Suns make a trade for Center Jock Landale

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jock Landale is physical and keeps the ball moving.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saric just isn’t a Center…
Depends on the lineup you are facing. I mean DA is nice and long, but Saric has a solid base. He does not get shoved around by smaller players… Even guards like DA does. Unlike a lot of people here I like Saric. I think he's a great player off the bench. I wouldn't want him trying to guard Embiid or Jokic though.

Joe

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on the lineup you are facing. I mean DA is nice and long, but Saric has a solid base. He does not get shoved around by smaller players… Even guards like DA does. Unlike a lot of people here I like Saric. I think he's a great player off the bench. I wouldn't want him trying to guard Embiid or Jokic though.

Joe

Yeah, no one is moving Saric once he is planted. He can give the Suns some minutes at the 4/5 depending on match-ups.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d rather have him guarding C’s than PF’s.
Depends on the Center or the PF we are talking about.

He gets abused by big centers and quick PF's, he really is not a good fit at either position.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Depends on the Center or the PF we are talking about.

He gets abused by big centers and quick PF's, he really is not a good fit at either position.

I agree. Saric can't guard a true big man because he's not strong or long enough, and he can't guard on the perimeter because he's glued to his feet. The only player he's reasonably effective at guarding is a so-called "stretch 4," who isn't a threat to drive or to do much with the ball other than shoot it.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like this. I'd like it more if he were a 3rd string guy but he seems to have some skills and still has some upside.

I'm hoping for a more athletic version of Aron Baynes. Not that he's a great athlete but Baynes was pretty limited in that regard.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We shouldn't have to worry about Landale guarding out on the perimeter.

He knows where he plays although that was not Ayton's fault. IMO, he was asked to do too many things defensively.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It helped that Ayton could play on the perimeter but I'm curious if that was done also because he wasn't a banger inside. It was better to have him switching than being destroyed by players seeking contact.

I don't know if I agree that too much was asked of Ayton, I think he was used to his strengths defensively. He simply isn't an interior stopper or shot blocker.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tell me again why Ayton can't play power forward.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree. Saric can't guard a true big man because he's not strong or long enough, and he can't guard on the perimeter because he's glued to his feet. The only player he's reasonably effective at guarding is a so-called "stretch 4," who isn't a threat to drive or to do much with the ball other than shoot it.
Anyone thinking Saric is in the NBA because of defense should watch his offense. Saric can score..................

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone thinking Saric is in the NBA because of defense should watch his offense. Saric can score..................
Not very efficently.

He's just not a very good NBA player. People really seem to have selective memory.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose