Cards 2022 Training Camp July 26th

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's a sad state of affairs in the NFL, but the league is set up to where you need to draft instant impact players with high draft picks. I don't like it, and fought the trend for years, but it is what it is. You don't get a chance to slowly develop a 2nd round pick any longer. If they don't hit right away, it's a setback.

Look at what the DJ pick did to us for a few years. His lack of preparedness was a huge setback, having a 1st-round pick languishing on the bench, or in street clothes. He eventually came through for us, but not having that impact player was rough. We're seeing it with our ILB picks as well, as much as I still lobby for Simmons. It is what it is.

We need 2nd rounders to come in and help the team now, not in a few years.
In a few years? I'm happy we we weren't accused of saying that he was better than George Kittle. So there's that.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to know the concept of that drill. My guess is they are working on both offensive and defensive run fits which is why the stall out is ok. If that is any sort of rush drill (and I do not think it is)...yikes.
Yea it didn’t look like he was trying in anyway to shed the block…. Otherwise yikes…

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose