ATM Class action

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Do any of you guys know about the ATM Class Action lawsuit? I got an email on it a little while ago and I'm trying to assess it. From a Reuter's article from last year it looks like there was a ruling on it for about $67 million. The email I got has a phishing smell to it though. It's saying to go to https://www.atmclassaction.com and fill out the form. The looks of both the email and the site both scream phishing to me and I'd normally bounce them. I don't know if it's a lawyer throwing up cheap site though to save money out of the firm's cut.

On a side note, I'm glad WellsFargo go slapped for it. Their ATM fees are ridiculous compared to my other bank accounts.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do any of you guys know about the ATM Class Action lawsuit? I got an email on it a little while ago and I'm trying to assess it. From a Reuter's article from last year it looks like there was a ruling on it for about $67 million. The email I got has a phishing smell to it though. It's saying to go to https://www.atmclassaction.com and fill out the form. The looks of both the email and the site both scream phishing to me and I'd normally bounce them. I don't know if it's a lawyer throwing up cheap site though to save money out of the firm's cut.

On a side note, I'm glad WellsFargo go slapped for it. Their ATM fees are ridiculous compared to my other bank accounts.

I never participate with those massive and diluted class action lawsuits. They just make the lawyers rich. I remember the Ticketmaster one where people got vouchers to use at Ticketmaster. I rarely use ATMs and even less frequently an out of network ATM. My bank will credit back any ATM fee I'm charged; although, I haven't tried the stip club ATMs yet with their massive fees.

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I never participate with those massive and diluted class action lawsuits. They just make the lawyers rich. I remember the Ticketmaster one where people got vouchers to use at Ticketmaster. I rarely use ATMs and even less frequently an out of network ATM. My bank will credit back any ATM fee I'm charged; although, I haven't tried the stip club ATMs yet with their massive fees.

I normally avoid the class actions too. This one I was sort of curious on since I have been getting hit was some fees from both Wells Fargo and Chase. One of the places I hang out only has a Wells Fargo ATM within like 5 miles of it. Both the Chase locations that had been near to it were closed during covid. Wells charges me $3 for the ATM use if I use my Chase card in it. So I'd like to stick it to them if I could. :)

Strip clubs are usually the worse for it. I might somehow know that Bourbon is "only" $6 or $7 depending on which you use. Some are really nuts though. I think Le Girls was 20% of what you take out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA