Suns @ Pelicans Friday Playoff game thread 4-22-2022 - Game 3

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I said, quite clearly I thought… by any other non-Point God measure, they have outplayed the Suns. Literally, every vital metric is in their favor… with one exception, Chris Freakin Paul.
If not for CP3, we’re down 3-0
Well, we are really screwed if CP3 decides not to keep playing for us the rest of the series.

I mean, this is the single dumbest argument I think I’ve ever seen on this board… which is saying a ton considering people here used to defend McD!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton with 28 points and 17 rebounds.

Chris Paul with 28 points and 14 assists.

Ingram had a nice run but Paul and Ayton were the best 2 players on the court tonight. As big as Ayton was on offense and on the glass he was great defensively, tipped several passes, got credit for only one block but he altered a lot of shots and on Paul's tear at the end of the game, virtually every basket he scored was preceded by Ayton setting a screen.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ingram had a nice run but Paul and Ayton were the best 2 players on the court tonight. As big as Ayton was on offense and on the glass he was great defensively, tipped several passes, got credit for only one block but he altered a lot of shots and on Paul's tear at the end of the game, virtually every basket he scored was preceded by Ayton setting a screen.

Paul and Ayton were an awesome duo.

I do believe Cam Johnson lost some muscle while he was out. He only had 1 rebound tonight.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
And managed to still play effective defense without getting into foul trouble. Having him stay on the court was huge.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
As I said, quite clearly I thought… by any other non-Point God measure, they have outplayed the Suns. Literally, every vital metric is in their favor… with one exception, Chris Freakin Paul.
If not for CP3, we’re down 3-0.
I guess. Without Ingram they’re likely down 0-3. But Paul does play. And he plays for the suns.

This is like people who want to take away a runningback’s 90 yard run because it doesn’t happen every play. It does count. It happened. It impacted the game.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I guess. Without Ingram they’re likely down 0-3. But Paul does play. And he plays for the suns.

This is like people who want to take away a runningback’s 90 yard run because it doesn’t happen every play. It does count. It happened. It impacted the game.
Facts are facts… as much as I don’t like it. The Pels are simply outplaying, out-hustling and out-working the Suns.
It sucks and feels like crap.
Maybe it’s the matchup. So maybe this is what it will be the entire series.
But I am definitely not cozy being outplayed in every critical metric, and relying on CP3 to bail us out 4 times. He can do it of course. And he might be on his way to doing it… but it’s not the most comfy way to watch your team win a first round series against an 8 seed…

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Those are the Pelicans' second-half point totals in this series so far. They are playing well and hitting shots, but the Suns' defense has basically disappeared.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Facts are facts… as much as I don’t like it. The Pels are simply outplaying, out-hustling and out-working the Suns.
It sucks and feels like crap.
Maybe it’s the matchup. So maybe this is what it will be the entire series.
But I am definitely not cozy being outplayed in every critical metric, and relying on CP3 to bail us out 4 times. He can do it of course. And he might be on his way to doing it… but it’s not the most comfy way to watch your team win a first round series against an 8 seed…

The only fact that matters is the scoreboard.

Suns aren't playing anywhere near their capability, missing Devin Booker and still winning. It's what they do.

Chris Paul knows how to finish games.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul takes the high road over some negative chants.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave