Rodney Hudson - returns after holding out?

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the intentions behind getting Hudson were good (veteran leader at center who can help out Kyler). The results obviously haven't been, which is bound to start happening when you keep needing to fill holes with older veterans.

Keim's incompetence and avoidance issues with drafting O-lineman with higher picks is just gross negligence at this point. Hernandez/Pugh/Jones might be the worst middle of the O-line in the league. And that is before Pugh misses time, which he has in 7 of his 9 seasons. Yet Keim goes and spends his FA money on an old TE and a RB who doesn't make defenders miss, while getting another small receiver and a TE2 in the first two rounds of the draft. It's just moronic, man.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still can’t even fathom the gross negligence of the trenches on both sides, but spending your resources on the least important position in football aka ILB. With the major possibility that ILB isn’t either’s most suited position overall! But at least we got our guy that had a 3.7YPC last year.

No other organization is being ran like this in the league.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the intentions behind getting Hudson were good (veteran leader at center who can help out Kyler). The results obviously haven't been, which is bound to start happening when you keep needing to fill holes with older veterans.

Keim's incompetence and avoidance issues with drafting O-lineman with higher picks is just gross negligence at this point. Hernandez/Pugh/Jones might be the worst middle of the O-line in the league. And that is before Pugh misses time, which he has in 7 of his 9 seasons. Yet Keim goes and spends his FA money on an old TE and a RB who doesn't make defenders miss, while getting another small receiver and a TE2 in the first two rounds of the draft. It's just moronic, man.
I watched a breakdown of Kyler struggling vs the Rams in the playoffs. One of the other things that stood out is how Justin Pugh looked like he was in retirement mode mid game. And this is the guy we're hoping to replace Hudson at center.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

We’ll at least we aren’t tied to Keim for another five years.

Wait what?

Reaction score
Still can’t even fathom the gross negligence of the trenches on both sides, but spending your resources on the least important position in football aka ILB. With the major possibility that ILB isn’t either’s most suited position overall! But at least we got our guy that had a 3.7YPC last year.

No other organization is being ran like this in the league.

It's amazing that with all of this gross negligence & incompetence that we had the best record in the league after week 13 last year. Just amazing I tell ya. ;)

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's amazing that with all of this gross negligence & incompetence that we had the best record in the league after week 13 last year. Just amazing I tell ya. ;)
Who cares? We were the worst playoff team the league has seen in years.

Long way to go to even consider this a team that can compete more than the regular season.

Keim sucks.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Our team sucks. I just can't find the fire this summer.
Just a complete mess.. these last 2 posts sum it up. Not spending money and not making moves to protect your biggest asset. No team has done less for their franchise QB in regards to offensive line.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
They were aware since before the draft? Jesus.
This is just criminal stupidity. You know your star center is considering retirement BEFORE THE DRAFT, and you...stand pat? Draft some late-round hail marys? Gimme a freaking break here!

C'mon, Kool Aiders, I'm calling you out over here. Tell us to remain calm, that all is well. Try typing that with a straight face.

Reaction score
This is just criminal stupidity. You know your star center is considering retirement BEFORE THE DRAFT, and you...stand pat? Draft some late-round hail marys? Gimme a freaking break here!

C'mon, Kool Aiders, I'm calling you out over here. Tell us to remain calm, that all is well. Try typing that with a straight face.

Please remain calm. It's only a freaking game made for your enjoyment. If you aren't enjoying it then I would advise people not to watch. Which I have done on rare occasion because I couldn't take the pain lol. Difference is I'm over it the next day. I'm pretty rabid during the game but over it afterwards if that makes sense. :) :cheers:

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Our team sucks. I just can't find the fire this summer.
This is some championship caliber idiocy by our sage GM.

If Hudson does retire, Jones and the 2 rookies will be the only O-linemen under contract next year. That's if the 2 rookies even make the team. Meanwhile, Keim is out there blowing a second round pick on a guy who he thinks could develop into an Austin Hooper-type player.

The FO is quickly becoming a full blown clown show. Hard Knocks should be something.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If you knew there was a chance Hudson was going to retire you take Linderbaum in the 1st round.

And then you simply trade your 2nd round pick for Hollywood. I think Baltimore would have caved on that deal since Hollywood wanted out and they were likely not going to pay him anyway.

Or simply move up to acquire Jurgens in the 2nd round. Dont get me wrong cause I've really started to warm up to the McBride pick. He could be really good.

I just dont know how Oline isnt a factor when Pugh and Hudson had serious questions about playing football again in 2022.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is some championship caliber idiocy by our sage GM.

If Hudson does retire, Jones and the 2 rookies will be the only O-linemen under contract next year. That's if the 2 rookies even make the team. Meanwhile, Keim is out there blowing a second round pick on a guy who he thinks could develop into an Austin Hooper-type player.

The FO is quickly becoming a full blown clown show. Hard Knocks should be something.

You can find posts from not too long ago that suggested we replace all 5 starters going into this off-season.

"KC did it, why can't we?" was the essence of the argument.

Name the o-lineman you'd have selected with our second-round pick?

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You can find posts from not too long ago that suggested we replace all 5 starters going into this off-season.

You can find posts that say a lot of things. Doesn't mean they are good ideas.

I personally would have just drafted Linderbaum in the 1st, but assuming the Hollywood trade already happened, my preferences for 2nd round O-linemen would have been

1. Move up for Jugens
2. Goedeke
3. Ingram

I would have also taken Jackson and possibly Bonitto over Ingram, but I would have drafted any 5 of those players ahead of McBride if I was in Keim's situation.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If you knew there was a chance Hudson was going to retire you take Linderbaum in the 1st round.

And then you simply trade your 2nd round pick for Hollywood. I think Baltimore would have caved on that deal since Hollywood wanted out and they were likely not going to pay him anyway.

Or simply move up to acquire Jurgens in the 2nd round. Dont get me wrong cause I've really started to warm up to the McBride pick. He could be really good.

I just dont know how Oline isnt a factor when Pugh and Hudson had serious questions about playing football again in 2022.
Pretty shocking when your C and LG are both contemplating retirement you choose to stay the course and just add two late round picks. Bold strategy, let's see how it plays out.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

You have to admit that it is a pretty bold strategy to just give Kyler more weapons when faced with both Pugh and Hudson considering retirement vs adding players on the line.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Pretty shocking when your C and LG are both contemplating retirement you choose to stay the course and just add two late round picks. Bold strategy, let's see how it plays out.
I don't disagree, but...

We made the Hollywood trade long before we knew who would be on the board at 25 (e.g. Linderbaum). I feel like there's a lot hindsight coming into play criticizing that now. And people would be complaining just as much if we were looking at a WR trio of Green/Wesley/Moore for the first six games of the season.

I didn't love any of the 2nd round OL as compared to taking the consensus top tight end.

Taking two front 7 players in the 3rd round can be questioned though. Taking Dylan Parham or Sean Rhyan over Cameron Thomas would put things in a little better perspective on the OL right now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose