Bally’s Sports+

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bally is launching a standalone streaming service. It’s going to cost. Bally Sports Arizona will set you back $19.99 per month or $189.99 per year for Suns and Coyotes.

What a joke. The quality of their broadcasts is low rent as is. I am hoping it tanks to be honest so the Suns can shop their rights elsewhere.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is awful. Used to be carried on YouTube TV and 20 bucks would be almost half the cost of the service.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is awful. Used to be carried on YouTube TV and 20 bucks would be almost half the cost of the service.
The whole reason it got taken off YoutubeTV is because they weren't paying them enough in their opinion.

Doesn't really matter who is carrying these games - if they are paying hundreds of millions of dollars for TV rights these are the kind of prices you can expect to pay.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
$16 per month is not bad when you factor in you'll probably get 2-3 streams so you'll be able to split the cost with your buddies that are in the same region. Then we're talking $5-$8. It's a good deal if you only want the regional channel. I split DirecTV Stream with 2 buddies and we still pay $30/m for the $90/m service to get Suns games. But with that we get all of the necessary sports channels for college football and national NBA games.

So if all you want to watch via linear TV is Suns, Coyotes, and Dbacks, it's a money saver.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I mentioned on another thread, some zip codes in Arizona were not listed in the service area.

Whether that is a mistake or not, I don't know. The market area thing drives me crazy.

This is the FAQ link.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was the link posted by @Finito.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What if you have Cox?
As I understand it that any deals Bally's already has with providers stands (for now). However, if your "service" doesn't provide Bally's you will have to pay for this service.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I understand it that any deals Bally's already has with providers stands (for now). However, if your "service" doesn't provide Bally's you will have to pay for this service.

The kicker is, I'd like the option of dropping DirecTV.

Paying $20 per month for Ballys Sports Plus is not that outlandish considering what I pay for my current television service.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The kicker is, I'd like the option of dropping DirecTV.

Paying $20 per month for Ballys Sports Plus is not that outlandish considering what I pay for my current television service.
Different but similar situation. With the landscape of Streaming TV I have more subscriptions than I would like. To add another $20 per month is just too much. Not going to do it. If this was $9.99 I would at least consider. I just don't want to add anything else to my monthly TV bill.

Also, I read this is a last ditch effort for Bally. Financially they took a major hit when everyone dropped them after demanding hefty fee for carrying them. That's likely why the price is so high. They want to mimic NFL Sunday ticket profits which is rumored what they need to survive holding the rights.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Different but similar situation. With the landscape of Streaming TV I have more subscriptions than I would like. To add another $20 per month is just too much. Not going to do it. If this was $9.99 I would at least consider. I just don't want to add anything else to my monthly TV bill.

Also, I read this is a last ditch effort for Bally. Financially they took a major hit when everyone dropped them after demanding hefty fee for carrying them. That's likely why the price is so high. They want to mimic NFL Sunday ticket profits which is rumored what they need to survive holding the rights.

For me, it would be cheaper. We don't watch many channels on DirecTV and my wife watches local television a lot.

I could live with a $189 a year for Bally Sports Plus and a small television package to go with it.

The trouble is, I may not fall in the right zip code.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me, it would be cheaper. We don't watch many channels on DirecTV and my wife watches local television a lot.

I could live with a $189 a year for Bally Sports Plus and a small television package to go with it.
Ah makes sense. We are the opposite. We don't watch ANY local TV at all except sports. She watches stuff all over the place so we have several streaming services. So for us? Bally's feels like a total ripoff. I had DirecTV from year one until about 3 or 4 years ago so I had a massive package with them. In fact, that cost is what drove me to streaming. Now with all the streaming services the cost of that is moving closer to closer to DirecTV prices for us.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah makes sense. We are the opposite. We don't watch ANY local TV at all except sports. She watches stuff all over the place so we have several streaming services. So for us? Bally's feels like a total ripoff. I had DirecTV from year one until about 3 or 4 years ago so I had a massive package with them. In fact, that cost is what drove me to streaming. Now with all the streaming services the cost of that is moving closer to closer to DirecTV prices for us.

I suspect, with the cost of ISP plus streaming television packages, it will soon cost about the same as DirecTV.

In the end, I think streaming will not be any cheaper.

They tell me satellite service is going away, but I get flooded with substantial rebate offers from Dish TV and Hughes Net.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect, with the cost of ISP plus streaming television packages, it will soon cost about the same as DirecTV.

In the end, I think streaming will not be any cheaper.

They tell me satellite service is going away, but I get flooded with substantial rebate offers from Dish TV and Hughes Net.
Totally agree. Originally it was marketed as being cheaper but all together it's no longer the case. The only way to drive cost down would be true a la carte programming but that isn't happening now with all of the services "containing" all of their content under their own service.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally agree. Originally it was marketed as being cheaper but all together it's no longer the case. The only way to drive cost down would be true a la carte programming but that isn't happening now with all of the services "containing" all of their content under their own service.

I'm with you, carte programming would be nice. I have a ton of channels I never watch.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I’m a sucker that still pays over $200/month for cable. The streaming stuff is too confusing. Red zone on Sunday’s is worth it.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m a sucker that still pays over $200/month for cable. The streaming stuff is too confusing. Red zone on Sunday’s is worth it.
I used to feel that way. It's not really confusing any longer. Just buy a streaming box then subscribe to a streaming service with live TV. Then you have much like cable the option to add on other services (i.e. HBO Max etc.) on the main menu. It's really easy now.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A good streaming service I found to replace cable is Philo. There's like 60 channels on there, a lot are cable channels like MTV, VH1, A&E, Bravo, etc. It's $25 a month, which is a lot better than the Dish package I had. I even got my mom to ditch cable for Philo because it has about 90% of the stuff she'd watch. It has DVR like services included also, which is nice. It's also just $25 a month without all the added fees and charges cable adds. I had a 72.99 plan but was paying $90+ because of all the BS charges and taxes on top of it.

Anyways I'll be looking to split this service with someone. $19.99 a month isn't ideal but not that bad either. I wouldn't pay year round for it, just during basketball season so the annual package doesn't make sense since I wouldn't need it 4-5 months out of the year.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's really not confusing at all, it's just different, and actually more convient since you get to watch what you want when you want. Does suck you have to subscribe to multiple ones though, and whats really nice is no commercials. I almost go into a rage fit when I am forced to watch them now.

RedZone is nice - but you can just subscribe to something like youtube.tv during football season and still get it, then cancel.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
it's not an available app on my smart tv, if it becomes available I would think about getting it for Suns games.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's not an available app on my smart tv, if it becomes available I would think about getting it for Suns games.

It won't be available until the end of September, the 26th. Here's what it says for devices...

At launch, you will have the option to watch Bally Sports+ content on web, mobile and tablet (iOS, Android), tvOS, Android TV and Amazon Fire TV. We are working to add additional platforms soon and will notify fans as more become available.

I have a Fire TV and a few Fire sticks around my house so I'll be good but I was hoping it would be available on X-Box at launch.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose