NFL+ Premium

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
NFL Game Pass, which is what I used last season to watch games (no DirecTV and I often wouldn't watch games live), has been changed to NFL+ Premium and made 20 bucks cheaper. It sounds like it'll be just as good as NFL Game Pass was, but I'm leery, given the price drop. Anyone know anything much about this change?

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
From reading it, you can watch every preseason game and local and primetime games during regular season. I am curious if you have a VPN if you could sign up with a Phoenix IP address and get the Cards if ya live out of town, unless it's tied to your CC address

blindseyed

Reaction score
With the premium you can watch all the replays or every game too

blindseyed

Reaction score
Sorry for typo on previous post (with no way to edit).
That's why I was wondering if one used a VPN, which you could make your IP address look like you're in Phoenix, could actually work? I'm almost ready to fork out the $10 just to see if it would work lol

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm following this closely as I have done away with direct tv this past February. Have not been able to watch any Arizona related sport (actually, no sports at all) since then. I saw this the other day and wondered about it. I'm glad someone has by brought it up here.

I need an "NFL+ for Dummies guide" here.:blush:

Sorry to hijack the thread.

blindseyed

Reaction score
I'm following this closely as I have done away with direct tv this past February. Have not been able to watch any Arizona related sport (actually, no sports at all) since then. I saw this the other day and wondered about it. I'm glad someone has by brought it up here.

I need an "NFL+ for Dummies guide" here.:blush:

Sorry to hijack the thread.
Didn't hijack it at all , you're actually in the right thread for questions about it, it's pretty simple as far as what they offer. You'll get every preseason game, regular season you get your local market game along with the prime games on Sunday Monday and Thursday nights for $4.99 a month ($29.99 a yr) and if you want to premium you get all that along with all the replays of every team it's $9.99 a month or $79.99 a yr for premium

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
The VPN question is interesting. You'd think they'd have safeguards against that, but would be if you can do that it would be a huge value to people who just want to follow their favorite team but don't live in that location (a sure violation of the terms of service, but that is pretty par for the course these days with streaming).

blindseyed

Reaction score
The VPN question is interesting. You'd think they'd have safeguards against that, but would be if you can do that it would be a huge value to people who just want to follow their favorite team but don't live in that location (a sure violation of the terms of service, but that is pretty par for the course these days with streaming).
That's a good point, I wonder if someone in Phoenix signed up for you and used your information in say Illinois, would you still get the Cardinals or would you get the Bears? Because I saw it in the commercial it say watch your team anywhere, does that mean anywhere in the US or anywhere in your state?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So-o-o -

We out of towners will still not be able to view (early and late afternoon) regular season games?

If I root for, say, the Eagles, but live in Miami, I still won’t be able to view most early or late afternoon Sunday Philly games on my TV set in Miami?

Yech !

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Usually they're fairly quick about getting the game on within 15 mins or so of ending. But you will get that one game every year somebody falls asleep on where it takes a few hours.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, these games that you stream on nfl+ are not/won't be live?

I posted about this in the other thread. I've used a deal through Verizon on the NFL app the last couple of years. (that is, the charge came on my Verizon bill) I did it for mostly Redzone on my mobile and I could stream local games only, not out of market. I did it because I was traveling a lot and there was no sense in paying for Sunday ticket because I would miss so many games anyway. It wouldn't let you cast it to a TV as it was mobile only. Local in market games were free, I think. When you clicked on the button to watch Redzone you had to have a login showing you paid for it.

I'm guessing the NFL+ app will allow you to get out of market games also. This is completely separate from NFL channel so you don't have to have a provider to be able to use it. Oops, just read this and I think it's audio only for out of market... let one of the more tech savvy guys explain it.

Download the NFL app on your mobile and you can check it out. I don't think I could sign up for this until the season started but I just now opened the app and it's got a 7day free trial. It's not the NFL Channel app, there is a difference.

I'm a geezer like you and if I can do it, you can do it... lol

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This service is trash. You cannot watch it on TV at all like you could with prior versions.

You can only stream on your phone or laptop

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This service is trash. You cannot watch it on TV at all like you could with prior versions.

Boo.

I guess if you have no other choice, and you have things like a Chromecast or Airplay, you could use that...

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

Exactly this, I really don't want to watch a game on such a small screen.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

can you watch on a computer?
then run your comp through the 60 inch like I do?

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Are we sure games can't be watched on a regular tv? Mine just autorenewed for $79.99. I've been watching it regularly on tv thru Roku just to watch the Cardinals interviews in the Teams section, where all your favorite team videos appear.

I hadn't tried in a long time to watch an old prerecorded game. Just tried and I get "error code 403: forbidden". I don't know if that's because I'm trying to watch on tv or if my app is outdated. I'm going to try reinstalling the app. I logged in on my pc and had no problems watching old games. But everything looks totally different. There is no longer a Teams section. So yeah, I think I need to reinstall my NFL app on Roku.

I did notice if you click Subscribe, it says:

"Live local and primetime Regular Season & Postseason games on your phone or tablet"

and

"Full game replays across devices (ad-free)"

So it sounds like its only the live games that are restricted to phone or tablet.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose