Murray is so jacked his head looks like it's on the wrong body

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
God dang haha how in world do u get that jacked without what Boston did lol... ugh
I don't think Boston had that large of a frame...he was more medium thickness... Definitely didn't have as broad of shoulders as DK. Most of his bulk was artificial....the fat face was the easiest giveaway, just like Bonds.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sometimes the chin is the biggest giveaway. I don't know if this is the same picture, its the only non-bearded one I could find. But I remember the very first thing I thought when I first saw David Johnson's face was 'Dam dude, just don't get caught.'

You must be registered for see images attach

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sometimes the chin is the biggest giveaway. I don't know if this is the same picture, its the only non-bearded one I could find. But I remember the very first thing I thought when I first saw David Johnson's face was 'Dam dude, just don't get caught.'

And then he got a mega pay day from chargers and was sad to see roids ruin Boston promising carrer was a sick sick wr for buckeyes cards

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Joe Burrow needs to get on that program. Met him last night at my golf club (he was there for a friends wedding) and I couldn't believe how skinny he is. He is rail thin.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bulking up for a QB is not always a good thing

So many throws require finesse and touch and IMO you lose some of that when you are too built

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bulking up for a QB is not always a good thing

So many throws require finesse and touch and IMO you lose some of that when you are too built
This is not correct. If you stretch and work on mobility, for the most part, bulk doesn't matter. Arnold type of body building and strongmen like Thor, who many consider the strongest person to ever live, are the exceptions. And still Thor is insanely agile for his mammoth size. Go to the 1:30 mark here to see.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Here is Mat Fraser. He is 5'8" and 210lbs. He also happens to the most versatile athlete in Crossfit and 5 times fittest man on earth.

Watch how he smokes the best of the best with a gymnastics movement that is 100% finesse!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
This is not correct. If you stretch and work on mobility, for the most part, bulk doesn't matter. Arnold type of body building and strongmen like Thor, who many consider the strongest person to ever live, are the exceptions. And still Thor is insanely agile for his mammoth size. Go to the 1:30 mark here to see.

Here is Mat Fraser. He is 5'8" and 210lbs. He also happens to the most versatile athlete in Crossfit and 5 times fittest man on earth.

Watch how he smokes the best of the best with a gymnastics movement that is 100% finesse!

Those have absolutely nothing to do with playing QB.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Joe Burrow needs to get on that program. Met him last night at my golf club (he was there for a friends wedding) and I couldn't believe how skinny he is. He is rail thin.
Joe seems wiry strong though. At least in games. I've seen him break a few tackles.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think everyone is foolish to not believe that a guy that is about to make over $40mm isn’t listening/training with elite science and trainers to make him the most optimal QB.
And bingo was his namo!!

But all the dad bods know better on what a QBs body should be like and not the people who have spent a lifetime understanding the human body! ;)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think everyone is foolish to not believe that a guy that is about to make over $40mm isn’t listening/training with elite science and trainers to make him the most optimal QB.
I think the flip side of that coin is that it seems a little unlikely that a guy who is 24 years old and been the best athlete on the field for his entire football life is going to make that kind of investment right now. There are some people who say, "I'm DROY, 2x Pro Bowler -- what else do I need to do?"

My personal perspective is that he likes to lift weights and get coached by his dad. Maybe his dad is an elite trainer, but maybe not.

He certainly has the resources through Nike to get the absolute elite training. We end up coming back to this over and over: It's up to him to maximize his own career and decide whether he wasn't go be good or great.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
LOL. Okie dokie. Our definition of jacked cant be more different. Plus like I said, he will lean out in a couple more months. He looks bulky and slow in this pic.
They are football players which is a different animal. You have to be pretty dang strong so they often have some meat on their bones which has a lot of muscle mass.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
He sorta peaks at about 40 to 45 yards. So technically he could still run 4.3.

He doesnt have that track background like Lamar Jackson.
Plus he has to have some size as far as strength being under 6 ft. Can't have a qb who 5 9 160-170 pounds. People forget even the smallest players have some size. My theory is he getting stronger in the weight room and that will help him build that endurance he needs to not hit the wall. I expect more handing the ball off, passing to TEs, and some well timed runs. It's tough to say how many yards he'll have running and passing but I think his bulking up is a plus. They have camp anyways so he'll lean out some.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the flip side of that coin is that it seems a little unlikely that a guy who is 24 years old and been the best athlete on the field for his entire football life is going to make that kind of investment right now. There are some people who say, "I'm DROY, 2x Pro Bowler -- what else do I need to do?"

My personal perspective is that he likes to lift weights and get coached by his dad. Maybe his dad is an elite trainer, but maybe not.

He certainly has the resources through Nike to get the absolute elite training. We end up coming back to this over and over: It's up to him to maximize his own career and decide whether he wasn't go be good or great.
I'll admit its disappointing that 4 years in he hasnt reached out to Russ or Brees.

As someone told me about him at OU. He has the confidence of a guy 6'5". Problem is he doesnt work enough at overcoming his height issues. Instead does stuff/with his dad that normal sized QBs do.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'll admit its disappointing that 4 years in he hasnt reached out to Russ or Brees.

As someone told me about him at OU. He has the confidence of a guy 6'5". Problem is he doesnt work enough at overcoming his height issues. Instead does stuff/with his dad that normal sized QBs do.
A little Russell Westbrook in his mentality.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
David Johnson became vegan for his wife, the team somehow let it happen, and his career was ruined as a result. His freak injury was the result of this change in diet, and he wasn't the same even when he went back on an appropriate diet. So we have a recent history here.

That being said, Kyler isn't David Johnson, and you're likely 100% right that he is leaning on experts for his diet and training, not a blond who doesn't want to be mean to animals because of a Netflix documentary.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose