NFL league: year 2022-23

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Hmm the 10-2 mark shouldn’t matter. The 7 wins on the opening drive is the difference maker bc the other team got no shot. And that’s only 7 times a team won scoring a TD on opening drive with 5 times that didn’t happen. Not as big a difference maker as I would’ve thought.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd rather have brain damage

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'd rather have brain damage

I’m sure it’s super light, but I have to wonder if the guys can feel the difference with that.

Won’t be surprised if that’s part of a new helmet within 5 years.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m sure it’s super light, but I have to wonder if the guys can feel the difference with that.

My son (HS) said there was a difference and hated when they had to wear them.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

I'm actually surprised the helmet style Mark Kelso wore hasn't advanced and become more mainstream. It was designed for him, well before all the concussion discussion in the league.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero
· 7m
On locker room access for media, @NFLprguy chimes in: “They will be open.” Another step back towards normality.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Personally I think these should be the new helmets. Energy domes.
You must be registered for see images attach

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
all things considered I wouldnt think a single pick gets him....even if its 10

package it with this years 2nd and next years 1st....bet he becomes at least a conversation.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Niners have a Deebo problem.Good.:mrgreen:
I wouldn't want to be stuck in their situation.

Deebo is a real goo player....but his biggest drawback is that he constantly misses games. And his production doesn't consistently match the top receivers...and he will want to be paid like a top guy.

Go back to the draft he came out and you will see that I was calling to draft Deebo. I watched him at South Carolina and I was certain he was going to be a stud, but even then, injuries were a huge factor for him.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Report: Tom Brady was poised to receive high position in Dolphins front office

Buccaneers and Dolphins fans have something in common. They both hate the ongoing reports regarding the fact that Tom Brady would have been Miami bound, but for the Brian Flores lawsuit.

We’ve posted several items on the topic. Starting with the news that the Dolphins were planning a Tom Brady/Sean Payton package deal. We added more details this week, including the plan to make Brady a minority owner before he would have unretired to play for the team.

Ben Volin of the Boston Globe has reported on another interesting wrinkle in this saga. Via Volin, Brady would have gotten a “position high in the Miami front office,” similar to the job Derek Jeter previously held with the Miami Marlins.

The Flores lawsuit, filed the same day Brady announced his retirement, stopped that from happening. All of it. No Payton. No Brady, at least not in 2022.

It would be interesting to know whether Flores timed his filing to blow up the Brady-Miami boondoggle. Many think that Flores decided to pull the pin on his civil complaint as a reaction to the accidental text he received from Patriots coach Bill Belichick congratulating the wrong Brian for landing the Giants’ head-coaching job. Maybe Flores sued when he did to stick it to Dolphins owner Stephen Ross, keeping him from getting the outcome he coveted. (The Patriots also benefited from this move, since it kept Brady out of the division. When he became a free agent in 2020, some with the Patriots were convinced he’d end up in Miami.)

Whatever the reasons or motivations, the Flores lawsuit kept Brady from becoming a part owner, and apparently a key executive, in Miami. The plan would have become more delicate after that. There’s confidence in some circles that the Saints would have cut a deal to trade Payton’s coaching rights to the Dolphins, and that the Bucs eventually would have cut a deal to trade Brady’s playing rights to Miami.

Regardless, nothing was stopping Brady going to Miami as a minority owner and/or executive. Except the landmark lawsuit filed by Brian Flores.

Look at it this way. If Brady was simply going to Miami to be an executive, why did the Flores lawsuit keep it from happening? Because that wasn’t the ending point, only the beginning, for Brady’s broader business dealings in Miami.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Russ Smith You talked about this guy before. Now teams are interested in trading for him.

I liked him in college but 2 things. he's not nearly the punt returner I thought he would be. Punt returns are one thing that are very hard to project college to the NFL, some guys that look great in college just aren't in the NFL. With him he's had issues with fumbles, dropping punts etc. He had a 73 yarder as a rookie and a 39 yarder this year but the big returns haven't been common enough to offset the other stuff.

As a receiver he's dropped too many but again his big issue is he just hasn't been able to get on the same page with Hurts, Hurts is a tough QB to play with if you're not the #1 guy. Hurts looks at his primary option if he's not open, Hurts takes off and runs more often than not. Right now the #1 guy is either Smith the Wr, or their TE Goedert. The other issue is when Hurts does move around and go through progressions, that's where Reagor being raw and frankly a bit lazy hurts him. A guy like Quez Watkins has been better because he hangs in there longer and comes back to the ball, one of the things Eagles fans say about Reagor is he often doesn't come back he thinks he's open, the ball isn't thrown to him, so he just quits on the play. Which led to some bad moments last year when Hurts eventually realized hey he's open, threw him the ball and he dropped it because he wasn't expecting it and had sort of given up.

I think it's clear now why NFL people weren't as high on him as I was, they were privy to things about his work ethic I wasn't.

I still like him but I wouldn't give much for him because it sure sounds like unless he woke up, he's not a hard worker. I will say it would not surprise me one bit if in a couple of years he's a very productive WR, I don't think you can really judge WR's in Philly because of Hurts. Expect that Smith turned out to be REALLY good to put up the numbers he did playing with Hurts.

I should add the obvious as discussed before, Isabella for him I would do in a heartbeat and I wonder if the Eagles would have any interest?

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Michael Irvin wonders whether Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill will regret leaving Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes

Receivers Davante Adams and Tyreek Hill changed addresses last month, moving from Green Bay and Kansas City, respectively, to Las Vegas and Miami, respectively. Hall of Fame receiver Michael Irvin has concerns about their decisions to exit teams that have future Hall of Fame quarterbacks.

“You left Aaron Rodgers and Patrick MahomesI don’t know if I could’ve ever left Troy Aikman,” Irvin said, via Ryan Glasspiegel of the New York Post. “I don’t think I could’ve done that.”

What about the idea of living in Las Vegas instead of Green Bay and Miami instead of Kansas City?

“You can still go live there in your house in the offseason, but I’m not leaving those quarterbacks,” Irvin said. “Let’s see how this plays out. You’re making $30 million and you can have houses in two places. I think the most important thing is taking care of what’s on the football field. . . .

“They had some great quarterbacks. I’m interested in seeing how it works out with Tua [Tagovailoa] and [Derek] Carr, but it’s surely not Mahomes and Rodgers. If you make that move, do you shorten the time you’re making $30 million a year because all of a sudden, you’re not making the same impact? This is a meritocracy. If you’re not putting up the numbers to support that $30 million, they’ll come for you, just like Dallas did with Amari Cooper and his $20 million. It would’ve been hard for me to make a business decision on leaving those quarterbacks.”

Amen to that. Will Adams be as good without Rodgers? Will Hill have the same impact without Mahomes? It will be an interesting case study for the 2022 season, and perhaps beyond.

It also will be interesting to see whether the replacements for Adams and Hill thrive as the No. 1 options with Rodgers and Mahomes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose