football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
it appears Robert Quinn, DE/OLB is available via trade with the Bears

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

3rd strikes me as too high

the good: 18.5 sacks last year

the bad: 32 years old.

the contract: $13mm, $14mm, $13mm for the next three seasons -- no guaranteed money

FWIW: the Cards passed on giving 32 year old Chandler Jones what the Raiders did -- effectively a 2 year, $16mm a year deal / $20mm guaranteed

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm with it for a 3rd. This is one of those positions by which we'll be cursing profusely over if we don't address it. I've always been of the mindstate that 1st and 2nd round draft choices are the ones to be thrifty over. For a plug and play pass rusher that can step right in? sign me up!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Yeah, you easily offer a third despite his age (a good pass rusher can still be highly productive to at least 34). Anyone who thinks differently and was in the camp of keeping Chandler Jones, needs to backtrack. The draft is a crapshoot despite the best efforts of mice and men. Look, finding anyone now with a legit threat of getting to the QB are slim to none and boom you can get a guy like Quinn... just do the trade, like we are in any position to milk the value right now lol

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, you easily offer a third despite his age (a good pass rusher can still be highly productive to at least 34). Anyone who thinks differently and was in the camp of keeping Chandler Jones, needs to backtrack. The draft is a crapshoot despite the best efforts of mice and men. Look, finding anyone now with a legit threat of getting to the QB are slim to none and boom you can get a guy like Quinn... just do the trade, like we are in any position to milk the value right now lol
Right??!!!!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
He's the best pass rusher available at this point. I'd make a play for him if I was ARZ.
Exactly, Bertrand Berry and Dwight Freeney both were worth acquiring despite their age. Heck, we threw down for Watt with injury concerns and we have the money to do this. If a trade is possible, I am sure the Cards have inquired but they need to get serious about this

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Exactly, Bertrand Berry and Dwight Freeney both were worth acquiring despite their age. Heck, we threw down for Watt with injury concerns and we have the money to do this. If a trade is possible, I am sure the Cards have inquired but they need to get serious about this

Age wasn't an issue with Berry who was 29 when he signed as a FA.

And our needs at NT and CB supersede pass rush at this point. IMO.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals mught need a center as well unless the matter with Hudson is resolved.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Where are all these quality FA signings that will absolutely plug our manifold needs that I've been promised would easily be available this time of year? Bueller, Bueller? I feel some posters were quite nonchalant in making unrealistic guarantees earlier in the offseason with their "all is well" rhetoric. You know who you are ;)

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
Jones signed a $51M contract for 3 years and $17M per year. Didn't the Bears sign Quinn for $70M with a $3M signing bonus and $30M guaranteed? I'm not a cap person but I would think the Bears would have to eat the $30M amount leaving $40M over remaining 3 years ($13M/year). Seems like a decent deal compared to Jones contract.