Suns @ Pelicans Friday Playoff game thread 4-22-2022 - Game 3

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton saying next man up. Devin Booker kept telling him to score.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let’s be honest we shot and played badly outside a few players, CP3 being the best abs most clutch. This has to be a gut shot to them that we beat them without our best player while playing poorly in their first home playoff game! I mean they had momentum coming off game 2 and Booker out they had their shot and we took it anyway! Hopefully this fires us up even more and we come out stronger and actually make some shots In the next game. If we hit anything this would have been a comfortable win!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As I said, quite clearly I thought… by any other non-Point God measure, they have outplayed the Suns. Literally, every vital metric is in their favor… with one exception, Chris Freakin Paul.
If not for CP3, we’re down 3-0.
But we have cp3.

seems like you are just trying to be negative. We all have eyes, we know our bench and 3 pt shooting sucks lately

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In this series Ayton has hit as many 3s(3)

As Bridges, Crowder, Craig, Payne and Shamet combined(3)

What the hell happened to this team
Can’t continue, that’s a positive.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Jaxon Hayes better not be on the court on Sunday. Dirty ass POS

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
yes they out rebounded us, but we created way more turn overs then them and that means no rebound was available. this notion of them out playing us, when we are up 2 games to 1 is Just plain stupid.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yes they out rebounded us, but we created way more turn overs then them and that means no rebound was available. this notion of them out playing us, when we are up 2 games to 1 is Just plain stupid.

If we hit even 30% of our wiiiiide open three point shots we would have ran them out of the building, unlike in the 2nd half of game 2, there is not question that we out hustled and out played them tonight.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know comfortable wins are nice but I almost prefer the gritty ugly wins in the postseason. It's who can steal those games that end up winning series. Learned that back when the Spurs used to take us to school annually.

I also want to add that Chris Paul deserves every little bit of the Hall of Fame talk about him. It's a bit weird to hear that stuff about an active player but he continues to prove he's the best PG of the last 2-3 decades, possibly ever. I know winning matters and not having a ring it's hard to say he's the best PG of all time but I truly believe winning even 1 might just get him that label.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The only fact that matters is the scoreboard.

Suns aren't playing anywhere near their capability, missing Devin Booker and still winning. It's what they do.

Chris Paul knows how to finish games.
100%! I am merely pointing out that we are winning, despite being outplayed all over the court. #pointgod. #montycancoach.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
In this series Ayton has hit as many 3s(3)

As Bridges, Crowder, Craig, Payne and Shamet combined(3)

What the hell happened to this team
Some of the Suns just seem to have lost their confidence. Watching how there was some players over passing as if no one wanted to take the shot. Hand clap to CP3, Ayton, and JaVale for giving us enough to win this much needed win game. We just got to win two more even if they are ugly wins while Booker recovers and get back to Suns ball again, one game at a time and win this 1st championship for a NBA Championship starved city of Phoenix because they can do it!!!

Last edited:

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He's a rookie that got WORKED by seasoned Vets hook, line and sinker and then got butthurt.
We could use some more of that. Our team needs an enforcer like Rodman but Crowder is making a good showing of it.
He’s a third year player. He came in with Zion. I watched Hayes as I live in Austin, TX. Kid has unreal athleticism but doesn’t know the intricacies of the game.

That foul on Crowder was dangerous. He put all his might into it.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton saying next man up. Devin Booker kept telling him to score.

This makes me happy. I think every single one of us here yells at Ayton on TV to score. It's good to see that Booker yells at him to score as well.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This makes me happy. I think every single one of us here yells at Ayton on TV to score. It's good to see that Booker yells at him to score as well.
Agree. I’d like to see Ayton actually make three steps next season:

1. Develop more consistency. With everything.
2. Begin to develop at least pragmatic handles so he can really take advantage of his shooting ability and the slow footed behemoths he faces off against. If he could pump fake those guys into the air and drive around them he’s be unstoppable.
3. Become more vocal and demand the ball. I can’t recall who the announcer was last night but she said when he was rolling and then missed two bunnies in the fourth they went away from him and she would’ve liked to have seen him say “I’m not missing again, get me the damn ball.” Not it’s tough to see Ayton do that with his personality, but I think the whole team (including Paul) would respect that and get on board. It would also reflect a tremendous growth in Ayton’s confidence (and not the misplaced confidence of stuff like “DominAyton”).

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Everyone and their mothers know that Paul is going going to put this team on his back in the 4th, which makes it that much more impressive that he does it so well. You can see teams try to slow him down or stop him but he doesn't care, he's playing chess with how he'll find his spot or get someone else in position to score.

That has to be deflating to watch happen as a Pelicans fan, as well as every other franchise that has fallen victim to him doing that. Kind of glad the Suns sucked throughout his prime so we didn't have to suffer watching him kill us.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns were simply more focused. Attention was paid to rebounding. Lazy games 1 and 2, this time they went for those 50/50 balls that gave them extra possessions that the Pels were hungry for.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Agree. I’d like to see Ayton actually make three steps next season:

1. Develop more consistency. With everything.
2. Begin to develop at least pragmatic handles so he can really take advantage of his shooting ability and the slow footed behemoths he faces off against. If he could pump fake those guys into the air and drive around them he’s be unstoppable.
3. Become more vocal and demand the ball. I can’t recall who the announcer was last night but she said when he was rolling and then missed two bunnies in the fourth they went away from him and she would’ve liked to have seen him say “I’m not missing again, get me the damn ball.” Not it’s tough to see Ayton do that with his personality, but I think the whole team (including Paul) would respect that and get on board. It would also reflect a tremendous growth in Ayton’s confidence (and not the misplaced confidence of stuff like “DominAyton”).
Yupp. There was a quote where he said he’s the best center in the league….ok do it night after night after night DA. If you miss a couple, don’t let that deflate your confidence.

Look I love Book but he has had Wayyy more bad shooting nights than DA. Do you think he cares if he misses? Heck no lol. DA’s only issue is between the ears. Once he figures that side of the game out he’ll be a perennial All-Star/All-NBA center.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave