Arizona Cardinals Mandatory Mini Camp thread Jun 14-Jun16, 2022

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fitz? I still rock Seth Joyner...haha
Yea he’s older then us…. I’m referring to K9 who’s said it’s weird For a grown man to rock a person’s jersey who is younger than them?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So it’s weird for a majority of the board to wear a Fitz jersey? Odd take
Maybe? I don't remember whether there was a carve-out for retired players. I have a Fitz jersey and I'm four years older than him.

That said, I think it looks cooler for an old dude to wear an Aeneas Williams jersey or a Rob Moore jersey or whatever than, like, Kyler. Just like it's hilarious when there's a 270 lbs dude wearing a Kyler jersey. You like what you like, live your best life, but I'm still gonna think its funny.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems weird for an adult man to be wearing the jersey of a player that’s younger than him. A good rule from Rich Eisen that makes more sense the older I get.

I’d want a black Adrian Wilson jersey or an old-style Karlos Dansby jersey.
Why?

My black Wilson jersey is one of my favorites...

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Why?

My black Wilson jersey is one of my favorites...

Because you're an adult? I wouldn't wear my kid's jersey to his soccer game. Honestly, I'm kind of over wearing jerseys period at this point in my life. I'm not pretending that I'm going to get called down from the stands to play.

If a 50-year old guy is wearing a Kyler Murray jersey, I'm going to assume that he's some bandwagoner how probably couldn't name 8 players on the roster after Murray or J.J. Watt (which would be even worse).

Again, it's fine. Live your life. But it seems odd to be cosplaying someone who's 30 years younger than you.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because you're an adult? I wouldn't wear my kid's jersey to his soccer game. Honestly, I'm kind of over wearing jerseys period at this point in my life. I'm not pretending that I'm going to get called down from the stands to play.

If a 50-year old guy is wearing a Kyler Murray jersey, I'm going to assume that he's some bandwagoner how probably couldn't name 8 players on the roster after Murray or J.J. Watt (which would be even worse).

Again, it's fine. Live your life. But it seems odd to be cosplaying someone who's 30 years younger than you.

Weird take. I'm 43 and if I were still an avid Suns fan, I wouldn't have problem rocking a Booker jersey...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is an odd hill to die on.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Weird take. I'm 43 and if I were still an avid Suns fan, I wouldn't have problem rocking a Booker jersey...
You do you, man.

This is an odd hill to die on.
Nah. I'm not trying to convince anyone that I'm right. People can do what they want. Let the 50 year old do Kyler Murray cosplay.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You do you, man.

Nah. I'm not trying to convince anyone that I'm right. People can do what they want. Let the 50 year old do Kyler Murray cosplay.
I don't understand, but I get you.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I'm 42 and would feel much cooler rocking a Charles Barkley or Paul Westphal (RIP) Suns jersey.
KJ was my dude. I'd rock one of those easily.

I do have a soft spot for Barkley. I was able to attend the first preseason game after he got traded to the Suns and I was able to go to the VIP area and shake his hand after what felt like a 50pt blowout.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
KJ was my dude. I'd rock one of those easily.

I do have a soft spot for Barkley. I was able to attend the first preseason game after he got traded to the Suns and I was able to go to the VIP area and shake his hand after what felt like a 50pt blowout.

Yeah... KJ has had a... controversial post-playing career. Although I had his kicks back in like 5th grade.