The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blowouts galore in these playoffs. Definitely sucks.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh why even make this argument? To try to make yourself feel better? They got absolutely asswhomped and quit. Fluke or not, they quit. That game counts. It’s emblazoned on everyone’s minds as the last “performance” of the “great” team. If it makes you feel better to call it a fluke go ahead, but you are the way you play, so that game 7 is a part of their portfolio. And given what it represented, an epic failure and their ticket to go fishing, it’s unfortunately a large segment of their portfolio.
Who said it doesn’t count? Who said it wasn’t an ass whoopin? Who said it’s not part of their portfolio? Absolutely all of that can be true.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As the local twitter guy said Sunday night, Porter is doubtful for tonights game. sounds like they're hopeful he can play in a game 5 if there is one.

Again the left foot is the one he had massive issues with in Chicago had a fracture that was one of those hairline fractures that just wouldn't heal correctly.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Otto Porter officially out tonight
Y’all don’t need him to sweep this trash heap into the bin.

And you’ll prob get a week of rest for him as the Heat and Celtics beat the crap out of each other.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Y’all don’t need him to sweep this trash heap into the bin.

And you’ll prob get a week of rest for him as the Heat and Celtics beat the crap out of each other.

I would hope we can win 1 more game without him more concerned about the next round. It is a problem though with Payton out too. Lee was unplayable the last 2 games. JTA was bad and nearly started a fight with Luka. Kuminga very talented but just not ready for this level in the playoffs. That's why Kerr has gone to Moody the last 2 games he's not doing anything special he's just not making mistakes.

It's pretty clear Iggy's not going to be back anytime soon if at all this year so the list of playable guys off the bench is getting small.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reading online that Steve Kerr is actually asking the NBA to postpone tonights game because it's in Texas. he apparently said after the buffalo shooting his guys told him if they had a game that day or the next they would have unanimously voted to boycott the game.

My guess is they will still play the game and I'll probably watch just to take my mind off the shooting.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luka switches on to Steph, Steph goes by him to his left, Luka sticks out his knee and tries to trip Steph again. It's not a coincidence ref he's doing it on purpose

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m actually happy we lost the last round. GS would have annihilated us in 5 games Max and woulda been jawing at us the whole time.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
The Warriors don’t seem very serious about closing this game out tonight

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
They said Klay was upset about going out. Well maybe if he would make a shot

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Warriors don’t seem very serious about closing this game out tonight

It's an excuse but the players didn't want to play tonight. In Kerr's speech before the game he hinted at it, we're going to go out and play a game because that's what we do but I'm sick and tired of this. But apparently Kerr told the NBA he wanted them to postpone the game and they declined.

I would imagine the players are well aware of that.

Mavs playing great shooting the lights out.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot to post this earlier got distracted by the shooting.

Before the previous game the refs approached Theo Pinson and asked him to change the white shirt he had on because they believed the Mavs were doing it on purpose to distract the Warriors with the Mavs players on the court so much. Pinson agreed to do it but instead, he put a white sweatshirt on over the white tshirt and wore it the entire game. The refs apparently do NOT have authority to order him to change it. Apparently there was no fine after game 3 despite them repeatedly being on the floor.

He's wearing the white sweatshirt again tonight but the Warriors are wearing blue so I'm assuming it's intentional so they have plausible deniability for him doing it during game 3.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I’m going to be hella pissed if they have to return to Dallas.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose