Mock Drafts - Discussions, Comparisons, Comments

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The NFLN Mock Drive Live person has us trading down to #29 with KC and drafting Breece Hall - RB, Iowa State. Don’t dislike the player at all, but wouldn’t feel content with that result.

Chiefs traded up for Olave, btw.

I saw that one too. Sounds like a cheap way to move KC up in your mock.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'd be stoked with the trade back to 29 because that should get us a late 3rd and late 5th. But not for Breece Hall.

In this scenario I'd take George Pickens. Very little (if any) drop off between the guys there at 23 and Pickens. Pickens is a true outside receiver and would be awesome opposite Nuk.

To get Pickens and 2 extra picks would be fantastic.

I think we are safe on the 1st round RB. I don't see Keim doing that at all.
Agreed on the trade back, only if there's no knock-out pick at our spot and there are enough impact players to guarantee we won't miss out on one. An extra 3 and 5 would be great!

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed on the trade back, only if there's no knock-out pick at our spot and there are enough impact players to guarantee we won't miss out on one. An extra 3 and 5 would be great!
Would it really?

It just gives Keim(lol) a higher chance of missing a potentially more impactful player.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would it really?

It just gives Keim(lol) a higher chance of missing a potentially more impactful player.

Obvs it would, if anything his 2nd and 3rd round picks have been his best picks.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just doing a bit of research into the WR class. I am really liking Alex Pierce & Pickens. It's making me start to lean towards trade down/edge in the 1st

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just doing a bit of research into the WR class. I am really liking Alex Pierce & Pickens. It's making me start to lean towards trade down/edge in the 1st
I like Pierce, could be second round option depending on what happens at #23.

Is Jameson Williams out all next year or should he play sometime next season? If he can play at some point next year he should be pick if he's on the board unless someone like Jermaine Johnson is there.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like Pierce, could be second round option depending on what happens at #23.

Is Jameson Williams out all next year or should he play sometime next season? If he can play at some point next year he should be pick if he's on the board unless someone like Jermaine Johnson is there.
Everything I've read/heard said Jameson will probably be back by mid season or so.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This year, I have little or no sense of position rankings, but one WR who sticks out (possibly in Round 2) is Watson.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
CBS has a mock with us taking Linderbaum. Here’s the write up.. immediate upgrade over Hudson -wtf?!?!

There is a lot of discussion about whether or not Linderbaum is going to go in the first round. The ceiling, to me, is Cincinnati at No. 31 overall. Even with the investment in Ted Karras, they would be wise to embrace a long-term option. Dallas and Arizona stand out as a few other teams that could be of interest. Rodney Hudson is not getting any younger and his play dipped a bit last season. Linderbaum could be an immediate uprgrade.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
CBS has a mock with us taking Linderbaum. Here’s the write up.. immediate upgrade over Hudson -wtf?!?!

There is a lot of discussion about whether or not Linderbaum is going to go in the first round. The ceiling, to me, is Cincinnati at No. 31 overall. Even with the investment in Ted Karras, they would be wise to embrace a long-term option. Dallas and Arizona stand out as a few other teams that could be of interest. Rodney Hudson is not getting any younger and his play dipped a bit last season. Linderbaum could be an immediate uprgrade.
He is small (6'2 290) with short arms and isn't a mauler. I get he is agile, quick and technically sound but I want a C who can move a pile. Wanted Creed Humphrey a couple of years ago, now he is a cornerstone in KC just made his 1st PB of what will be many.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is small (6'2 290) with short arms and isn't a mauler. I get he is agile, quick and technically sound but I want a C who can move a pile. Wanted Creed Humphrey a couple of years ago, now he is a cornerstone in KC just made his 1st PB of what will be many.

He was up to 302 at his pro day

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Have to laugh. We read that he feels that Linderbaum would be better than Hudson. What he actually said was COULD be better. Or not. :)

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
ESPN 7 round mock draft

I don't mind this for us although the alternate draft here could be

Burks
Salyer or Logan Hall
Britt-Taylor, Bonitto or James Cook
I have to chuckle at seven round drafts. It’s hard enough to pick round 1. The idea you can not only pick players who will go in round 7 but where they will go is pure fantasy. I have trouble putting together a list of possible Cardinal picks By round, let alone being specific.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have to chuckle at seven round drafts. It’s hard enough to pick round 1. The idea you can not only pick players who will go in round 7 but where they will go is pure fantasy. I have trouble putting together a list of possible Cardinal picks By round, let alone being specific.

I don't think it's anything more than a bit of fun and identifies more players to fans. Nobody is aiming for accuracy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose