Suns @ Pelicans Sunday Playoff game thread 4-24-2022 - Game 4

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
No. Booker alone can't make literally the rest of the team shoot/play better. They're in such a massive funk that there's absolutely no way they can win anything meaningful.
Yes he can. The Pelicans don’t have to guard Book when he’s in street clothes.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I loved the last two months of fans gassing up the Suns players for awards, talking about the team's historical greatness and ignoring the reality that they were barely winning and getting worse as the season progressed. This series has not been surprising at all to anyone paying attention.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG. Payne’s terrible play isn’t enough. He has to add stupid to it. The Suns better make an adjustment or they are in trouble.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s 2-2 and half the board wants to kill themselves.
I would feel a lot better if suns were playing well, but this is the playoffs and this is the worst they have looked all season.

there is every reason to be very worried.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Payne sucks and keeps playing major minutes. Crowder sucks and keeps playing major minutes. Pelicans crushing Suns in the blocks but Suns refuse to play bigger lineup.

All of this is on Monry the Clown. If the Suns lose to the 8th seed, it's on Mellow Monty. But I'm sure he will have some words of encouragement for Willie Green and his underdog team for punking him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No. Booker alone can't make literally the rest of the team shoot/play better. They're in such a massive funk that there's absolutely no way they can win anything meaningful.
Actually he can. It’s a trickle down effect. When he’s on the court he takes the best defender that’s presently covering a lesser offensive player, which means everyone is now covered by a slightly worse defender. He also creates more gravity which means players have more room to operate, particularly driving to the basket.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If suns lose in phoenix im gonna break something lol

Very rough gm

Maybe team meeting? Bef next

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns could have used a backup point guard tonight.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First it was Frank last year riding the bench until we had tried every other possible option and now Monty is doing the same thing at the backup PG.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would feel a lot better if suns were playing well, but this is the playoffs and this is the worst they have looked all season.

there is every reason to be very worried.
If we lose in the first round, this would feel like the most meaningless regular season ever. Listen, I want us to win a title but if we’re gonna lose, at least lose playing Suns basketball. New Orleans isn’t better than us, but they sure as hell are playing like it.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Anyone have real complaints about Monty other than "Crowder/Payne shouldn't play"? Who should play? These are the only players the have and they're all playing like crap.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no excuses. We are getting outworked by a bunch of rookies. I thought we were the deepest team in the NBA?!!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
OMG. Payne’s terrible play isn’t enough. He has to add stupid to it. The Suns better make an adjustment or they are in trouble.
The only possible adjustment is to play Holiday over Payne. But the problem with that is Holiday hasn’t had much live action… It’d be a risk… but perhaps one worth trying.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Alvarado needs two of these.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard