Reviewing Game 1

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So free NFL + threw it on my third monitor while working.

The recency bias of how the season ended, I had forgotten how we just kicked the crap out of an AFC favorite. It was 31-13 in the third.

I saw all the Cardinals greatness. The Titans oddly doubled Golden repeatedly and Chandler Jones just wrecked 1-1 coverage

The o line was complete ass but Kyler was at his best. At one point he dodges literally every rusher to complete a third and long. He throws a TD across his body while being sacked

But the signs of the collapse were in that game. Terrible offensive line play. Like Kyler running for his life immediately

Stupid penalty after stupid penalty

Kyler just bailing a clean pocket. It worked out this time but it creates the illusion that's the right move.

Red Zone play calling just sucked and yet Kyler somehow gets it done.

The season script was there from the start

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more..and teams just jumped on these weaknesses the more tape that came out. There were a number of games during the first half of the season we didn’t look good (Jags, Texans), but still won.

Really the turnovers and short field we seemed to frequently be having that first half of the season made us look a lot better than what we really were.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Like I said at the end of the season and in the offseason: I don't care if we're crushing teams 50-0, I'm not going to get giddy until we actually win a clinching game. Sure, I'll be pleased as punch, but every positive post will come with that caveat. This is a prove it year. KM, KK, Keim, the rest of this team, have proven absolutely zilch. Stats and early-season wins are great and all, but until we do something, I'll be skeptical.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think there is an element of seeing what you want to see here. Nobody was saying these things much after the game or during that stretch.

If you flip it around to the Titans, who ended up as the #1 seed, can you really say you can see elements of the greatness that would propel them to that position?

If you watch the first Ram's game, or the Brown's game you can't see anything that would indicate the collapse.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
To an extent yes. His next step is to evade pressure while staying in the pocket
i think one thing he needs to do is what Wilson and Rogers are so good at -- they bait rushers to go upfield and then step up to create a lane to either pass or run

his bail out wide ( like the first TD) cuts the field in half and takes his momentum away from the LOS -- he has the arm to make up for stuff like that -- but still

if he gets to where he converts half of those bail outs to where he creates the lane --- he can either pass or run with his momentum going towards the LOS.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there is an element of seeing what you want to see here. Nobody was saying these things much after the game or during that stretch.

If you flip it around to the Titans, who ended up as the #1 seed, can you really say you can see elements of the greatness that would propel them to that position?

If you watch the first Ram's game, or the Brown's game you can't see anything that would indicate the collapse.

My entire intent was to watch the first 12 games, declare us NFL champs, and pretend the rest of the season didn't exist.

It wasn't about seeing what I want to see, it was just seeing a game and noticing things we really got away with early and then they faded, especially once injuries piled up

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Like I said at the end of the season and in the offseason: I don't care if we're crushing teams 50-0, I'm not going to get giddy until we actually win a clinching game. Sure, I'll be pleased as punch, but every positive post will come with that caveat. This is a prove it year. KM, KK, Keim, the rest of this team, have proven absolutely zilch. Stats and early-season wins are great and all, but until we do something, I'll be skeptical.
I agree. But, early season wins are necessary for late season wins to mean anything. Even during the best of times as Cardinal fans, the end of season script is painfully similar. I’m running out of opportunities to say “There’s always next year”

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. But, early season wins are necessary for late season wins to mean anything. Even during the best of times as Cardinal fans, the end of season script is painfully similar. I’m running out of opportunities to say “There’s always next year”
Game 1 is every bit as important as game 17

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
With you 100 percent here. Last season I was going insane with optimism. I was all the way on the train to the Super Bowl. Then I got that optimism jammed right up the old orifice. I, too, am getting tired of "there's always next year." Let's hope that's THIS year.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Are our coaches seeing these little flaws and sharpening things up as we go? Or did we get swept up in the momentum of winning? Believing our own press? Winning hides a multitude of sins

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose