The Black Phone

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw this tonight. Imo, it's not actually scary. But, creepy for sure and I thought the story was fresh and unique. Surprised it has no thread. I have to drive 30 minutes away to get to a theater not sold out.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was sold out? Really?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Black Phone

Release Date: June 24, 2022
Studio: Universal | Blumhouse
Director: Scott Derrickson
MPAA Rating: R for violence, bloody images, language and some drug use.
Screenwriters: Scott Derrickson and C. Robert Cargill (based on the short story 'The Black Phone' by Joe Hill)
Genre: Horror | Thriller

Starring: Mason Thames, Madeleine McGraw, Ethan Hawke, Jeremy Davies, E. Roger Mitchell, Troy Rudeseal, James Ransone

Plot Summary: After being abducted by a child killer and locked in a soundproof basement, a 13-year-old boy starts receiving calls on a disconnected phone from the killer's previous victims.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It was the 2nd movie of our double feature at the drive-in, but since they kept playing crap ads, the main feature didn't start until 9:30, and it was over 2 hours, we didn't stay.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Just saw this tonight. Imo, it's not actually scary. But, creepy for sure and I thought the story was fresh and unique. Surprised it has no thread. I have to drive 30 minutes away to get to a theater not sold out.
Really enjoyed this one.

Good, not great horror.

I'm a huge horror aficionado. Every year, I Google "best horror films" and try to watch all of the top 20.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really enjoyed this one.

Good, not great horror.

I'm a huge horror aficionado. Every year, I Google "best horror films" and try to watch all of the top 20.
I love horror but I do find most of it can get away with being a not good movie because of scares.

I thought this one was not scary at all really but a good story, suspenseful, interesting and less predictable. I thought they did a great job.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose