OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like this for Kyler too. Cameras on him on the sideline. He can't be sat there sulking on his own as we have seen in the past. He's going to have to show his leadership and character.

However he appears in this will set people's minds on him for some time.
Ya the cameras are pretty much always on him anyway as QB1

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
They narrative could be partially manufactured but they don’t have evidence if Murray showed better body language on the sideline.
Agreed. It's like OTAs. He could have showed up and done nothing just to be there. Easy fix to say you wanted to be around your teammates but didn't want to risk injury since no new contract.

These aren't that tough to navigate.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does he not know the cameras are on him on the sideline now?

Weird take.

How much Kyler sideline footage have you seen in 3 years? 30 seconds total?

How much have you heard of what's being said? Zero.

And the tiny bit seen is nearly all by Cards fans.

How much will you see and hear on Hard Knocks? About 100x more and by the whole nation.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ya the cameras are pretty much always on him anyway as QB1

Not on the sideline and not with audio.

Did anyone watch the Colts one? They show tonnes of sideline footage the TV version doesn't and you hear everything said.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
How much Kyler sideline footage have you seen in 3 years? 30 seconds total?

How much have you heard of what's being said? Zero.

And the tiny bit seen is nearly all by Cards fans.

How much will you see and hear on Hard Knocks? About 100x more and by the whole nation.
He's Mic'd up at least once a year. What are you even talking about.

So your take is that Kyler knows that he's being heard by the hometown fans and doesn't care, but will care way more because he's on a premium cable show watched by maybe a few million people?

Again, strange take.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

So your take is that Kyler knows that he's being heard by the hometown fans and doesn't care, but will care way more because he's on a premium cable show watched by maybe a few million people?

Again, strange take.

LOL. Your answer is mic'd up once a year? The same mic'd up where all you hear is "Whoo. Let's go!" and then a lot of heavy breathing?

The only thing strange is your in ability to grasp the difference between mic'd up and a few seconds of bench footage vs full audio recordings and vastly more footage of everything said and done on the sideline between players and coaches.

Weird you can't see the difference.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Again, strange take.
That footage is heavily edited by the team, they never show anything remotely negative. HBO has to show what they film.

When budda was knocked out and the entire team gathered around him on the field, it wasn’t until a fan posted pic of k1 sitting alone on the bench that we knew that.

Way more happens then what tv cameras catch, and infinitely more when we have audio. I don’t know if it will make k1 act any different, but we are gonna have a lot more insight to him after this series

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
LOL. Your answer is mic'd up once a year? The same mic'd up where all you hear is "Whoo. Let's go!" and then a lot of heavy breathing?

The only thing strange is your in ability to grasp the difference between mic'd up and a few seconds of bench footage vs full audio recordings and vastly more footage of everything said and done on the sideline between players and coaches.

Weird you can't see the difference.

That footage is heavily edited by the team, they never show anything remotely negative. HBO has to show what they film.

When budda was knocked out and the entire team gathered around him on the field, it wasn’t until a fan posted pic of k1 sitting alone on the bench that we knew that.

Way more happens then what tv cameras catch, and infinitely more when we have audio. I don’t know if it will make k1 act any different, but we are gonna have a lot more insight to him after this series
You guys are children if you think that NFL teams and the Shield don’t have a ton of — if not absolute — say on what goes in and out of an episode of hard knocks.

Hilarious.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You guys are children if you think that NFL teams and the Shield don’t have a ton of — if not absolute — say on what goes in and out of an episode of hard knocks.

Hilarious.
a lot of guys have come out of hard knocks not looking so great.

hbo/nfl can't change a guys personality for them

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

He wasn’t alone. He was there with a coach and McCoy.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Hilarious.

Are the team going to allow footage that nobody knows about of Kyler cussing out Kliff? No.

Can they change Kyler's personality? Also no.

Not sure how hard this is to understand.

If Kyler does his normal moping on the sidelines between series he's going to come across very poorly on national TV. Something not many have picked up on at the moment outside Cards fans because it doesn't get shown much on TV.

That's going to change.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Are the team going to allow footage that nobody knows about of Kyler cussing out Kliff? No.

Can they change Kyler's personality? Also no.

Not sure how hard this is to understand.

If Kyler does his normal moping on the sidelines between series he's going to come across very poorly on national TV. Something not many have picked up on at the moment outside Cards fans because it doesn't get shown much on TV.

That's going to change.
I guess. I mean, if it takes being embarrassed on national TV (again) for him to change his attitude/personality, I'm sure that THIS time it's going to work.

When people show you who they are, believe them.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess. I mean, if it takes being embarrassed on national TV (again) for him to change his attitude/personality, I'm sure that THIS time it's going to work.

When people show you who they are, believe them.

We have no idea who he is from the minor glimpses we have had

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
We have no idea who he is from the minor glimpses we have had
I honestly don’t care much who he is off the field. I took Mike Vicks side against the dogs. I thought Jay Cutler was hilarious. I only care about Kyler’s personality inasmuch as it impacts the Cards’ ability to win football games during the regular season and then the playoffs.

Does it bug me that Kyler doesn’t tip valets? Yeah, but no more than if my buddy didn’t tip one — probably less.

Does it bug me if Kyler can’t or won’t communicate to his teammates what he wants them to do until after disaster strikes against the Green Bay Packers? Heck yeah brother.

Even if Kyler reveals himself onscreen as being the finger-pointer he was reported to be this off-season, the usual suspects will still defend him as the best young QB this team has had in its history.

I just have doubts that will be enough to get this team where I want it to be.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I honestly don’t care much who he is off the field. I took Mike Vicks side against the dogs. I thought Jay Cutler was hilarious. I only care about Kyler’s personality inasmuch as it impacts the Cards’ ability to win football games during the regular season and then the playoffs.

Does it bug me that Kyler doesn’t tip valets? Yeah, but no more than if my buddy didn’t tip one — probably less.

Does it bug me if Kyler can’t or won’t communicate to his teammates what he wants them to do until after disaster strikes against the Green Bay Packers? Heck yeah brother.

Even if Kyler reveals himself onscreen as being the finger-pointer he was reported to be this off-season, the usual suspects will still defend him as the best young QB this team has had in its history.

I just have doubts that will be enough to get this team where I want it to be.

This is my point. We have little idea who Kyler actually is. People take what they want from the snippets we hear and spin the narrative they want. And those snippets are already rumor in the first place.

There are swathes of people on this board who think they know what Kyler is (me included) but it's all from smoke and mirrors. For example, we all predominantly think Kyler doesn't study enough. Yet in the McAfee interview yesterday Kiem said Kyler is a film junkie and watches a lot of film with team mates. Is Keim blowing smoke? Or are we all wrong?

Hard Knocks will help to settle a lot of that.

I just hope they don't call him "The Gingerbread Man" again, which is what they referred to him as in the Colts - Cards episode last season.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This is my point. We have little idea who Kyler actually is. People take what they want from the snippets we hear and spin the narrative they want. And those snippets are already rumor in the first place.

There are swathes of people on this board who think they know what Kyler is (me included) but it's all from smoke and mirrors. For example, we all predominantly think Kyler doesn't study enough. Yet in the McAfee interview yesterday Kiem said Kyler is a film junkie and watches a lot of film with team mates. Is Keim blowing smoke? Or are we all wrong?

Hard Knocks will help to settle a lot of that.

I just hope they don't call him "The Gingerbread Man" again, which is what they referred to him as in the Colts - Cards episode last season.
It’s hilarious that you think that Hard Knocks will give anything but a highly filtered and sanitized version that will only show what the Cards and the Shield wants you to see. All the preexising narratives will be fed.

People say Kyler doesn’t watch film because that’s what he told the Paper of Record. Honestly, how would Keim know?

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
First time I've ever heard of JJ Watt being called the Cringe King. I mean I've heard him called the 2017 Walter Payton Man of the Year for his efforts raising money to rebuild Houston after Hurricane Harvey. But Cringe King??? Come on man that is pathetic.
pathetic? You must not be on twitter or pay attention to sports media outside of AZ.

JJ himself has owned up to his cringey habits, especially after the #HeyJJ campaign that the internet trolled him with 3 or 4 years ago. He's corny and he would tell you the same but sure... he's an infallible superstar and Madcard wont put up with any jokes, got it!
He is a great dude and has done some amazing things for the communities he's played in but there is room for jokes and recognizing reality.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s hilarious that you think that Hard Knocks will give anything but a highly filtered and sanitized version that will only show what the Cards and the Shield wants you to see. All the preexising narratives will be fed.

People say Kyler doesn’t watch film because that’s what he told the Paper of Record. Honestly, how would Keim know?

You're right. We've never learned anything about players from Hard Knocks.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
if you think that NFL teams and the Shield don’t have a ton of — if not absolute — say on what goes in and out of an episode of hard knocks.
HBO knows they only have to embarrass an owner or two and the deal ends.

of all the years of Hard Knocks -- has anyone of substance been portrayed in a negative light? Honest question

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
HBO knows they only have to embarrass an owner or two and the deal ends.

of all the years of Hard Knocks -- has anyone of substance been portrayed in a negative light? Honest question
Jeff Fisher.
His self pitying announcement about his firing to the team, diminished him, in my opinion. After almost 5 years of failure in creating a winning Rams team, displaying self pity on HARD KNOCKS was repugnant.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Jeff Fisher.
His self pitying announcement about his firing to the team, diminished him, in my opinion. After almost 5 years of failure in creating a winning Rams team, displaying self pity on HARD KNOCKS was repugnant.
That was All or Nothing

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You're right. We've never learned anything about players from Hard Knocks.

Brah, what was your key takeaway here that was like, "Imma checkmate K9 here"? Vince Wilfork showing off for the cameras? Clips from when the Ravens were on during the George W Bush Administration?

This helps support my point that there's entertainment value to be gained from watching this stuff, but very little of substance.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brah, what was your key takeaway here that was like, "Imma checkmate K9 here"? Vince Wilfork showing off for the cameras? Clips from when the Ravens were on during the George W Bush Administration?

This helps support my point that there's entertainment value to be gained from watching this stuff, but very little of substance.

All I've ever said is we get to see Kyler's true personality and how he behaves around the players and on the sideline.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose