The Ayton Plan

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh my god. According to what evidence? He hasn’t played enough to earn any label, let alone “Best finisher in the paint ever.”
It's called statistics.

You might want to look at them sometime if you want to objectively value players.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's called statistics.

You might want to look at them sometime if you want to objectively value players.
Games played is a statistic?!? You definitely should consider that when determining a players value.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree. I think he was. Many debated that we should have taken him first based on that.

At least two teams didn't think so. Other teams would have given up the farm if they thought so as well.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm talking about a choice between Zion and Ayton.
That’s a toss up for me. Not sure if Zion will ever be healthy enough to have a long career. If he does though? He could be a game changer. I don’t think Ayton is a game changer but at least you know he will play and be a good contributor.

Depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a potential Superstar it would be hard to pick Ayton over Zion. If you are looking for a healthy contributor? No question Ayton.

Good debate topic though.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a toss up for me. Not sure if Zion will ever be healthy enough to have a long career. If he does though? He could be a game changer. I don’t think Ayton is a game changer but at least you know he will play and be a good contributor.

Depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a potential Superstar it would be hard to pick Ayton over Zion. If you are looking for a healthy contributor? No question Ayton.

Good debate topic though.

It's something fun to discuss when one is bored.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would rather have Ayton than Zion.

But I'd rather trade Zion than Ayton. The KD trade would be done already.

The part in bold could very well be true.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I guess when the Coach and Players make you look soft and question your heart other teams hear that ****. You may not get a great return, which is fine if you intend to KEEP him.
I'm Shocked DA's not getting any offers. Suns buggered themselves on this one.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess when the Coach and Players make you look soft and question your heart other teams hear that ****. You may not get a great return, which is fine if you intend to KEEP him.

The Suns should seriously try to patch things up with Ayton if they plan to trade him for peanuts.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns should seriously try to patch things up with Ayton if they plan to trade him for peanuts.
I said the same thing. If trading Ayton isn't going to fill major holes on this team? There is no point. Money and winning cures bad feelings.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It appears as though teams would swap expirings for DA but don’t value him enough to give up assets or pay him what he wants. If Bill Duffy suggested he shouldn’t have taken a 4-year deal last summer then Ayton should change agents.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Indeed... the Suns seem to have a habit of doing stuff like that throughout the entire Sarver tenure and I think it's specifically because of the culture he has created. Look at how many players, coaches, FO personnel, and apparently even just regular employees have left the organization with very public bad feelings over the years... and that's only the ones we know of. Cutting off your nose to spite your own face seems to be the MO under him.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It appears as though teams would swap expirings for DA but don’t value him enough to give up assets or pay him what he wants. If Bill Duffy suggested he shouldn’t have taken a 4-year deal last summer then Ayton should change agents.
Well, I will agree I don't quite understand how they thought they would get the suns to do a 5 year max - but Ayton did not play up to his potential again this season.

If he had, and if he hadn't had the issue in game 7, he would have multiple teams after him now.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, I will agree I don't quite understand how they thought they would get the suns to do a 5 year max - but Ayton did not play up to his potential again this season.

If he had, and if he hadn't had the issue in game 7, he would have multiple teams after him now.

He played great this year. We had the greatest regular season in the history of this franchise and he played really well in some of our bigger games. He was a huge part of what we did.

We don’t beat the Pelicans without him. Yeah he melted down in game 7 but the entire team did. We were down by 47 at one point.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He played great this year. We had the greatest regular season in the history of this franchise and he played really well in some of our bigger games. He was a huge part of what we did.

We don’t beat the Pelicans without him. Yeah he melted down in game 7 but the entire team did. We were down by 47 at one point.

Teams should be beating down the door to do a sign-and-trade for a former #1 draft pick yet we are not hearing about much interest.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Teams should be beating down the door to do a sign-and-trade for a former #1 draft pick yet we are not hearing about much interest.

He plays an outdated position

Center is the Running back of the NBA.

Waysouth

Veteran
Reaction score
If DA is traded and Durant signs there is still not a player on the team that can guard Davis (when healthy), Towns, Jokic, Doncic, Giannis or Embid.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He plays an outdated position

Center is the Running back of the NBA.

That is what they say about running back until you have to punch the ball in from the 1 yard line or Kyler is running backwards.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounded like many teams called about Ayton the but the stories are the same. Teams don't want to pay Ayton max. It's hard sell from Ayton's camp if the Suns and just about every team that has been rumored to inquire don't want to pay him max.

If Ayton's camp came out today and said we are looking for 20-25 million? I bet the Suns phone would blow up.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounded like many teams called about Ayton the but the stories are the same. Teams don't want to pay Ayton max. It's hard sell from Ayton's camp if the Suns and just about every team that has been rumored to inquire don't want to pay him max.

If Ayton's camp came out today and said we are looking for 20-25 million? I bet the Suns phone would blow up.

Agree, Ayton's camp should have done that earlier. Maybe they have. We shall see.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I really hate hearing this excuse. So what Ayton quit, the entire team did... The entire team wasn't seeking a max contract offer.

Game 7 was a gigantic blown opportunity for Ayton. Yes, the rest of the team played like crap. If he would have seized that moment, tried putting the team on his back, played like a madman to try to win, it really would have stood out in contrast to the rest of the team. I really think that would've sold the league on him.

Instead, he went the opposite direction, and because of whatever happened with Monty, stood out as the biggest quitter (whether that's fair or not, that's the optics).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Bah there’s only four years worth of tape on Ayton. Oh, and all these teams have played against him multiple times. They aren’t counting on a “…Coach and Players mak[ing him] look soft…”

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave