2022 Season - A Season of Answers

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure who you’re referring to. My thought for a positive example would be Steve Smith. He played in the slot some but most played outside. His first year produced only 154 yards. He became one of the NFL’s top wideouts for many years. He stood only 5’9”.
Desean Jackson is another.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Not sure who you’re referring to. My thought for a positive example would be Steve Smith. He played in the slot some but most played outside. His first year produced only 154 yards. He became one of the NFL’s top wideouts for many years. He stood only 5’9”.

Steve Smith was the example I was thinking of. Krang asserted Antonio Brown, but he's an inch taller, and I remember his game as being more catch-and-run than a deep ball artist. ADoT data on Pro Football Reference only goes back to 2018.

Desean Jackson is another.

Both Jackson and Antonio Brown are a full inch taller than Hollywood.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Steve Smith was the example I was thinking of. Krang asserted Antonio Brown, but he's an inch taller, and I remember his game as being more catch-and-run than a deep ball artist. ADoT data on Pro Football Reference only goes back to 2018.

Both Jackson and Antonio Brown are a full inch taller than Hollywood.
An inch is nothing man.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
What the hell happens if we bottom out? By the start of the season the QB/HC/GM will be under contract thru 2028…

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think he's lying, but (IMO) Moore has to be better than Hollywood Brown in the slot to take that job. Maybe that happens in two years if and when DHop is out and Brown is the #1 guy always on the outside. But I fully expect our 3WR set to be Wesley-Brown-Green until DHop comes back and then Hop-Brown-Green.

If Moore is in the slot it's a clear key that there's a smoke screen coming. Maybe McBride doesn't show much in camp and we run a lot of 4 WR sets in passing situations to start the season. But the angles just aren't there for little wideouts down the field.

EDIT: One thing I love about Kliff is that he's always positive about these guys during the offseason, and he puts it on himself when they don't get involved and don't get opportunities. He never says "Zaven sucked all week and we couldn't put him out there in good conscience." He says "we have to find better opportunities to get him on the field."

It's all fun and games until you're faced with 3rd and seven and you're trying to get it to two 5'6" wideouts on the outside.

Brown isn't going to take snaps from Moore. When Nuk is back Brown will take snaps from AJ Green. Green is on a 1 year, $3m deal and then he's likely done. Brown, Nuk and Moore are the future.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Brown isn't going to take snaps from Moore. When Nuk is back Brown will take snaps from AJ Green. Green is on a 1 year, $3m deal and then he's likely done. Brown, Nuk and Moore are the future.

In 2 WR sets I'm guessing you're right. These are the routes that I want Marquise Brown running.

But when 3 WRs are on the field? We'll see. It didn't happen last season. What's changed?

It's very quaint that you think that coaches care about the future when making plans in-season. I guess you didn't learn anything from Moore and Collins last year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This "He can't play outside he's too small" thing seems weird.

Desean Jackson, Brandin Cooks, AB, T.Y Hilton, Tyreek Hill, Tyler Lockett, Darnell Mooney, Diontae Johnson. Plenty have played outside at this size. Speed kills.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This "He can;t play outside he's too small" thing seems weird.

Desean Jackson, Brandin Cooks, AB, T.Y Hilton, Tyreek Hill, Tyler Lockett, Darnell Mooney, Diontae Johnson. Plenty have played outside at this size. Speed kills.

Agreed. It's a silly concept to thing every receiver needs to be 6'2.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose