2022 7th round pick C is Marquis Hayes G

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like the drafting of both OGs Smith and Hayes. IMO both will make the team. Really surprised that Hayes was there in the 7th round.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well, let's hope he can develop. I'm not at all down on the pick, and am glad we took a few developmental prospects at IOL.
I like taking a few OL later in the draft if the players aren't going to start right away anyway. Guard is a position that teams routinely fill on day three, tackle not so much.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Do not get why he was there in the 7th.

35" arms, good feet, great anchor, great puller. Total mauler.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Really like this pick.

You draft guys late who have traits usually...but it's rare that you get a guy with traits who also has played a butt load of games at a big school.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At least we have Pugh's replacement for next year.

What I like about Hayes is that he's good at both pass pro and run blocking. Good in space too. Pugh is really just a pass pro guy.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
At least we have Pugh's replacement for next year.

What I like about Hayes is that he's good at both pass pro and run blocking. Good in space too. Pugh is really just a pass pro guy.
See, you *are* already projecting the kid into a starter after one--count 'em one--preseason game.

I like what I did. I like that someone we drafted at all, let alone in the 7th round, showed out last weekend. I like that we have a young lineman with raw potential. If SK is already thinking like you are here, I wouldn't be surprised, but I would very much not like it lol

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
See, you *are* already projecting the kid into a starter after one--count 'em one--preseason game.

I like what I did. I like that someone we drafted at all, let alone in the 7th round, showed out last weekend. I like that we have a young lineman with raw potential. If SK is already thinking like you are here, I wouldn't be surprised, but I would very much not like it lol

I liked him pre draft. The one game just confirmed what I already thought.

Is he going to forget how to do the things he did in game 1? No. So I'm confident in saying that from what I saw in college and what I saw in Game 1 that after a year of NFL training and coaching we have our LG for next year. I don't think that's a stretch at all.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I liked him pre draft. The one game just confirmed what I already thought.

Is he going to forget how to do the things he did in game 1? No. So I'm confident in saying that from what I saw in college and what I saw in Game 1 that after a year of NFL training and coaching we have our LG for next year. I don't think that's a stretch at all.
I think that's the very definition of a stretch. But, hey, we all have our pet players. I thought Skelton was going to be our QBOF, for crying out loud!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
sure seems like the Cards are grooming both Hayes and Smith to step in at G and C next year

did Smith see reps at C last week?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave