Suns @ Pelicans Friday Playoff game thread 4-22-2022 - Game 3

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yupp. There was a quote where he said he’s the best center in the league….ok do it night after night after night DA. If you miss a couple, don’t let that deflate your confidence.

Look I love Book but he has had Wayyy more bad shooting nights than DA. Do you think he cares if he misses? Heck no lol. DA’s only issue is between the ears. Once he figures that side of the game out he’ll be a perennial All-Star/All-NBA center.
I mean, I completely agree...but one little nit pick. That's what every athletic big man's issue is in this league. If they all had that Shaq mentality in the lane, most would be unstoppable. That fear holds most of these bigs up nowadays IMO. I guess it's just the nature of the beast. Basketball gods give all that tenacity to the little guys to balance it all out... ;)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this is the play that started the meltdown with Jaxson Hayes.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do we need to get pumped up after last night's win. The answer is yes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is better look at the play where Jaxson Hayes was deservedly ejected.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think Ingrahm is a harder guard when he can get to his midrange spots. He just does like KD and rises over the defender. When he's on, he's pretty much unstoppable. When that happens, you just have to go all out on ball denial.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love that it was Mikal giving Jaxson some lip after that dunk. He's usually pretty mild mannered

No telling what would have happened if Alvarado hadn't pushed Bridges away.... I'm talking about Hayes.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Here is better look at the play where Jaxson Hayes was deservedly ejected.

Watching that in slow motion I see why the Refs made it a flagrant 2. You can see it was his intention just to run over Crowder, which was totally NOT a basketball move.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching that in slow motion I see why the Refs made it a flagrant 2. You can see it was his intention just to run over Crowder, which was totally NOT a basketball move.

Eddie Johnson was saying Crowder should have stayed on the floor, rolling around, clutching his head, etc. You know Eddie.

I enjoyed those remarks but that's what Crowder should have done. The referees made the right call anyway.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Eddie Johnson was saying Crowder should have stayed on the floor, rolling around, clutching his head, etc. You know Eddie.

I enjoyed those remarks but that's what Crowder should have done. The referees made the right call anyway.
I heard that, and I don't disagree. He should have made them stretcher him off the floor, and then miraculously made it back into the game! I cannot believe Crowder got a tech!! Crowder was not doing anything on that play, to cause Hayes to act like he did. I thought that was lame by the refs.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I love EJ. No chance Crowder sells a hit like that though, unless maybe a PG ran into him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone and their mothers know that Paul is going going to put this team on his back in the 4th, which makes it that much more impressive that he does it so well. You can see teams try to slow him down or stop him but he doesn't care, he's playing chess with how he'll find his spot or get someone else in position to score.

That has to be deflating to watch happen as a Pelicans fan, as well as every other franchise that has fallen victim to him doing that. Kind of glad the Suns sucked throughout his prime so we didn't have to suffer watching him kill us.
We’re pretty lucky to have a closer like CP3. This franchise has never really had that, perpetually losing more clutch games than I can even remember at this point because we couldn’t get good shots.
I think Ingrahm is a harder guard when he can get to his midrange spots. He just does like KD and rises over the defender. When he's on, he's pretty much unstoppable. When that happens, you just have to go all out on ball denial.
they have to start forcing him left. He ALWAYS goes right and gets to his spot. Need to break that avenue off because he will not be nearly as successful going left.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I heard that, and I don't disagree. He should have made them stretcher him off the floor, and then miraculously made it back into the game! I cannot believe Crowder got a tech!! Crowder was not doing anything on that play, to cause Hayes to act like he did. I thought that was lame by the refs.
Eh we have no idea what he was shouting while approaching jaxson and pointing. You get technicals for verbal stuff too

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Eh we have no idea what he was shouting while approaching jaxson and pointing. You get technicals for verbal stuff too
I get that. That would have been the play previously though. This play, he was not really covering Hayes that tightly, and was mostly looking to rebound the ball at the end of that play. I am thinking on that particular play, I can see Crowder having a beef he did anything to provoke Hayes that warranted a technical.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I get that. That would have been the play previously though. This play, he was not really covering Hayes that tightly, and was mostly looking to rebound the ball at the end of that play. I am thinking on that particular play, I can see Crowder having a beef he did anything to provoke Hayes that warranted a technical.
I’m talking after when he got up and started going after Hayes pointing at him and had to be restrained. Who knows what he said that could’ve been considered escalating.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Facts are facts… as much as I don’t like it. The Pels are simply outplaying, out-hustling and out-working the Suns...Maybe it’s the matchup. So maybe this is what it will be the entire series.
But I am definitely not cozy being outplayed in every critical metric, and relying on CP3 to bail us out 4 times. He can do it of course. And he might be on his way to doing it… but it’s not the most comfy way to watch your team win a first round series against an 8 seed…

exactly right! and the post that called your post the "dumbest ever" was a needlessly antagonistic knee-JERK reaction.

Paul is consistently the best closer in the game. But if it takes him giving us about 20 4th quarter points another 2 times, we are going to lose. No one could do that. Not Lebron, not Curry, etc..

Ayton stepped his game up last night. we need him to do that another 2 times. and at a minimum, other players MUST give us what they've given us most of the season.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t believe the red standing right there totally missed it. It’s right in front of him.

If Chris Paul hadn't so vehemently protested the play would have probably never been reviewed.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I love that it was Mikal giving Jaxson some lip after that dunk. He's usually pretty mild mannered
Mikal has become quite the trash talker the last couple of years. he loves talking to the opposing teams bench after draining a 3, and does it with a smile. I would love to hear him be wired for sound.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose