Dan Orlovsky QB Rankings

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like the way Pat give him **** here. But no mention of Kyler. Not in Dan's top 2 (and only) tiers.

(FYI I think Orlovsky has been drinking heavily)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I totally agree with Orlovsky about Prescott. As for Murray he hasn't won anything so why would he be on either list? These lists are about those QBs who he believes can carry a team despite injuries or lack of talent at certain positions and those who can win when the talent is sufficient to support the QB.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dan included him in that 2nd tier in his tweets.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I totally agree with Orlovsky about Prescott. As for Murray he hasn't won anything so why would he be on either list? These lists are about those QBs who he believes can carry a team despite injuries or lack of talent at certain positions and those who can win when the talent is sufficient to support the QB.
There’s two QBs in that 1st tier that hasn’t won anything either so what is this logic?

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He's probably just in that 2nd tier but bordering on the top. It thought his words were harsh on Dak though. He basically said Dak only wins with loaded teams, but he went 13-3 as a rookie and his best receiver was Cole Beasley with 833 yards. He had the corpse of Jason Witten, the ghost of Dez Bryant, Brice Butler and Terrance Williams.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I have no issue with Kyler being in the second tier. It is very appropriate to this point. He will have plenty of opportunities to change this. Whether he does is up to him.

Dak, Kirk Cousins and Kyler are probably in their own fringe tier. I would argue Kyler is the most talented, but he is also the least accomplished in terms of the post-season.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Dak, Kirk Cousins and Kyler are probably in their own fringe tier. I would argue Kyler is the most talented, but he is also the least accomplished in terms of the post-season.

until the stink of last year's playoff game is erased -- K1 will have to wear it, fair or not.

i think recency is reflected in Orlovsky's rankins (and others) more than it should.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
He's probably just in that 2nd tier but bordering on the top. It thought his words were harsh on Dak though. He basically said Dak only wins with loaded teams, but he went 13-3 as a rookie and his best receiver was Cole Beasley with 833 yards. He had the corpse of Jason Witten, the ghost of Dez Bryant, Brice Butler and Terrance Williams.
but he also had arguably the best offensive line in football and a motivated Zeke in the backfield.

i think Dak is a very high end system QB --- think a better Jimmy G. They have to have very good protection and a strong running game.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
but he also had arguably the best offensive line in football and a motivated Zeke in the backfield.

i think Dak is a very high end system QB --- think a better Jimmy G. They have to have very good protection and a strong running game.

Sure, when they are all healthy, which they rarely were last year. Terrence Steel played 75% of snaps at tackle.

The year before PFF ranked them the 27th best O line. That's the year Dak was on fire and had 1856 yards and 12 TD's through 4 and a bit games.

I just think it's harsh to say it's the O line. Brady had very good O lines and strong running games most of his career, nobody ever said "It's his O line". Aaron Rodgers has generally had good O lines. Lamar has had great O lines.

I don't think he's wrong on Dak, I just though his reasoning was suspect.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have no issue with Kyler being in the second tier. It is very appropriate to this point. He will have plenty of opportunities to change this. Whether he does is up to him.

He didn’t have Kyler in the second tier. Which means he was at best considered third tier. I disagree with this take.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
It is my preference that Kyler be left off every media list. Bring all the disrespect
ill see that comment and raise you--

Murray shouldnt CARE AT ALL about rankings, he should care about playing better football. ( especially if he wants his dough )

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but no team will win "because of Burrow". I just haven't seen that yet. And definitely not Derek Carr.

As far as Kyler goes. I think it's best if he focuses on not cratering his production in the 2nd half of the season. But with Kliff.... I'm not so sure it's possible at this point.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but no team will win "because of Burrow". I just haven't seen that yet. And definitely not Derek Carr.

As far as Kyler goes. I think it's best if he focuses on not cratering his production in the 2nd half of the season. But with Kliff.... I'm not so sure it's possible at this point.
I don't believe I can disagree with this post more.

The Bengals have been terrible for years and suddenly, after drafting Burrow and in his second year, they go to the Super Bowl. Coming off a 4 win season. 55 sacks allowed by his trash offensive line (3rd worst in the NFL). 4611 tards passing and 34 tds. You don't equate that to the QB?

The Raiders season is rife with scandal leading to the removal of their HC and loss of one of their best WRs. Accusations of racism and a vehicular homicide case. Injuries abound with Waller and completely revamped OL, and Carr leads them to the playoffs. Hunter Renfrow was his best weapon offensively with 1038 yards. Carr threw for 4800 yards.

These are pretty much prime examples of QBs overcoming their circumstances and dragging their teams to the post season.

And before we lament that Kyler has to deal with Kliff...how are Rich Bisaccia and Zac Taylor better options?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I don't believe I can disagree with this post more.

The Bengals have been terrible for years and suddenly, after drafting Burrow and in his second year, they go to the Super Bowl. Coming off a 4 win season. 55 sacks allowed by his trash offensive line (3rd worst in the NFL). 4611 tards passing and 34 tds. You don't equate that to the QB?

The Raiders season is rife with scandal leading to the removal of their HC and loss of one of their best WRs. Accusations of racism and a vehicular homicide case. Injuries abound with Waller and completely revamped OL, and Carr leads them to the playoffs. Hunter Renfrow was his best weapon offensively with 1038 yards. Carr threw for 4800 yards.

These are pretty much prime examples of QBs overcoming their circumstances and dragging their teams to the post season.

And before we lament that Kyler has to deal with Kliff...how are Rich Bisaccia and Zac Taylor better options?
Thanks for saying what I was thinking.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

The Raiders won because of Derek Carr just last season

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Raiders won because of Derek Carr just last season

The guy is 31. He's had 8 seasons in the league and it was only his 2nd winning season and the only one you can say was "because of Carr".

I don't consider 1 in 8 worthy of changing the whole narrative on him.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The guy is 31. He's had 8 seasons in the league and it was only his 2nd winning season and the only one you can say was "because of Carr".

The narrative has been wrong on him from the beginning. Just Raider haters trying to stir up controversy where none existed. Their problem has never been Derek Carr.
31, yeah.... he could lead his team to the playoffs for the next 6-10 years... it's a good position to be in.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

is this another joke of yours?

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
is this another joke of yours?

No. How can Carr he possibly be a QB "you win because of" when he has 2 winning seasons in 8? He averages 24 TDs a season which is mediocre. He only even had 2 seasons with a passer rating over 100.

Gruden was trying to move on from him for years despite him being one of the lowest paid vets in the league. And nobody thought he was underpaid.

He had a good year last year and he's a fine QB but one year doesn't make him a "QB that makes you win".

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In Carr’s 3rd season, He was playing at an MVP level when he led the Raiders to 12-3 season before blowing his knee out one week before the season ended.

The team then went from contender to one of the most pathetic teams in the playoffs losing their last reg season game and then got destroyed by a mediocre Houston team.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Care played at an MVP level when he led the Raiders to 12-4 season before blowing his knee out one week before the season ended.

As I said. 2 winning seasons, and it was 6 years ago. This isn't about if he is a good QB or not. It's simply how can he be a QB that carries teams to wins when he has 2 winning seasons in 8?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose