Glendale Ending Coyotes lease after 21-22 season

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect there will be a lot of fans from other markets extremely interested in seeing their teams in this format.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I suspect there will be a lot of fans from other markets extremely interested in seeing their teams in this format.

I'm not sure - it's never been difficult to get good seats and I've done it for a lot less

The view isn't any different, do 5,000 fans provide a better atmosphere than 15,000?

It's hard to gauge at this point.

I think it would be interesting to check out, but I've sat all over the building to see my preferred out of market team - can't really say that I'm itching to pay that premium

You can get lower ends/sides for under $100 on a standard single game ticket that would be within the scope of the going forward seating

Multiply the increase by a family of 4 and it gets real spendy

I'm sure they have research and are trying to make up for the lowered capacity, but seems a bit risky

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have friends that are season ticket holders (family of three) and they were already saying that if the price increased too much, they'd bail.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure - it's never been difficult to get good seats and I've done it for a lot less

The view isn't any different, do 5,000 fans provide a better atmosphere than 15,000?

It's hard to gauge at this point.

I think it would be interesting to check out, but I've sat all over the building to see my preferred out of market team - can't really say that I'm itching to pay that premium

You can get lower ends/sides for under $100 on a standard single game ticket that would be within the scope of the going forward seating

Multiply the increase by a family of 4 and it gets real spendy

I'm sure they have research and are trying to make up for the lowered capacity, but seems a bit risky

The market is already strained, so I don't know what to expect from the locals. Undoubtedly, there will be those who are going to be upset with a price increase.

The atmosphere will be quite unique, though. Back at AWA, I used to love buying tickets in the Coors light zone or something like that. Because of the basketball layout, there was an area on one end that only had room for a few rows with a big overhang. This overhang blocked out the rest of the normal arena noise and bounced the sound from the ice directly towards that section. You could hear just about everything that was being said on the ice. I really got a different sense of what the communication between the players on the ice was because of it and made for a really exciting experience. All that to say, there might be something similar here. Another example might be the difference between seeing your favorite band at a small venue vs. an arena.

Time will tell. If something can go wrong, I'm sure the Coyotes will make sure it does. :thud:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This at a time when the Suns are taking sports dollars out of the market place. Most casual sports fans are going to Suns games right now. Maybe if there are a lot of empty seats there will be a lot of specials!

NoelPHX

Space for Sale
Reaction score
Its sad to see the Yotes in this state. Got to go to a few games on the glass as a teen at AWA, a game or two in Glendale but then I moved to Vegas. I left Phoenix a Yotes fan but took up the Golden Knights while in Vegas and now that I'm back in Phoenix, it makes seeing the current state of the Yotes even more depressing.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its sad to see the Yotes in this state. Got to go to a few games on the glass as a teen at AWA, a game or two in Glendale but then I moved to Vegas. I left Phoenix a Yotes fan but took up the Golden Knights while in Vegas and now that I'm back in Phoenix, it makes seeing the current state of the Yotes even more depressing.

Quite the juxtaposition there! One org that did everything near perfect from the beginning versus one that did nearly everything wrong from the start and has been shooting itself in the face for years.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this real? I really hope so!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Omg, it's real!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media