NFL plans Black Friday game in 2023

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

NFL plans Black Friday game in 2023​

Thanksgiving has long been one of the biggest days on the NFL calendar, but soon the day after Thanksgiving will get in on the action as well.

The NFL is planning to play a Black Friday game in 2023, John Ourand of Sports Business Journal reports. It would presumably become part of the regular NFL schedule after that.

Amazon Prime Video will stream the game. Amazon already has the Thursday Night Football package, but that package does not include any of the three Thanksgiving games, which are televised by Fox, CBS, and NBC. Amazon is expected to pay something approaching $100 million for the rights to stream that single game on a Friday.

The game will likely be played during the afternoon, as the league can’t televise prime time games on Friday nights in November as part of its antitrust exemption.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Black Friday has become a day off with nothing to do. There isn't a better day on the calendar to add football to at this point.
Except for the traditional ASU / UofA football game, which has a history of being played on that day.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh.

Black Friday has always been a great day for college football rivalry games. For me, it depends on the matchup but I enjoy those traditional rivalries.

I bet 2$ that the Cardinals get this game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose