Suns @ Pelicans Sunday Playoff game thread 4-24-2022 - Game 4

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns win game 3 on Friday in New Orleans against the Pelicans.

They play again on Sunday before returning home to Phoenix to play game 5 on Tuesday.

The game will be televised on Bally Sports Arizona and TNT.

Start time is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Arizona time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul says it was a plus to win on Friday shooting so poorly. If they get the same open looks on Sunday they should be able to produce.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
OK is everyone BACK on the band wagon. Ill forgive ya for falling off this time but no more.
Just like we've ALL been saying ALL year long let DA touch the ball. Get him involved, there is no reason in hell that he should have so few plays drawn up for him.
Yes he makes bone headed plays sometimes but if he gets Bookers touches he could produce like tonight more often.

TBO I was worried before the game, but the ways this team finds to win boggles the mind.
The Pels needed that win. They brought the A game it was the biggest game many of them have been in. They really played their butts off.

Crushing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We just need to hit some of the shots that are good looks created! If we do that it’s not close real…
Yeah, if we just hit our normal 3 point percentage we would have had 18-21 points more in last nights game, in other words it would have been a blow out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta fix their uninspiring 3rd quarters. We're +9 in the 1st, +26 in the 2nd and +4 in the 4th and -33 in the 3rd quarter in the series.

The Pelicans always seem to have good 3rd quarters. I heard this early on.

The Suns need to figure out why and slow them down a bit.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I know he's innocent until guilty, but I wonder how this plays with our WNBA counterparts?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Chris Paul is going to have to carry a much larger scoring load regardless of Booker playing or not. Especially if the other guys aren't getting out of their slump. Shamet, Craig & Johnson all need to find their shot because if they don't we might not make it past the Pelicans even if Ayton, Paul & Bridges are playing well.

Also, why is Aaron Holiday not getting minutes? He's provided offense off the bench since coming over after trade deadline and we should be looking for offense everywhere if everyone else is cold.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul is going to have to carry a much larger scoring load regardless of Booker playing or not. Especially if the other guys aren't getting out of their slump. Shamet, Craig & Johnson all need to find their shot because if they don't we might not make it past the Pelicans even if Ayton, Paul & Bridges are playing well.

Also, why is Aaron Holiday not getting minutes? He's provided offense off the bench since coming over after trade deadline and we should be looking for offense everywhere if everyone else is cold.
Aaron Holiday landing in Monty’s doghouse is almost as mystifying as Monty’s timeout use or lack thereof when big runs are obviously coming against us.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Monty has two glaring weaknesses in his coaching

Use of timeouts

Not using his bench during the playoffs

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Also, aside from Ayton needing to be more aggressive getting touches and demanding the ball more, I believe Bridges needs to be more aggressive offensively because he shows he has the midrange offense to give us a lift, too!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's a puzzler about Holiday. He is point guard and shooting guard wrapped up in one package. I think he could give the Suns more offensive punch. I've mentioned more than once I'd like to see a Payne and Holiday backcourt.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Aaron Holiday landing in Monty’s doghouse is almost as mystifying as Monty’s timeout use or lack thereof when big runs are obviously coming against us.
It's a puzzler about Holiday. He is point guard and shooting guard wrapped up in one package. I think he could give the Suns more offensive punch. I've mentioned more than once I'd like to see a Payne and Holiday backcourt.
I can't imagine Monty wanting to shorten his rotation when we are this deep. Biyombo also hasn't seen the floor that much this series as well. I know we are 3 deep at C but if Monty wanted to go bigger with Ayton and Biyombo that could help with rebounding.

Holiday isn't a liability defensively so not sure like either of you why he wasn't on floor at all in Game 3 without Booker.

Also, aside from Ayton needing to be more aggressive getting touches and demanding the ball more, I believe Bridges needs to be more aggressive offensively because he shows he has the midrange offense to give us a lift, too!
I agree that Ayton needs to be more consistent, 10 point games aren't going to cut it in playoffs especially since he is much more talented than most C's he is going to go up against in the West this post season (GS is ousting DEN & Jokic). I think the wings becoming trigger happy with 3's is the problem. Paul and Ayton need to work the 2 man game more and kick out to open shooters, Ayton is never going to be demanding of the ball so Paul is going to have to force the issue with him getting shots.

I mentioned its going to be a challenge for Bridges to carry more of a load offensively when he is guarding the opponent's best player every game. Of course, he got his extension with the belief that he could be a great 2 way player. Until Booker gets back Bridges, Ayton & Paul need to step it up offensively with Johnson, Shamet, Craig, Payne, etc providing the support.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
From most of us. Lol I see cheese basically answered the same way
I think Monty maybe suffers from the same kind of tunnel vision that D'Antoni had... he has one way of doing things, is absolutely convinced it's always the best way, and when it doesn't work, there is no plan B.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker putting up some shots.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker didn't do anything in practice other than putting up a few shots.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose