Suns @ Pelicans Sunday Playoff game thread 4-24-2022 - Game 4

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is where we put someone quicker, not bigger or long on Ingram, bring the double with someone else to avoid Ingram getting to his spots. Quicker defender limits Ingram from putting the ball on the floor. He's shooting over everyone right now. He's not going to bang on someone shorter than him.

This puts the best defender on McC which takes away from him as it seems Ingram is going to get his.

Who do you suggest because I don't see that player on the Suns roster. The closest we might have is Cam Payne but he'd be destroyed by Ingram.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was responding to a post implying that switching Bridges onto Ingram would help. I don't think that it will.
I think Bridges might be able to make him work harder. Not sure we could ask for more.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who do you suggest because I don't see that player on the Suns roster. The closest we might have is Cam Payne but he'd be destroyed by Ingram.

Holiday has the strength to come in and focus on Ingram without worry about fouls. His shooting cant be worse than Payne. Has he even played the last 3 months though?

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Put Ish W on Ingram he's a big dude at least he would have to go around him instead of through him.
Plus Ish is as close as we have to a REAL PF.

I'm not gonna harp on it but I said at the START of the year we will need a PF for the playoffs.
Regular season was fine but in the playoffs we are missing that part, and it shows.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put Ish W on Ingram he's a big dude at least he would have to go around him instead of through him.

Craig defending from behind doesn't work on Ingram or anyone else. I think I would put Bridges on him.

Most of McCollum's damage comes from outside.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You want to put holiday on Ingram?ingram has 8-10 inches on him.

He has less on Bridges but still scoring, heck he's scoring on anyone right now. We negate the others, make Ingram work against quicker guys. We cant just keep putting Bridges on him and hope he misses at this point. We need to give Ingram different defensive looks.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He has less on Bridges but still scoring, heck he's scoring on anyone right now. We negate the others, make Ingram work against quicker guys. We cant just keep putting Bridges on him and hope he misses at this point. We need to give Ingram different defensive looks.
Bridges has been primarily attached to McCollum.

But regardless I don’t think the answer is to play a guy almost a foot shorter than ingram.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We did finally give Ingram some different looks. He was finally doubled a few times last night. I swear though the refs have their mind made up when it comes to fouls on the suns vs Ingram.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
You guys really need to stop bitchin about the refs. It’s officially pathetic now. They suck. And they make sucky calls on both teams. We get it.
A win or loss won’t be due to the refs. The Suns have to figure out how to deal with Luka. And now that Brunson and Bullock are playing well, the Suns officially have their hands full.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You guys really need to stop bitchin about the refs. It’s officially pathetic now. They suck. And they make sucky calls on both teams. We get it.
A win or loss won’t be due to the refs. The Suns have to figure out how to deal with Luka. And now that Brunson and Bullock are playing well, the Suns officially have their hands full.
Along with Booker needing to shut his yap and just play..

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This teams tissue soft.. someone needs to hard foul their ass. Just like last year..we needed stuff that go us upset. They get way too complacent at times.. mostly cause they don have the muscle.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are playing ******* 8 on 5. Sucks you can see that