?

Are you using a phone, computer, tv?

What is the problem you're having? Did you find the section that says "Games"?

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was using an an android phone and, later, an iPad. I think I got signed in OK because when I went to my account, I had the option to sign out (this was in the nfl app). I went to the home page and pressed games, then scores. The list of games would show up, saying watch live. Press on one of those games (didn't matter which one), it would send me back to sign up again and pick the 4.99 one or the 9. 99 one. It was just one big loop, over and over again. I had already given them my credit card info early on.

Last night I tried to cancel. Not sure if I did or not. (I never received a response letting me know). I guess I will find out later this week if they charge my credit card or not.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was using an an android phone and, later, an iPad. I think I got signed in OK because when I went to my account, I had the option to sign out (this was in the nfl app). I went to the home page and pressed games, then scores. The list of games would show up, saying watch live. Press on one of those games (didn't matter which one), it would send me back to sign up again and pick the 4.99 one or the 9. 99 one. It was just one big loop, over and over again. I had already given them my credit card info early on.

Last night I tried to cancel. Not sure if I did or not. (I never received a response letting me know). I guess I will find out later this week if they charge my credit card or not.

I haven't tried it on my phone yet. For the TV app, its been really easy and straightforward.

I noticed when I login on my desktop computer, they make it real confusing to try and navigate to the games.

Reactions: PJ1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Nfl app sucks.

Its stuck on the screen telling me i have to activate location services to watch games...

While my phone says the nfl app was the most recent app to access location services.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Finally, success, at least partially. I got signed in yesterday on my android phone and watched most of the three games showing last night.

i also got signed in (finally) on the iPad. So, I think I have two subscriptions going now. The problem is, I could not watch any of the games on the iPad, which is the choice I prefer to watch the games on because of the larger screen size. There were a couple of messages, one of which talked about using my cellular data. So, tonight I will try using the Verizon hotspot on my phone to see if that will let me watch the games.

i still am not sure about my understanding of watching the Cardinal games on the app (because of blackouts and things such as that. I live in Flagstaff which is a Phoenix market I think).

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
OK. An update. But, first, curious if anyone else watched any games on NFL+?

I have successfully (finally) downloaded and signed
in to the NFL+ app on my phone. I've watched several of the preseason games this week. The only game that I could not watch was the Cardinals game. I could only "listen" to it. I don't know why it would not let me watch it?

I also signed in to the NFL+ on my iPad. So, I had two charges pending, phone and iPad. Since iPad would not play any of the games (I think I did see one early on-would get a message to use the cellular data), I was able to unsubscribe the app on the iPad and not get charged for it after the 7 day trial period.

This morning I tried installing the app again on the iPad. For whatever reason, I was successful. Where before, it wanted to charge me, this morning it did not. I was able to sign in using the same account on my phone. Last week, it made me give them my credit card to trial it. Maybe it let me do it this morning because I had been charged for the account on my phone? It was all the same account.

Any way after some playing around with it and pushing buttons, etc (can't remember which), I was able to watch the Lions/Steelers game on my iPad. So, maybe it is fixed correctly now?

Problem is, it will now be two weeks before I can check it out again:rolleyes:.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I haven't tried my computer. I was thinking that you could only use a phone or tablet? I will do some checking on that because that would be even better (bigger screen). But, I don't want too much of a delay, if there is one.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I haven't tried my computer. I was thinking that you could only use a phone or tablet? I will do some checking on that because that would be even better (bigger screen). But, I don't want too much of a delay, if there is one.
No delay. I watched real time.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You just downloaded the app to the computer and watched it? Will it let you watch it on the computer during the regular season? Everything I read seems to indicate only phone or tablet.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I did find this on Google. Someone asked about watching it on the computer, I quoted part of the answer from the NFL, I think.

"In order to access your NFL+ subscription on your computer, simply go to NFL.com and login to your NFL.com account there.

You will be able to access NFL+ content, with the exception of live Regular Season & Postseason games, which are only available to watch on your phone or tablet."

The bolded part is my bold.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ok, I’m back asking questions on using the NFL+ app on my iPad. I just realized that there is a game playing in London now (2nd half). I can not watch the game on my iPad. The message when I try to watch the app says I need to sign in to my tv provider to watch the game. The problem is, I do not have a tv provider. But, I am watching the game on my phone via the nfl+ app. So, I don’t understand why I can’t watch it on the iPad. I can watch certain games on my iPad without a TV provider using the nfl+ app.

Any ideas why in some games I get the message to sign in to my tv provider on my iPad and on other games, I don’t?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose