Which team is vastly underrated

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I think the Rams are a dominant team. With Hopkins out the Cards will be fortunate to finish second in the West. I think the Rams could win 13. Their schedule looks easier to me than the Cards slate.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, he is.

He's clearly better than Carr. Makes me laugh how people suddenly think Carr is good after dumping on him for years because what? He had one season throwing for 4800 yards, scrapped into the playoffs and was done in one?

Same with Stafford. Go back to the thread where the Rams traded for him and he's a choker who can't win in big games. A stat machine that can't get teams over the line.

Ryan is as good as Stafford. Albeit getting close to being over the hill now at 37. He was 32 yards short from 11 consecutive 4000 yard season last year with nobody at WR.

Take age and legs out of the equation and he's better than Murray, Dak, and Lamar for sure.

Pointless discussing it because "Top 10 QB's" is as subjective as "Top 10 hottest women". You have your opinion, I have mine.
You have a lot of hilarious posts on this site, but this one right here takes the cake. Especially from Stafford on down.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, he is.

He's clearly better than Carr. Makes me laugh how people suddenly think Carr is good after dumping on him for years because what? He had one season throwing for 4800 yards, scrapped into the playoffs and was done in one?

Same with Stafford. Go back to the thread where the Rams traded for him and he's a choker who can't win in big games. A stat machine that can't get teams over the line.

Ryan is as good as Stafford. Albeit getting close to being over the hill now at 37. He was 32 yards short from 11 consecutive 4000 yard season last year with nobody at WR.

Take age and legs out of the equation and he's better than Murray, Dak, and Lamar for sure.

Pointless discussing it because "Top 10 QB's" is as subjective as "Top 10 hottest women". You have your opinion, I have mine.
I am not feeling this. Every time I saw the Falcons last year i thought he is reaching end of the road. By my eyes, he was mediocre at best. Made some win killing INTs. Personally i would maybe put him towards the top of the bottom half of QBs. Around 16-18.

The Colts remind me of the Cardinals post Warner and pre Murray. Flailing around for old vet QBs. Who knows? Maybe the Colts found their Carson Palmer. But....

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You have a lot of hilarious posts on this site, but this one right here takes the cake. Especially from Stafford on down.

I feel suitable chastised. I don't know what I was thinking. Your opinion means so much to me and I feel devastated now. I don't know what I will do.

K9 too. A double dagger to my heart. You guys are my ASFN heroes with your bright, positive outlooks, can do attitude and superior football knowledge. I don't know how I will live with the shame...

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not feeling this. Every time I saw the Falcons last year i thought he is reaching end of the road. By my eyes, he was mediocre at best. Made some win killing INTs. Personally i would maybe put him towards the top of the bottom half of QBs. Around 16-18.

The Colts remind me of the Cardinals post Warner and pre Murray. Flailing around for old vet QBs. Who knows? Maybe the Colts found their Carson Palmer. But....

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I appreciate your point of view, and I agree he didn't have a great year but then his leading WR was Russell Gage. Rookie TE Kyle Pitts was his leading target. After that it was a bunch of garbage. Yet he was still only a play away from 4000 yards.

He might be cooked, but I think Ryan still has the talent to be very good on a Colts teams with a good defense, a good O line (although not what it was) and a not great division.

mobyhammy

Reaction score
Steelers. Not saying that they're going to make the playoffs, but many people are ranking them near the bottom, but Tomlin always manages to surprise people. You might say he's never had to do it without Rothlisberger, but then Big Ben wasn't Big Ben last year either and they managed to make the playoffs.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Ravens were the #1 seed in the AFC until Lamar got injured last year.
The Ravens won a super bowl with Trent Dilfer too. Obviously Lamar is worlds better than Dilfer but it’s a great organization with a great coach. I just don’t see Lamar as a top 5 QB.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The Ravens won a super bowl with Trent Dilfer too. Obviously Lamar is worlds better than Dilfer but it’s a great organization with a great coach. I just don’t see Lamar as a top 5 QB.
I don't see Lamar as a top 5 QB either (Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, Dak, Herbert), but he's clearly top 10. He's won an MVP and he plays the game in an extremely unique way.

The 2021 Ravens were destroyed at corner and running back and Lamar was willing that team to victory. They weren't winning games 6-3.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see Lamar as a top 5 QB either (Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, Dak, Herbert), but he's clearly top 10. He's won an MVP and he plays the game in an extremely unique way.

The 2021 Ravens were destroyed at corner and running back and Lamar was willing that team to victory. They weren't winning games 6-3.
K9, Dak isn't top 5... come on.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
K9, Dak isn't top 5... come on.
He was 3rd in DYAR and DVOA. 7th in yardage, 3rd in passer rating, 11th in Total QBR (oof), 6th in TDs, 9th in YPA.

But I'm obviously wrong and Josh Allen should have been there. Allen was 11th in passing DVOA but 2nd in rushing DVOA, which is why I missed him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We’ll find out just how good or bad their previous HC really was. They have a lot of talent, but having the Bills in their division makes it tough for them.

To be fair if they're not better this year it will be a shock they just got one of the best Wr's in the game so they HAVE to be better.

So if they are clearly better this year that won't necessarily mean the new coach is better because when you add Tyreek Hill to an offense that struggled to get the ball downfield in the air, that SHOULD make you better

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was 3rd in DYAR and DVOA. 7th in yardage, 3rd in passer rating, 11th in Total QBR (oof), 6th in TDs, 9th in YPA.

But I'm obviously wrong and Josh Allen should have been there. Allen was 11th in passing DVOA but 2nd in rushing DVOA, which is why I missed him.
You still got Dak even over Burrow, Wilson, & Stafford?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I feel suitable chastised. I don't know what I was thinking. Your opinion means so much to me and I feel devastated now. I don't know what I will do.

K9 too. A double dagger to my heart. You guys are my ASFN heroes with your bright, positive outlooks, can do attitude and superior football knowledge. I don't know how I will live with the shame...
You can add me to the list of posters who think your take is significantly off base since you are doing that. Ryan is not better than Carr or Stafford, and it isn't close.

I do think you can argue that the Colts may be better with Ryan then they were last year with Wentz. Ryan has similar qualities to Rivers and those will play well in a weak division. Wentz is awful.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Agree on Allen being top 5.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You still got Dak even over Burrow, Wilson, & Stafford?
Burrow is an extremely tough one for me. I love the way that he basically took a laughingstock organization and gave them a direction and purpose. As a pure quarterback though I think I want to see another year. I don't think he's going to transform into Mitchell Trubisky or anything, but he took a lot of hits and he has an extremely talented supporting cast at the skill positions.

We'll see on Wilson. I wonder if there's a reason that over and over and over again the Seattle coaching staff decided they didn't really want to Let Russ Cook. He'll turn 34 this season and he ran significantly less often in 2021 than he had in any prior year. No one knows more about Wilson than the Seahawks did, and they let him bounce.

Stafford has always been a big stats guy, but there's a lot of Kirk Cousins in his game.

I'd put Dak above all three of them, probably. He was less than a year removed from one of the most grisly on-field injuries we've seen in a long time and he still managed to pass for nearly 4500 yards. Jeebus -- Dallas had the top scoring offense in the NFL last season and a top 10 defense, only to get bounced at home in the Wild Card round. Mike McCarthy blows.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Think the Jags will be a lot better, but still have a long way to go. They overpaid for free agents, but will still be able to get comfortably out of laughing stock territory.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can add me to the list of posters who think your take is significantly off base since you are doing that. Ryan is not better than Carr or Stafford, and it isn't close.

I do think you can argue that the Colts may be better with Ryan then they were last year with Wentz. Ryan has similar qualities to Rivers and those will play well in a weak division. Wentz is awful.

Cool. As is your right. As long as you don't make personal attacks as they did.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I agree with all of that.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Burrow is an extremely tough one for me. I love the way that he basically took a laughingstock organization and gave them a direction and purpose. As a pure quarterback though I think I want to see another year. I don't think he's going to transform into Mitchell Trubisky or anything, but he took a lot of hits and he has an extremely talented supporting cast at the skill positions.

We'll see on Wilson. I wonder if there's a reason that over and over and over again the Seattle coaching staff decided they didn't really want to Let Russ Cook. He'll turn 34 this season and he ran significantly less often in 2021 than he had in any prior year. No one knows more about Wilson than the Seahawks did, and they let him bounce.

Stafford has always been a big stats guy, but there's a lot of Kirk Cousins in his game.

I'd put Dak above all three of them, probably. He was less than a year removed from one of the most grisly on-field injuries we've seen in a long time and he still managed to pass for nearly 4500 yards. Jeebus -- Dallas had the top scoring offense in the NFL last season and a top 10 defense, only to get bounced at home in the Wild Card round. Mike McCarthy blows.

I was impressed with BUrrow's jump last year. he still holds the ball too long but the knock on him early was he wasn't good throwing downfield he lacked arm strength and he wasn't accurate, clearly those 2 knocks seem to have largely gone away. And it's also quite obvious why AJ Green's last year there was a problem, it wasn't just inaccuracy with Burrow it was AJ Green's penchant for not being where the QB thinks he'll be.

They should have improved their OL this year so with their WR group it will be interesting to see what happens, the way he holds the ball if they buy him another few tenths of a second on average they could start to look like the Warner led Rams. A poor man's version as they don't have Marshall Faulk.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose